Fox Sports EPL Fantasy League 2015/2016

@happy tiger said:
@851 said:
@happy tiger said:
@851 said:
I am somehow, luck mainly in 6th place overall, and I think Tigermama is in 46th place, not bad for a couple of league fans.

Not league fans

:sign: fans

Huge difference :smiley:

Congrats 6th is brilliant mate as is TM's 46th

Yeh, should of said Weststigers fans, and thanks mate, but it is not even half way through yet, see how I am going after 38 rounds.

Must be annoying , your running 6th overall , but your running 4th against Arsenal supporters

Your scoring is bloody impressive back to back 80's

If I didn't make poor captains choices every week except this week I could be on top, from round 10 to round 13 my captains score has been 8, 6, 6, 4 for a total of 24, this week I got 24, just goes to show how big a decision that is.
And yes it is ironic that the gunner supporters are all up there, and it was Sanchez who scored 2 last week as my captain which doubled to 4.

@851 said:
@happy tiger said:
@851 said:
@happy tiger said:
Not league fans

:sign: fans

Huge difference :smiley:

Congrats 6th is brilliant mate as is TM's 46th

Yeh, should of said Weststigers fans, and thanks mate, but it is not even half way through yet, see how I am going after 38 rounds.

Must be annoying , your running 6th overall , but your running 4th against Arsenal supporters

Your scoring is bloody impressive back to back 80's

If I didn't make poor captains choices every week except this week I could be on top, from round 10 to round 13 my captains score has been 8, 6, 6, 4 for a total of 24, this week I got 24, just goes to show how big a decision that is.
And yes it is ironic that the gunner supporters are all up there, and it was Sanchez who scored 2 last week as my captain which doubled to 4.

Well you won't be able to pick Sanchez for a couple of weeks , looked like he did his hammy last night

I see your defenders score pretty well , mine seem to struggle bar Skrtel and Komapany but he has missed many games this season

@Geo. said:
Is that why you're coming 26,789th overall Happy…?

No 22nd and 701st thank you :blush: :laughing:

Its a close comp Geo , I'm only about 15 points behind Tiger_1 and he is ranked 320 places higher

I think something that I didn't realize cost me pretty dearly for a fair while

I thought you had to stick to a 4-4-2 formation , as long as you have three defenders you can run a 3-5-2

@happy tiger said:
@Geo. said:

Its a close comp Geo , I'm only about 15 points behind Tiger_1 and he is ranked 320 places higher

I thought you had to stick to a 4-4-2 formation , as long as you have three defenders you can run a 3-5-2

I have stuck solid with my 4-4-2 all year.

@851 said:
@happy tiger said:
@Geo. said:

I have stuck solid with my 4-4-2 all year.

851 you should look at it , if you can throw in a goal scoring midfielder or three strikers it makes a difference

lol don't fall for it 851…

I think the guy coming 6th overall wouldn't need the bloke coming 701st and falling advising strategy...

@Geo. said:

I think the guy coming 6th overall wouldn't need the bloke coming 701st and falling advising strategy...

I think even 851 would agree that the average scores of the midfielders would be far higher than defenders

I would go as far to say the same about the strikers as well when compared to defenders

All I can say again is look , no Geo ,Hobbo or FT in our comp as managers and we are running 2nd :laughing:

@happy tiger said:
@Geo. said:

I think even 851 would agree that the average scores of the midfielders would be far higher than defenders

I would go as far to say the same about the strikers as well when compared to defenders

All I can say again is look , no Geo ,Hobbo or FT in our comp as managers and we are running 2nd :laughing:

I read back back and the comp ave is based on the Top 5 Managers so it's no thanks to you….. :laughing:

@Geo. said:

I am riding my luck at the moment, so i may look at this.

GW14 results are in and once more, ring-a-ding DING, there's even MORE movement at the top of the leader board!

Paul as Tryhards (851 here on the forum) has surged back to the top pozzzie, on 822 points, thanks to a very astute captain choice with Bon Vivant (Mrs tiger_one) slipping back to 2nd spot, on 798 points.

Laroche Lions (tiger_one) remains in 3rd (one off the rail) on 757 points.

Happy's Heroes (Andrew) has risen further to outright 7th spot in a close-up 7th position, on 740 points.

Neil as St Domingo's (aka smoochefc here on the forum) also rises this week to 12th position on 699 points.

Blueroos falls slightly this time round to a still-solid 18th on 663 points.

