CEO - Shane Richardson

It’s fair to say he hasn’t come as far as he has by trying to make everyone happy. There are times you have to make decisions not everyone will like, and this is one of them. Probably not one more divisive than the home ground debate due to the emotion. But seems to have one home as an end goal, which is what the majority of us want, so ultimately he won’t receive that much hate for it imo.

I disagree that LO is a 'heartland.'

It's mostly a boutique, inner west, hipster thing now. Its like beers at Marrickville bowling club. I know because I cannot resist going LO games if I'm in Sydney. It's cool, its an anachronism, its irresistible if the team are playing well. Its even pretty good if we lose. I would take the atmosphere and memories of regular games in September and the odd one in October any day of the week over demountable dunnies and some beers on Norton Street 3 times a year.

I grew up in Campbelltown as a Magpies fan but ALL of my family were Balmain fans growing up. So I'm kind of in a minority of one that actually liked and was stoked about the merger as it solved a lot of problems for me. But the merger was SO LONG AGO. And LO is all about it past. I was a bit a bit sad in a sense to see the hill named after Wayne Pearce, as doing so really felt to me like it ignored 20 years of subsequent history, (and a Premiership!). That for me was very symbolic of LO being a tribute show to the past and a different club from a different era rather than something in the PRESENT to believe in and get excited about.

I'm about as Campbelltown as you can get. I have a lot of westie bonafides. I also got out of Campbelltown and established myself at first in the Inner West, and now I live in Berlin.

I have to say, if you're talking about working class, actual rugby league heartland, its 100% Campbelltown. It's not as ironically brilliant as LO, I fully get that. But its authentic AF. AND, its in Leumeah, its a bloody suburban ground with some standing areas behind both goal posts.
My daughter lives in Berlin, great city, be over for a month in July-August.

Was there anything from the other night that suggested that Wests Tigers is not an inner west club? Take Leichardt out of the equation why on earth would the club think it's future is Campbelltown given the support for the club in the inner west. If Leichardt is no longer an option in the clubs mind there is legitimate reason for that I can cop, but to then send the message that all future investment/ interest directed at Campbelltown - absolutely no justification for that

It’s fair to say he hasn’t come as far as he has by trying to make everyone happy. There are times you have to make decisions not everyone will like, and this is one of them. Probably not one more divisive than the home ground debate due to the emotion. But seems to have one home as an end goal, which is what the majority of us want, so ultimately he won’t receive that much hate for it imo.
Was there anything from the other night that suggested that Wests Tigers is not an inner west club? Take Leichardt out of the equation why on earth would the club think it's future is Campbelltown given the support for the club in the inner west. If Leichardt is no longer an option in the clubs mind there is legitimate reason for that I can cop, but to then send the message that all future investment/ interest directed at Campbelltown - absolutely no justification for that
I thought when we played home games out of the old SFS it had the most atmosphere. In terms of the 30,000 + grounds.

I think we have much more pressing issues than the home ground matter tbh.

We need to fuel the fires of interest and support across many areas. Once people start putting more time and resources into the joint, we will have more options and attract better players and staff.

I like the Richo playbook, I think he’s more than well suited to the challenge and I don’t want another CEO. That could change.

800 new members for February isn’t that bad when the club has been leaking “genuine memberships” and interest for some time.

He will screw a few things up, that’s inevitable, but so long as we are improving in different key areas Im fine.

Also, he’s just arrived. We won’t see him at full strength CEO for a few years.

I’m glad he’s here, I’m glad he wants to be here, I don’t care about his personal motivations Im only interested in his net return from the club perspective.

I can already see his critics in the true WT spirit of skepticism, I don’t understand how they can knock him when he isn’t fully operational and his efforts are untested. Clubs are complex beasts.

Last edited:
One of the largest and fastest growing Junior areas. Justification enough?

.and it's much better now as Alliance.. and the tram delivers u from central almost to the door
It's a melb all type experience
I agree mate,I travel from the Southern Highlands of NSW to attend games,Im much closer to CSS than any other venue,Alliance was a great experience for me but time and work has restricted my game days in the last couple of years..
I dont want to start any negative conversation about Lidcome when the Maggies played there or LO being the heartland of the Tigers etc...The past is the past with some absolutely wonderful memories of both our foundation clubs..
BUT having said that I personally believe we need a venue to call home,we all remember the community oval or park that our proud Rugby League players would entertain the crowds on a Sunday afternoon,heck I remember when I first ran out onto Wiessel Oval in Wagga against the Wagga Magpiesa crowd of 3500 people screaming and cheering waving black and white flags,I played for Turvey Park in the red white and blue,it was their home game..the banter and abuse flowed all afternoon,Rugby League is a tribal game with the tribe behind you on home turf can be a very shaky experience,I was shaking like a dog pooing razor blades,only because in Moss Vale where I came from,if you had a crowd of 600/700 hundred people it was a huge day..
The point Im making is that if Richo can get a place we can call HOME it will make a huge difference to not only to the players but fans,members and supporters alike..
Any decision favouring us no matter where it is should garner support from all of us,we need a permanent home base,not just for us but the next generation to come.....

I wouldnt trust Richo as far as I could kick him!!

Plays this straight shooter card but loves playing with a stacked deck.

Apparently its all about the money except for his suits.

Oh and Im a member paid in full so according to his holiness i can comment!!
Mate, he's from Cunnamulla. You can trust him

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
I wouldnt trust Richo as far as I could kick him!!

Plays this straight shooter card but loves playing with a stacked deck.

Apparently its all about the money except for his suits.

Oh and Im a member paid in full so according to his holiness i can comment!!
Yes weve been keeping everyone happy for far too long, spoons everywhere

Here is one Jan thats not happy

Sorry bout that

Bingo

and we have to make that decision, and it's a hard one.
We need to rip that bandaid OFF.

Look I grew up in Campbelltown and I love it. Our future is there and it will be a hub like Penrith is for the Panthers.
I also get our fans are in the inner city. City stadiums are easier to travel too and we need places where our fans can get too. I don't want to struggle on the Macarthur line or wait for parking on the M5.

We need a decision and we need to stick to the decision!
Leichaert won't be upgraded, or upgraded much*.

We need a solid home ground and one we always play at. Make a decision, stick to it, then let us claim our turf.

*I am actually kinda glad. Over our state pouring money into stadiums and then not bidding for the Olympics. Fix schools and Hospitals guys. Not bloody stadiums.

It's our junior nursery. That's why I think the push will be to move either to Campbelltown provided CSS gets an upgrade or we move back to one of the bigger stadiums for the guaranteed gate money. But the push out west is the most logical and practical move as long as we nurture our pathways.

Not sure if it has been posted sorry if it has but has Richos strategic plan been released yet.

Yes weve been keeping everyone happy for far too long, spoons everywhere

Here is one Jan thats not happy

Sorry bout that
Stacked deck:

* Current wooden spooners 2 years running.
* Sacked Board-emergency junta installed
* Lowest membership
* Mixed to poor roster and juniors
* No recruitment
* $78m underperforming white elephant
*Sponsors fleeing

….Sounds like he’s got into the game during the last hand.

If he has to bluff or double down.. so be it.

Last edited:

Members online

Back