Chris Lawrence announces retirement

Congrats on a great career... Hope he remains in the sport in some way..
Well done Champion

As Madge said he’s what every local junior should aspire to be. I hope we keep him at the club helping our young guys out.

Well done rowdy. Thanks for the memories. A wests tigers legend.

Give me all the 2006-2011 Lawrence highlights right now please 😭❤️

Chris thanks for the memories and thank you for always giving 110% to our Wests Tigers. You are a bloody Legend!!!

@Tigerlily said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1207900) said:
https://youtu.be/nTCkUrmFQEc

absolute speed to burn! what a force he would have become if it wasn't for the hip injury.

My favourite Wests Tigers player and the best line runner I have seen, not many players can set up tries without touching the ball. I hope he gets a much deserved farewell.

Great job Rowdy. Dealt some cruel blows but always wore the colours with pride.

@jadtiger said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1207884) said:
Chris has been an excellent club man and will retire as only ever wearing our jumper a rarity in modern football.A true champion and a WT legend.
Thanks for the memories

Excellent point, he has only ever worn our jumper, took a pay hit to help the club out of a cap mess, and always had a dig, can't ask for any more than that

I hate that we never won a premiership with him, came close in 2010 but that was it. Most humble and down to earth guy you will ever meet

Congrats on a great career champion

the toughest to ever pull on a Wests Tigers jersey. your sacrifices both on and off the field will never be forgotten Chris, thank you for everything.

A true Tiger legend, and the best bloke you'll meet.

If there's a better role model or example of how you should conduct yourself on and off the field I haven't seen one.

@Speed2burn said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1207910) said:
I hate that we never won a premiership with him, came close in 2010 but that was it. Most humble and down to earth guy you will ever meet

Congrats on a great career champion

If anyone deserved one it’s him

Dead set legendary of a bloke and player best of luck in retirement rowdy

![Screenshot_20200818-153330~2.png](/assets/uploads/files/1597728903567-screenshot_20200818-153330-2.png)

https://www.facebook.com/NRLonNine/videos/332588721216627/

Back