And Dane as Metallitigger remains at the tail of the field on 363 points. :pray:

So, with some clarity now at about 1/3 of the way down the EPL Competition path, the leaderbord speaks volumes about the tenacity and manager-logic - and not to mention the volume of requisite luck - of all players.

Overall the league is performing well in comparison to all-comers, so massive congrats to all!

And after all that, the leader board looks like this:

# TEAM MANAGER TOT
1 Tryhards Paul Gibbons 822
2 Bon Vivant Annie Maria 798
3 Laroche Lions Vincent O'Malley 757
4 AdbFC Adeeb T 748
5 NeverNeverland Wacko Jacko 746
5 ballsdeep James Clifford 746
7 Happy's Heroes andrew b 740
8 Mekis Andy Wiranata 728
9 Prancing Camels matt Stacey 711
10 TROYS_BOYS Troy Linthorne 709
11 ShowTimers Craig McGuire 701
12 St Domingo's neil joyce 699
13 Fathersov Leopold Waiss 691
14 Lemon Curry… Queen Jansmooth of Hjaarfger 690
15 Dave's Team Dave Hancocks 683
16 Sistersov Chris Waiss 673
17 Queensov Annette Taylor 667
18 Blueroos Geoff Crossland 663
19 Kingsov Leon Waiss 663
20 Mothersov Ann Waiss 651
21 Hurri-Kanes glenn moscow 649
22 Louis's Philosophers Michael Wring 641
23 Poolers Gee Cee 639
24 Blackett Bears Brian Sirman 636
25 Hurrikane's Heroes Harley Ash 628
26 Arseanal FC Matthew Rech 615
27 Panthers Lindsay Nash 615
28 Cheerios Chiellini Anthony Cirone 577
29 Amore FC Justin P 476
30 Metallitigger Dane Stephenson 363
\
\
All now leans to continued good luck to all who sail in our vessel of hope and/or desperation!

Heads up ppl - GW15 starts tonight so don't forget to fix your teams etc etc.

And as a champion once said: good luck to everyone
(although as was also said - some need it more than others!) :wink:

Back to having my captain score 2, so 4 big points there, I will need a few good scores tonight so I can stay in touch with the leaders.

GW 15 results are in and there's very interesting developments atop the leader board, after what might be described as a lucky-for-some-more-than-others weekend of EPL.

Paul as Tryhards (851 here on the forum) has maintained top pozzzie over consecutive weeks, on 883 points, with Bon Vivant (Mrs tiger_one) retaining a close-up 2nd spot, on 874 points.
Neck and neck might best describe these two combatants as they set a cracking pace from a hopefully not-too-far behind chasing pack. :master:

Laroche Lions (tiger_one) again sits in 3rd pozzie (one off the rail) on closing-the-gap 841 points. :righton:

Likewise, Happy's Heroes (Andrew) has steadied in 7th spot on 802 points (mind you, it's getting pretty congested in the mid field….) :mrgreen:

Neil as St Domingo's (aka smoochefc here on the forum) again this week has continued a rise up the table, moving into 1oth position on 770 points. :righton:

Blueroos has joined the week risers on the board, now into a still-solid 16th on 742points. :righton:

And Dane as Metallitigger remains at the tail of the field on 389 points. :pray:

So, with all the "star" player fluctuations across the EPL teams, some performing well and others disappointing in their game points, the leaderbord speaks volumes about the tenacity and manager-logic - and not to mention the volume of requisite luck - of all players.

Overall the league is performing well in comparison to all-comers, so massive congrats to all!

# Team Manager TOT
1 Tryhards Paul Gibbons 883
2 Bon Vivant Annie Maria 874
3 Laroche Lions Vincent O'Malley 841
4 ballsdeep James Clifford 813
5 NeverNeverland Wacko Jacko 810
6 AdbFC Adeeb T 807
7 Happy's Heroes andrew b 802
8 Mekis Andy Wiranata 800
9 ShowTimers Craig McGuire 772
10 St Domingo's neil joyce 770
11 Fathersov Leopold Waiss 765
12 TROYS_BOYS Troy Linthorne 760
13 Lemon Curry... Queen Jansmooth of Hjaarfger 749
14 Prancing Camels matt Stacey 749
15 Dave's Team Dave Hancocks 747
16 Blueroos Geoff Crossland 742
17 Sistersov Chris Waiss 733
18 Queensov Annette Taylor 725
19 Kingsov Leon Waiss 718
20 Hurri-Kanes glenn moscow 717
21 Mothersov Ann Waiss 710
22 Blackett Bears Brian Sirman 708
23 Poolers Gee Cee 705
24 Louis's Philosophers Michael Wring 694
25 Hurrikane's Heroes Harley Ash 687
26 Panthers Lindsay Nash 686
27 Arseanal FC Matthew Rech 645
28 Cheerios Chiellini Anthony Cirone 600
29 Amore FC Justin P 539
30 Metallitigger Dane Stephenson 389

Wishing continued good luck to all who sail in our vessel of hope and/or desperation!

