Climate Change

Does that me we can all blame the Swiss for climate change now?
We gotta blame someone and the Swiss will do for now Buttface.
After all, weren't they to blame for cheese getting all those friggin holes in it.

The year 2000 thingo certainly turned out to be a big obese nothing where a lot of $$$ changed hands for nothing, as it turned out.
I can't understand why some very learned person wasn't able to show well beforehand that it wouldn't affect our computers.
Where was Einstein when we needed him.

I personally feel climate change IS a very real thing and it's happening now, as science shows us that it has happened before.

It was known that nothing would change when the date happened as you could change the date on your computer at any time to see what would happen.I changed my computers date sometime in 1995 to 2 minutes before the first of Jan (20)00 to see the result.As expected it just ticked over with zero consequences.
As you say climate change is a very different situation and the changes are starting to become evident and will only become more evident and probably at a faster rate

I take ur point , but climate has changed over 1000 of years and will continue to do so . But I would like to know who has shares in all solar and wind , I bet that bunch of bastards who make up the UN and the world bank have there fingers in the pie
Uh ooh!!! :eek: A conspiracy theorist...I'm outa here before tempers from both sides of the argument get out of control.

Few people I know deny the climate is changing. It's been changing forever. The question is whether it's man-made or part of a natural cycle. I believe the latter but one thing I can guarantee you is I won't be around at the end of the century.
"The end of the century" wow.
At the ripe old age of 77, I mightn't be around at the end of the 20's :ROFLMAO:

AI will come first. That can end us first.
Climate Change is a great distraction.
You're not wrong AHX.
Ai to me is scary, as before long you will have to think twice before you believe what you see and hear.
Much bigger and scarier than these two though is ....... Donald Trump and his Looney Tune cohorts.

If this longer period of hot weather is due to climate change - then I’m all for it! ☀️

We gotta blame someone and the Swiss will do for now Buttface.
After all, weren't they to blame for cheese getting all those friggin holes in it.
Yeah, they’re jipping us there for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
The year 2000 thingo certainly turned out to be a big obese nothing where a lot of $$$ changed hands for nothing, as it turned out.
I can't understand why some very learned person wasn't able to show well beforehand that it wouldn't affect our computers.
Where was Einstein when we needed him.

I personally feel climate change IS a very real thing and it's happening now, as science shows us that it has happened before.
Sorry mate as much as I love your input to the forum,climate change is a money grab by the dumbasses we vote into power...
WE elect our govt to look after our country and citizens not treat us as inferior sheep led by wolves in sheeps clothing...
Question,why do we have ,homeless people who have been put on the streets because they followed Govt mandates,lost their jobs,lost their relationships and most of all their dignity following the tyranicle garbage spewed out by the very people we elected to help us,but instead climb over those very people to give billions to foreign countries who have no ties to us such as the Ukraine and Israel..
Answer,the kick backs they get are far more important than their very own communities and people..do some research and you will find that the GOVERNMENT WORKS FOR US,WE PAY THEIR WAGES TO LOOK AFTER OUR COUNTRY AND THE CITIZENS,not be stood over with their garbage "trust the science etc"...We as the people of this country have every right to sack all those in power if they dont abide by the constitution of the people for the people...Trouble is everyone is to ready to comply with their cooked up garbage....
I for one and I dont care if I do it myself WILL NOT COMPLY ANYMORE ..Ive HAD A GUTFUL OF PAYING,PAYING AND MORE PAYING to find myself in a worse position after working 48 years and not getting ahead because I have to keep paying the Govt for screwing me over and over and over year after year...

• Love
People still wear those masks lol. I’ve seen people driving in cars on their own wearing them.

The whole thing was a joke. Every day they’d have live press conferences to tell us how many people died in the previous 24hrs. News programs kept death tallies and broadcasted them constantly. Boarders locked for many months and people refused entry even to say goodbye to loved ones on their deathbeds from other illnesses. The pig cops used like the SS to jump on people walking their dogs, premiers making huge blunders then punishing the public to cover it up. Whilst the southern states were locked in their caves for months, the north and the west lived our lives as per normal. Our punishment was that the holiday makers from the locked up states didn’t come for 3 or more years, hammering our economies.

It was a shameful time for this country and if it happens again - which it will in some form, I pray the majority stand up and say I WILL NOT COMPLY.
And the economy of all the countries that locked down and the internet rates going up and up with all that money getting wasted there is not free lunch

You're not wrong AHX.
Ai to me is scary, as before long you will have to think twice before you believe what you see and hear.
Much bigger and scarier than these two though is ....... Donald Trump and his Looney Tune cohorts.
Mate AI is already controlling your life , and curating your online experience , and as such influencing the real world decisions you make. Even pushing you further into groups you may have only ever been on the fringes of .

