David Klemmer #264

Klemmer & Twal offer the same service.

I don't think we need both in the team.
Happy for Twal and Stef to start.

I like Twal more than Klemmer.
I'd let Klemmer go and aim to upgrade.
Xavier Willison would be the #1 I'd want.

The difference for me is Twal's first contact in defence is much better and he has better leg speed to get quick play the balls. While I agree they bring a similar service, for me Twal is much more effective and important to us.

I wonder if Isaac Moses (Klem's manager) is trying to get him out. In that stupid Buzz column today, Buzz hinted at talks of a swap between Lomax & a reputable front rower. I reckon him & The Mole get a lot of info from Moses. FYI Moses manages Klemmer, Bateman & Galvin.

The difference for me is Twal's first contact in defence is much better and he has better leg speed to get quick play the balls. While I agree they bring a similar service, for me Twal is much more effective and important to us.
Sad thing is twally’s first up contact is not hard enough either

Reactions: BZN
I agree with everything said by King Sirro except disagree with comments above about Twal being a better option. Klemmer actually works to spread the defensive line to try to not leave us onviously short on the edges. Twal (and most of our other forwards) just follow the ruck regardless of how our numbers stack up.

I'd also bench Utoikamanu before Klemmer. Reason being his 2nd stint is always better than his first. He might be able to come off the bench and lift the intensity whereas he never starts the game with any.

Sorry but I had to start his own thread, it needs discussion.

So many Tigers supporters look at the stats on paper and support Klemmer. Good metres, great tackle efficiency. All looks good.

For those that do, please go back and watch his contact in defence today. Yes he makes every tackle, but at what cost? He goes in so soft that the opposition land in their front and gain great momentum.

As for attack, its Aaron Woods all over. Good metres but lands on his back for a super slow play the ball.

David Klemmer enforcer? Hahahaha.
NO.

Unfortunately we don't have depth to not have him in the 17, but he needs a rocket and needs to be dropped to the bench.

Been waiting for it to catch on!!

Been reading for 12 months how 'Dominant' our pack is... pfft!!
Even read here last year, if it wasn't for Fittlers agenda against Klemmer - He'd be playing Origin...
On what planet?

Our only dominant forwards on the Weekend for mine were Pole and Fainu....
The rest of them would barely bruise a grape (On either side of the ball)

I love Klem (Fantastic bloke), Stefano is a great kid and I'd hoped (Like everyone)
Bateman and Paps would change our fortunes... It's just not there.
The pack is impressive on paper.... Not so much on the paddock
- Outside the 2 kids I mentioned....
Stefano more worried about getting himself a new deal than living up to the hype...

I think Klem nees to add a little footwork late at the line....and that final step just before the line has to be that explosive smash into the D
No easy with late footwork and the old dog might not be up for new tricks.
Need to do something as getting picked up, driven back gets us nowhere.
The body shape is the same as when he was at the top of his game, is it just age catching up, him slowing down or WTs weaving our magic plodder wand?

Sorry but I had to start his own thread, it needs discussion.

So many Tigers supporters look at the stats on paper and support Klemmer. Good metres, great tackle efficiency. All looks good.

For those that do, please go back and watch his contact in defence today. Yes he makes every tackle, but at what cost? He goes in so soft that the opposition land in their front and gain great momentum.

As for attack, its Aaron Woods all over. Good metres but lands on his back for a super slow play the ball.

David Klemmer enforcer? Hahahaha.
NO.

Unfortunately we don't have depth to not have him in the 17, but he needs a rocket and needs to be dropped to the bench.
Been saying this for a while. Gets dominated in tackles is my issue and doesn’t run hard enough. Big enough to get metres but cruels the next ball carrier always in his back.

Been saying this for a while. Gets dominated in tackles is my issue and doesn’t run hard enough. Big enough to get metres but cruels the next ball carrier always in his back.
Wondering if less might be more with him? Less minutes and more impact? He did grind out some big minutes last year for us.

I've been pointing out that Klemmer's cooked since midway last year.
He's done, he's slow, he's a waste of a tackle.
He clocks up metres by plodding into the defence backwards while they hold him up and delay the next play the ball.
He's a grabber in defence which isn't surprising seeing as how he has no shoulders.
He looks more like a basketballer than an NRL player.
Spaghetti man must go.

Last edited:
I'll add that I was hammered on here for pointing out the obvious.
I'm ahead of my time.

Reactions: BZN
Back