CEO - Shane Richardson

I'm just saying...lets just wait a sec bro...

I understand seconds turn to minutes, to hours lol

Reactions: BZN
I'm not trying to make light of a situation and act like I know anything,. especially regarding Richo, I haven't got a clue. It's not all doom & gloom I swear

Interesting article. Remind me again, why does Stefano need time to fall in love with the Tigers again?
There’s so much bulldust floating around it’s hard to see which direction it’s coming from.

Reactions: TSP
As for the clauses, I understand people are unhappy with them, but they may have been necessary to get him over the line.

My policy to sign up players, the important thing is to capture them at first instance, tell them anything, suck them in and work out the details later.

Because once they are here, you have a lot more time to work on them ( if they are good).

Whatever it takes, the player we want- at the right price.

Lie, fib, cheat, bribe, bait and switch, confuse and sneak, just sign the player.

Smash the competitors, show no mercy, recruitment and retention is as competitive as any game.

The only thing stef has said is that he wants to stay and he’s grateful for our faith in him. It’s not a zac lomax scenario.

But no player is sacred except maybe Api, who’s not just a player, but the physical manifestation of some kind of footy spirit.

Club first, sucking up to players and managers second.

Last edited:
Cant ignore the appointment of the new chair and the stalling to move forward with Richardson - clearly there is some reluctance in committing to such a powerful figure and he won't come cheap. A lot will depend on if she/ and her deputy are prepared to face the kick back if they reject the option.
I think the new chair is the problem , Won’t be able to handle a Richo style run set up , I think she got the gig in March and it’s slowed down since , he should be signed sealed delivered on min 4/5 years , then let him do his job and sign Stef , and any new guys we need

I think the new chair is the problem , Won’t be able to handle a Richo style run set up , I think she got the gig in March and it’s slowed down since , he should be signed sealed delivered on min 4/5 years , then let him do his job and sign Stef , and any new guys we need
Agree. But she can't be a lone ranger. There must be others hiding behind her who put her there.

Reactions: TSP
I’d be more worried about the people who put her there.
Stefano’s manager was clever to include that deal breaker clause.
Since Stef signed on we’ve had more turmoil than my laundry washer. Gone from 15th on the ladder to 16 then 17 as a result. Stef is not going to be patiently waiting for us to get our act together. He needs success, he’s playing for his brother too.
I posted months ago we would struggle to hang onto him. Haven’t seen anything to change my mind. We won’t keep him with money.

Agree. But she can't be a lone ranger. There must be others hiding behind her who put her there.
If Richo isn't retained & 3 more independent directors are not appointed to the board as recommended, there will be an avalanche of overwhelming public opposition & vitriol coming towards the new chair & vice-chair and mass exodus of member & fan support.

I am sure this is all just speculation & innuendo as no one could be sooooo stupid to approve recommendations, appoint one of the great NRL administrators, then backlip for their own personal power hold.

If Richo isn't retained & 3 more independent directors are not appointed to the board as recommended, there will be an avalanche of overwhelming public opposition & vitriol coming towards the new chair & vice-chair and mass exodus of member & fan support.

I am sure this is all just speculation & innuendo as no one could be sooooo stupid to approve recommendations, appoint one of the great NRL administrators, then backlip for their own personal power hold.
Yeah I’ll return my membership and the dogs as well.

I am typically a very composed and calm person (except when Tigers play) in personal & business situations but even contemplating the above scenario makes my blood boil!

Latest posts

Staff online

Back