Sorry mate as much as I love your input to the forum,climate change is a money grab by the dumbasses we vote into power...
WE elect our govt to look after our country and citizens not treat us as inferior sheep led by wolves in sheeps clothing...
Question,why do we have ,homeless people who have been put on the streets because they followed Govt mandates,lost their jobs,lost their relationships and most of all their dignity following the tyranicle garbage spewed out by the very people we elected to help us,but instead climb over those very people to give billions to foreign countries who have no ties to us such as the Ukraine and Israel..
Answer,the kick backs they get are far more important than their very own communities and people..do some research and you will find that the GOVERNMENT WORKS FOR US,WE PAY THEIR WAGES TO LOOK AFTER OUR COUNTRY AND THE CITIZENS,not be stood over with their garbage "trust the science etc"...We as the people of this country have every right to sack all those in power if they dont abide by the constitution of the people for the people...Trouble is everyone is to ready to comply with their cooked up garbage....
I for one and I dont care if I do it myself WILL NOT COMPLY ANYMORE ..Ive HAD A GUTFUL OF PAYING,PAYING AND MORE PAYING to find myself in a worse position after working 48 years and not getting ahead because I have to keep paying the Govt for screwing me over and over and over year after year...
You’re confusing opportunism and profiteering with real world consequences .
The whole scientific community is aligned that the evidence is irrefutable we have caused the rapid decline in the world’s climate , and depending on which model you look at will depend on how deep the consequences will be. But there will be consequences.
People will be trying to profit off the last ships out of here when the earth comes apart . Human greed and exploitation ie. sociopathy is not basis to deny a pretty obvious thing .
Some councils / regions whole constituency is based around coal mines and thier whole economy is driven by it . As someone who is a politician and most likely in that seat for self promotion and selfish reasons they will make decisions that continue thier seer in power , so there’s very little chance they will make real world decisions that could cripple thier economy today , but ensure a better future tomorrow .
Especially in older generations. They simply have grown up in the best period the world has ever seen , and don’t want to give up the good times . Especially if they’re the ones making decisions .
Me I’m a millennial / gen x , I look around and think “shit I’ve been afforded a lot of opportunities, I’ve gone out and grabbed most of them , but my kids will not be afforded those same chances / opportunities. From climate , to housing to jobs etc.
And it’s not because they’re lazy or lack work ethic , they’re still adolescents. It’s because it’s as obvious as day !
Climate change is just one aspect of this .

Mate AI is already controlling your life , and curating your online experience , and as such influencing the real world decisions you make. Even pushing you further into groups you may have only ever been on the fringes of .
100%

One if the meetings I was in yesterday was a company investment 1Billion in AI across their suite of services.

Some minuscule areas of life that will touch each of even without us knowing.

You are 1000% correct,i have been telling people for years that computer algorythms basically show you all the options they believe you would like wether it is music politics or even your choice of the trype of videos to show you online.
Off course you always have free choice but quite often you have to do a lot of searching for it.I always try to search for as many differing points of view as i can find and use my brain to form my own beliefs,sadly many people only swallow news they like to hear

Climate change is normal. Been happening for centuries and centuries. Remember the Ice Age, amongst others???? Just never been taxed before. The timing is perfect. Its a hoax for money. But in reality it is real. Climate always changes. Its a part of Earths history. Look it up.

There are two types of climate change. The Natural cyclical changes you are referring to and the man made changes being taxed. Whilst the cycle isn't changing the rate in which we are entering the next 'warm period' is.
The acceleration into the warming that we are currently experiencing is undoubtedly man made, not natural and never occurred before. The data for anyone caring to 'look it up' is unquestionable.
Whilst life has always adapted to change it has never needed to adapt this quickly. It is unknown and considered unlikely that most plant life can adapt to a climate changing as rapidly as it is currently. Especially due their fragility against extreme weather events (drought and flood) that are forecast in all climate modelling.
The real question is it too late to stop it?

Greenhouse gases trap heat.

8 billion humans are transferring greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, at a furious pace.

The result is quite clear. Temperature rise is increasingly non-linear, ice loss is accelerating and consequent reduction in albedo only further accelerates warming.

1712790690457.png
1712790827154.png

Disagreeing with political responses to climate change is one thing.

But to pretend it's not happening at all is signing Cameron Ciraldo as coach level of stupidity.

In fact the rate of heating is accelerating so fast the the 'alarmist' (in reality extremely conservative) IPCC scientists aren't keeping up:

Unfortunately yes I think so, what many people don't realise is the massive lag - the heating we see now is from emissions many years ago. And as global emissions have only increased since then, further warming is locked in that I think will easily see us lock in tipping points and feedback loops. Especially the loss of albedo from ice loss, and methane release from the Arctic and Siberian tundra. Talking about 1.5 or 2 is a joke IMO, we will smash through that.

There are two types of climate change. The Natural cyclical changes you are referring to and the man made changes being taxed. Whilst the cycle isn't changing the rate in which we are entering the next 'warm period' is.
The acceleration into the warming that we are currently experiencing is undoubtedly man made, not natural and never occurred before. The data for anyone caring to 'look it up' is unquestionable.
Whilst life has always adapted to change it has never needed to adapt this quickly. It is unknown and considered unlikely that most plant life can adapt to a climate changing as rapidly as it is currently. Especially due their fragility against extreme weather events (drought and flood) that are forecast in all climate modelling.
Oh God!

Yeah, they’re jipping us there for sure.
Are you a Pom Buttface :unsure:.
Nothing at all wrong with being a Pom though as my ancestors were English and Danish, and you come out with some lovely old-fashioned English words.

A very controversial word is 'jipped' according to Copilot.
Yeh, the buggers are only giving us 1/2 a block of cheese instead of a full block.
And what do they do with the bits they cut out, the same as a doughnut, what do with all those bits in the middle that were there before we buy em???

Latest posts

Members online

Back