Attention : 851, Mrs tiger_one, happy tiger, tiger_one, and smoochefc from here on the forum and also Blueroos and Metallitigger from the WT f/b page:

Heads up ppl - GW16 starts tonight so don't forget to fix your teams etc etc.

GW 16 results are in and if we look at the top of this topsy-turvy leader board, it’s all happening:

Paul as Tryhards (851 here on the forum) has again maintained top pozzie over consecutive weeks, on 946 points, BUT this week, Bon Vivant (Mrs tiger_one) has reduced the margin at 2nd place on the table to 5 points, now being on 941 points.
Maybe neck and neck getting even-closer should better describe these two combatants as they set a cracking pace from a hopefully not-too-far behind chasing pack.

Laroche Lions (tiger_one) again remains in a close-up 3rd position on (still one off the rail) on closing-the-gap 909 points.

But wait, there’s more!
Happy's Heroes (Andrew) has risen like a Christmas Pudding to outright 6th position on 862 points (mind you, it's still pretty congested in the mid field….)

Neil as St Domingo's (aka smoochefc here on the forum) again this week has steadied mid-field remaining in 1oth position on 829 points.

Blueroos has advanced 3 positions this week, climbing into 13th on 808points.

And Dane as Metallitigger remains at the tail of the field on 417 points.

Again, with all the "star" player fluctuations across the EPL teams, some performing well and others disappointing in their game points, the leader board speaks volumes about the tenacity and manager-logic - and not to mention the volume of requisite luck - of all players.

And that all happened in a Game Week that saw the shock departure of “The Special One” from EPL duties – for which “I have nothing to say!”

But I digress – back to the league; overall the league is performing so well in comparison to all-comers, so massive congrats to all!

# Team Manager TOT
1 Tryhards Paul Gibbons 946
2 Bon Vivant Annie Maria 941
3 Laroche Lions Vincent O'Malley 909
4 ballsdeep James Clifford 879
5 NeverNeverland Wacko Jacko 863
6 Happy's Heroes andrew b 862
7 Mekis Andy Wiranata 861
8 AdbFC Adeeb T 851
9 ShowTimers Craig McGuire 846
10 St Domingo's neil joyce 829
11 TROYS_BOYS Troy Linthorne 816
12 Fathersov Leopold Waiss 815
13 Blueroos Geoff Crossland 808
14 Dave's Team Dave Hancocks 801
15 Prancing Camels matt Stacey 794
16 Lemon Curry... Queen Jansmooth of Hjaarfger 792
17 Sistersov Chris Waiss 786
18 Hurri-Kanes glenn moscow 772
19 Kingsov Leon Waiss 771
20 Queensov Annette Taylor 769
21 Blackett Bears Brian Sirman 768
22 Poolers Gee Cee 766
23 Mothersov Ann Waiss 763
24 Panthers Lindsay Nash 758
25 Louis's Philosophers Michael Wring 744
26 Hurrikane's Heroes Harley Ash 735
27 Arseanal FC Matthew Rech 688
28 Cheerios Chiellini Anthony Cirone 629
29 Amore FC Justin P 591
30 Metallitigger Dane Stephenson 417
\
\
Wishing continued good luck to all who sail in our vessel of hope and/or desperation!

Attention : 851, Mrs tiger_one, happy tiger, tiger_one, and smoochefc from here on the forum and also Blueroos and Metallitigger from the WT f/b page:

Heads up ppl - GW17 starts tonight so don't forget to fix your teams etc etc.

I fixed my team and took the captaincy of Mahrez last minute

I need the Whambulance quick guys

@happy tiger said:
I fixed my team and took the captaincy of Mahrez last minute

I need the Whambulance quick guys

"fixing a team" can be very, very good or very, very bad!

Still for every downside, there's sometimes an unlikely win - so keep on keepin' on…..... :wink:

Back