CEO - Shane Richardson

My view is the Wests Tigers just need to do what's best for the club. Make a decision either way and let's just get on with it. No matter where our home is there will be people who will not be happy, it's the nature of our joint venture when you have one group of supporters from the inner west and the other from the south west. The club just needs to move on so we can put all this where's our home crap behind us. We are the current nomads atm. Just get us a home ground so all us fans know with certainty what's going on. The fans who are unhappy will come around eventually.
Yes... Well said.

No-one is going to put money into Leichardt to make it NRL standard.

Sad but true.

I remember being on the old Leichardt oval when it ran east/west. Last season for that was 1970 (I think).

Money got spent then. All new lighting, too.

That was over 50 years ago.

In that time they built the then modern SFS and now even that has been knocked down. Go figure

No-one is going to put money into Leichardt to make it NRL standard.

Sad but true.

I remember being on the old Leichardt oval when it ran east/west. Last season for that was 1970 (I think).

Money got spent then. All new lighting, too.

That was over 50 years ago.

In that time they built the then modern SFS and now even that has been knocked down. Go figure
Seems about as likely as Balmain Leagues Club becoming viable.

TK? Hmmmm. you not on radio are you by any chance?.....
No and I wasn’t the microphone kid on meet the boss either!

Richo is going to eat up this stuff for breakfast. It’s a gift for him.

If this journo wants to keep the WT status quo, at 34, he’s never going to make editor and should learn code!

How can he seriously contemplate that changes aren’t necessary. That’s it’s ok to continue to be a basket case because his dad is unwell and so he can look back fondly at his childhood?

And he wants to lead his kid into the same fate. I mean he should be reported to Child Services!

His agenda is to write stories that attract attention to sell widgets.

Buzz has simply turned into a caricature of himself. He’s entertaining and that’s about it.

Last edited:
It’s a very simple thing , that I don’t understand what it is that people don’t get .
Everyone agrees that LO is a time warp back to 1980 ? Does anyone disagree ?
I’m going to assume yes the answer to above .
So if Q1 is yes , then obviously the next question is do we all agree that it is in desperate need of an uplift , not just for money reasons , but also the fact that there are some glaring HSE issues and even hygiene issues . Not to mention does it rules around event standards re. Toilets , food and drinks etc. ? So I think everyone would then agree that the answer to Q2 is yes .
So assuming everyone answered Q1 and Q2 yes , then the next question is does anyone have the money to upgrade it ? If the answer is no ….. which I assume it is .
Then the answer to all of the above is the tigers have to play elsewhere …

Lose the emotion and actually think .
What happens if another rail collapses and someone actually gets hurt . Or the toilets due to the filth of them actually cause someone to get sick …
Is that a reason to leave ?
Wayne Pearce was my hero as a kid .
But the place is falling apart and no one will fix it . The joint will be a community park / apartment blocks within 20 years . And because the tigers don’t own it , we are screwed .
Tell me that the council isn’t rubbing its hands together for that secretly .
The only way none of this happens is if the nrl buys it and can drum up federal cash .
Otherwise this is it.
Instead of focusing on whether we can/ can’t stay the next question is … which should have been the first question all along, where are we actually going to put down roots . And it isn’t LO , as much as we all love it …

Last edited:
I actually don't hate Parramatta stadium. I think if we belted the Eels (and other teams) there it would feel totally differently.

It's an incredible venue in the demographic heart of Sydney. I think if we win more than we lose the Tiger brand would be really well located there.

South's share a stadium over in Roosters territory. It doesn't make sense only one team is based in at Parramatta.

With the new tram lines going into etc it's got an incredible future. I've been happy going there.

Winning culture and a winners mindset is needed. We should go there and take it over.

It’s a very simple thing , that I don’t understand what it is that people don’t get .
Everyone agrees that LO is a time warp back to 1980 ? Does anyone disagree ?
I’m going to assume yes the answer to above .
So if Q1 is yes , then obviously the next question is do we all agree that it is in desperate need of an uplift , not just for money reasons , but also the fact that there are some glaring HSE issues and even hygiene issues . Not to mention does it rules around event standards re. Toilets , food and drinks etc. ? So I think everyone would then agree that the answer to Q2 is yes .
So assuming everyone answered Q1 and Q2 yes , then the next question is does anyone have the money to upgrade it ? If the answer is no ….. which I assume it is .
Then the answer to all of the above is the tigers have to play elsewhere …
Well we can keep a few games there for precious atmosphere.

Have a waiver at the gate, you enter at your own risk, like they do at theme parks.

Keep the lawyers and regulators at bay.

Reactions: BZN
I actually don't hate Parramatta stadium. I think if we belted the Eels (and other teams) there it would feel totally differently.

It's an incredible venue in the demographic heart of Sydney. I think if we win more than we lose the Tiger brand would be really well located there.

South's share a stadium over in Roosters territory. It doesn't make sense only one team is based in at Parramatta.

With the new tram lines going into etc it's got an incredible future. I've been happy going there.

Winning culture and a winners mindset is needed. We should go there and take it over.
Yeah I like it too, but Ive been too afraid to talk it up lol, especially his week.

Our jungle!

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Cheers. No I'm not anti Balmain either. I was born, bred and raised a Balmain supporter ( and now WT) and I love Leichhardt Oval. But when I was a kid going there, the footy was in the daylight, The Sun and the Daily Mirror were the papers, you had to wind the car window up by hand, my dad used to park the Kingswood just outside the oval itself and Kerry Hemsley was the easiest autograph to get as he walked from the players car park around to the grandstand. All golden memories for me. The problem is all those things have modernised and/or moved on, except the facilities at the old girl.
Without funding, the ground is great for nostalgic value and diehards. it has a great atmosphere when the crowd is into it. So does Comm Bank ( if your an Eels supporter/ player). Unless something drastic happens, I would be happy for a "back to Leichhardt" day just like what the Dogs do at Belmore.
Jesus,,,, you could have been doing my bio for me as well

Latest posts

Members online

Back