Depth - Tigers v Jets

cheeko

Hi all

I head to Henson park a few times a year with mates and was there today to make sure I sure I checked out or depth today. This is my first post - I was at WT game #1, current member, investor in the club (company GM) as a previous jersey sponsor for 4 years and die hard from the lidcombe oval days.

As a club we have bottemed and I see a lot of upside over the coming years if we stay heathy and keep Moses. After reading a lot of posts re team selections i expected more from our reserve grade today.

Aldo-Carr is ready for FG. Good size and exceptional speed and reads to the fame very well. Attacks the line with his speed and doesn't shuffle steps and run sideways. Would pick over Jordan. Also very impressed with Wheehouse the other winger.

Liddel is our hooker for the next 10'years and already offers more than Mania. Not as quick over 10 but better defender, organiser and dummy half service.

No one, and I mean no one else is reserved grade stood up. Joel Edwards looks overweight and has little leg speed. MCK stood back waiting for others to do the dirty works and didn't get involved. Dallas Graham looms likely but doesn't have a gas tank yet. Very similar to Josh Aloili. Griffey works hard but would struggle in FG. Unfortunately doesn't have the height and was shown up y a Jets (sharks) pack with some FG experience.

We have lucked out with Grant and Kev BUT there is no one in reggies besides JAC screaming pick me. .

Thanks for the insight, Edwards defensively can be good but offers little in attack, Aldo-Carr why not would give the opposition something to worry about. Pity Chee Kam looked lazy , but might be the reason Manly let him go. Liddel wont get the chance.

Someone else said JAC was rubbish and shouldn't be picked.

Personally I'd have Rod Griffin on the wing over Jordan Rankhenry.

Interesting seeing different opinions. Others have said JAC isn't ready but Edwards should be in 1sts.

Guess we won't know until they're tried. Personally I'd like JAC, Edwards & MCK in the 17 for next week ahead of Rankin, Lovett & Cherry.

Rankin may give his all but it doesn't look like as tho the boys even want to pass it to him now. You just can't ignore someone with JAC's speed. Edwards has been bruising in defence & I think he'd help prevent points against us before/after half time while Grant is off. And MCK we'll surely he'd have more impact than Lovett. I'd rather him get 20mins in 1sts to give Halatau or Rowdy a break than seeing Cherry get 5-10 mins per game each week.

I was at the game at Henson park today and thought JAC was poor. Dropped multiple easy passes, his defence was average - hisspeed saved him a couple of times but his positioning was poor and his tackling (or should i say pushing) was poor. He ran hard and fast when give the ball but didn't look to work hard often. Sorry just didn't see it other then speed.

Edwards was solid and did all the little things and made the extra efforts. I would put him on the bench for next week instead of Cherringtong.

Chee-Ka I agree was dissapointing

Agree on Liddle - Happy to let Cherrington go to keep Liddle

Chance Peni and Helata looked the best of the backs , while Edwards and FIne the best of the pack

Interesting points. Thanks for the update. When you don't get to see the players regularly it's hard to know who to pick. I still think we need some changes in the first grade squad.

So. Short story. We bought reserve graders and it turns out they are reserve graders.

@MacDougall said:

Fitzy was poor for a long time but turned into a more than capable player when it counted. Hopefully a few of our current deadweights can reach the same heights.

thanks for your input m8…

would like to see more of Liddle but as mentioned, don't think it'll happen - Cherrington is our man.

@Boonboon2 said:
I was at the game at Henson park today and thought JAC was poor. Dropped multiple easy passes, his defence was average - hisspeed saved him a couple of times but his positioning was poor and his tackling (or should i say pushing) was poor. He ran hard and fast when give the ball but didn't look to work hard often. Sorry just didn't see it other then speed.

Edwards was solid and did all the little things and made the extra efforts. I would put him on the bench for next week instead of Cherringtong.

Chee-Ka I agree was dissapointing

Agree on Liddle - Happy to let Cherrington go to keep Liddle

Chance Peni and Helata looked the best of the backs , while Edwards and FIne the best of the pack

Chance Peni is a good player and i like his build for an outside back. I think its time he got an opportunity in firsts.

@MacDougall said:

Poor old Fitzy. Still copping it after all these years!

Great to see some reports from NSW Cup. No point calling for heads in first grade without knowing if someone is ready to step up.

Sad to see Jason Schirnack on the bench for Newtown. It seems a lifetime ago that forummers were calling for him to get a run in first grade. He's still only 26.

From what I read about our reserve grade side with poor passing,dropped balls,poor defense and laziness….it seems we have recruited a bunch of reserves for the reserves....
I don't think it is that bad,as the season goes on it most may improve with games under their belt and fitness levels get higher....I'm hoping everything will gel better for both grades in the coming weeks....as I said many times patience is a virtue....just hope we don't run out to soon...

@Fade To Black said:
@MacDougall said:

Fitzy was poor for a long time but turned into a more than capable player when it counted. Hopefully a few of our current deadweights can reach the same heights.

Fitzhenry is fortunate to have given us a couple of highlights that we all watch frequently from 2005 because 99% of the time he was a constant pain point for every single one of us and it appears some have forgotten that with time in favour of remembering the 1%.

He played well in the important games, I'd rather someone who comes through in the crunch times compared to a bloke who dominates throughout the season but folds up under finals intensity.
100% right when you state Fitzy was a constant source of frustration but ATM I would have a bloke of his ability in our side instead of some others who have all the ability in the world but for some reason aren't willing to put in.

I think guys like Edwards, Cheekam & JAC must be considered within coming weeks.

We have seen the highlights or lowlights from some of the guys in the top side already this year and lets be frank…....Buchannan and a few others would not be playing 1st grade at the Knights let alone good sides.

Latest posts

Members online

Back