Clean the lot out!

Year_of_the_Tiger

Bathurst, you sound like someone who has never been in charge of someone at all, let alone run an organization or have the smarts to make any constructive comment. If you represent our fan base, then that's sad and partly why we are here.

The worst time in our history because we sacked a coach? We're going alright if that's the worst thing that ever happened to us. We all know the answer to that though.

Obviously a well thought out helpful post, can't wait until it's implemented. It's all go from there. :smiley:

Meh, I tend to agree, we do need a clean out.

I wouldn't get rid of absolutely everyone though.

[img[![](http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p452/mcclean05/RUINS_zpscp627m7l.jpg)](http://s347.photobucket.com/user/mcclean05/media/RUINS_zpscp627m7l.jpg.html)
]

Form even recent memory I remember dark Balmain days of the 90's when we had the most terrible roster.
And when Alan Jones was at the helm.
And when Terry Lamb was made coach.
And when Craig Field corrupted us.
And when Prince left (that was really the beginning of the end).
The Sheens saga.
And when Benji left.

This period saw the Farah debacle and Simona-gate, but JTs sacking can be seen as nothing less than a really positive move.
This is definitely not our worst period.

Just get a proper coach now.

Dumbest poost of the day and their are some dumb ones. As a club we sacked a coach big deal evwry team does it when they are under performing.

^^^^spell check prior to calling folks dumb.
\
\
I'd be up for a major clean out. What have they got to loose…can't be relegated ( thank god)

We have 3-4 players you can build a team around...only 1 of them is part of the (vomit) big four. Fill the rest with whoever is available an hungry. Create a competitive environment based on performance and see how she's goes.

@ said:
\
\
I'd be up for a major clean out. What have they got to **loose**…can't be relegated ( thank god)

We have 3-4 players you can build a team around...only 1 of them is part of the (vomit) big four. Fill the rest with whoever is available an hungry. Create a competitive environment based on performance and see how she's goes.

Maybe you should take your own advice…. :laughing:

I think we need to avoid a clean out and work with what we have and bring the best out of those people including our roster.

The reality is, we came pretty close last year and we had a lot of disruption with the Farah drama. Pressure does strange things in big organisations and I'm sure everyone at the Tigers is looking to point the finger at someone to shift blame off themselves.

If we start winning football games, all this rubbish will stop.

Get the right coach and give him the power he needs to run the side and run recruitment. This year is salvageable if we can get the right mentor for these guys.

Next year, we only have 8/25 signed, so we have plenty of money to spend on our roster.

In saying all that, Marina Go needs to get the chop. To walk up to a league legend and current NSW in Laurie Daley and not know who he is is unforgivable.

@ said:
@ said:
\
\
I'd be up for a major clean out. What have they got to **loose**…can't be relegated ( thank god)

I did? I don't call people dumb.

@ said:
Form even recent memory I remember dark Balmain days of the 90's when we had the most terrible roster.
And when Alan Jones was at the helm.
And when Terry Lamb was made coach.
And when Craig Field corrupted us.
And when Prince left (that was really the beginning of the end).
The Sheens saga.
And when Benji left.

This period saw the Farah debacle and Simona-gate, but JTs sacking can be seen as nothing less than a really positive move.
This is definitely not our worst period.

Just get a proper coach now.

Don't forget Hoppa's bum poking fun day at Townsville - has to be the lowest point in our short history :mrgreen:

The OP has got a point to an extent. A major clean out would be great.
Tedesco, Elijah, Woods (not for 800 grand a season though), Liddle (untested), Suli (pretty much untested) are the only ones definitely worth persisting with, perhaps a few of the untested young forwards in the lower grades as well. Nofo and Moses perhaps. The rest are basically reserve graders and very expendable. 2or 3 years is more than enough time for someone to show their wares- if they haven't produced the goods consistently in that time then give them the boot. WT seem to persist with duds for an eternity before they punt them or they retire.

Actually I think as much as I can sympathize with JT as i wrote before the Canberra gamewe needed to show something and came up with a 2016 performance against them.
He got Farah out was given a free hand but 3rd year in it looks like the 1st.
At least now I actually see this as a positive development while we are very much alive this year and while this bad press around Simona is around if we get Cleary in and moving forward resigning player this will be quickly forgotten.
Heard Woods on TV, was not bagging JT but didn't support him so through the manager this information would have been relayed to the board.
Shame Farah is gone as his ability and leadership would be useful under Cleary
Thats the problem with JT. He shook the place up but didn't achieve much.
Anyway, the darkest hour is just before dawn.

I hate that I love this club so much.

I ask myself why I support this team every week.

Can't conquer love.

Unfortunately, the fans love the club more than the club love themselves.

@ said:
The OP has got a point to an extent. A major clean out would be great.
Tedesco, Elijah, Woods (not for 800 grand a season though), Liddle (untested), Suli (pretty much untested) are the only ones definitely worth persisting with, perhaps a few of the untested young forwards in the lower grades as well. Nofo and Moses perhaps. The rest are basically reserve graders and very expendable. 2or 3 years is more than enough time for someone to show their wares- if they haven't produced the goods consistently in that time then give them the boot. WT seem to persist with duds for an eternity before they punt them or they retire.

….or they punt the duds onto another club and still pay their salary :brick:

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
\
\

I did? I don't call people dumb.

Relax mate…I was just poking fun at you because you ripped in about spell check and there was a spelling error in your post.

All in jest budro

With only 8 players contracted and the big 2 and 'wanna be big 2' taking their time, the clean out may occur naturally. Do you think cleary, tooves or anyone but payten would want half of our squad? The only way there is not going to be a substantial clean out is if we hire old mate payten. And if that happens, I will hang up my hat for a few years

Back