Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird how someone can affect your life and you only realise it when they have gone.
I know you have chatted to geo for years mate so it must be even a greater shock.
For me, GEO was responsible for giving me the confidence to start posting again, a couple of years ago he was like a big brother. When I was clearly upset about how a poster was treating me he would private msg me to say not to worry about that person....he would say something silly to make me feel better.
I'm sure he did the same for others.
There's many more that are and were closer to Geo than me.

So, thoughts with them.

Despite it being such a sad situation, it's heart warming to see such positivity in one thread for a man that truly deserves it.

🌹

It's weird how someone can affect your life and you only realise it when they have gone.
I know you have chatted to geo for years mate so it must be even a greater shock.
For me, GEO was responsible for giving me the confidence to start posting again, a couple of years ago he was like a big brother. When I was clearly upset about how a poster was treating me he would private msg me to say not to worry about that person....he would say something silly to make me feel better.
I'd been posting for a while, but I thought when Geo gave me the thumbs up I felt that I really belonged here.
Whenever I rubbished Manly I get a like from him, he really hated Manly with passion.

It is with great sadness that we wish to advise of the passing of forum member and a hugely respected member of the Wests Tigers fan community Geo. Geo has been a highly active member of the Wests Tigers community for a long time and grew to be a wonderful leader of that community for many years.

Geo passed away suddenly and unexpectedly at home on Friday night after suffering a heart attack.

After discussions with his family this afternoon this thread will be left open for comments that will then be collated and passed onto his family at a future time.

This is a great loss for our community but that pales in significance to the loss his family and his school community, where he taught for over 21 years, have suffered.

Thoughts go out to his family during this difficult time.

Rest in Peace mate, you will be greatly missed.

Please leave any comments for his family in this thread and they will be collated and passed onto his family.

Garry
Terrible sad news.
RIP

Well said. This news has hit me harder than I would have thought it would. This forum has been a constant in my life for such a long time and Geoff was such a massive part of this forum. He’s always been the forum guru - the guy who knew his stuff but always saw the lighter side. Always played the ball, never the man.

Couldn't log in with my original account, hence the new one.

this is so sad to hear this news. My old man just let me know and while it's been a very long time since I spoke with Geo or spent time here at this forum my heart breaks to hear this as though 2009 was yesterday.

I remember the first days of this forum, building it with Kul. They were wonderful and Geo was one of the first mods we bought into the team and my god his balance and presence was huge. He was a such a steady hand, a great chat, and a legend.

Everyone loved Geo.

Everyone.

Rest in peace Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very sad news. Like others on here I did not know him personally but this forum feels like one big family disagreements aside or not. His contributions will be missed greatly and sincere condolences to his family and friends

RIP

Hey everyone!

I've been in disbelief and denial since I heard the tragic news whist at work on Saturday night.

I got to know Geo over the years through the Tigers and this forum and had the pleasure of recording RoarCast podcasts with @Kul and Geo back in 2010-11 and Geo would always bring so much knowledge and humour to these shows as he did on a very regular basis as Admin of this Forum.

Last time I saw him in person was in 2018 when he came down here to Melbourne for the Storm v Tigers (Slater's Milestone game) and we met up prior to the match. Geo wasn't a drinker. I used to always offer him a beer but he always said "I'll have a coke instead."
We went to the game with all the other Tigers fans but Geo, my (then) 8 year old son Ethan and I decided to sit up in the stands at AAMI for a better view and we watched an incredible Tigers upset win that spoiled the Slater party. At fulltime Ethan turned to Geo and I and said "We just buried Slater in his own Graveyard!" and Geo responded with a huge smile on his face and was like "omg, that was an absolutely brilliant thing to say Ethan!" - we all laughed...I will never ever forget that.

Far out, tears are building as I type this :cry: my head is still spinning...

The words on this thread are absolutely incredible and so true - he will leave a gaping hole in our Tigers Fan community and will be sorely missed. I'm sure tributes will continue to flow for the great man and I really do hope the Wests Tigers also recognize what a special and passionate supporter he was.

My heart aches for Vanessa, his family and closest friends right now. I am so so sorry.

RIP Geo...you will be greatly missed by so many. I also will miss our Star Wars talks!

Up the Tige's! 🧡🖤🤍

Attachments

• 284039020_611630563287872_3158530862890998593_n.jpg
    284039020_611630563287872_3158530862890998593_n.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
So sorry to hear the news. He was such a good, decent bloke. Always a peacemaker, defusing tensions on here with a well-placed (but usually terrible) joke.
Thanks for making this forum a better place Geo. Your tolerance and generosity often put me to shame. I'll try to remember to think of you and do better.

My immediate reaction/feelings were 'your kidding...I dont believe it' but of course it was unfortunately sadly true.
My thoughts at this time are with Geo's Family.
They have lost a Genuine, Honest, True, Fair Dinkum Family member.

Also the Wests Tigers Forum Family have lost a Valuable and Very Decent Good Bloke from the Mod Team.
I reckon You'll be able to swap plenty of good time stories with Mighty Magpies Tommy, Dallas, Noel and Arthur.

Goodbye Geo R.I.P.

You only have to look at the pages of heartfelt condolences to see how loved and respected Geo was.
I hope his family & friends can take some comfort from all these online friends.
He will be terribly missed but how damn lucky were we to be able to know him at all?

It says something when there is a forum post that has no arguing or bickering in,
Like I said earlier I never had the pleasure of meeting Geo, always was on the lookout for his thoughts on the forum though, it speaks volumes of the guy, that we have a forum topic that for the first time I can remember has totally united the forum in solidarity.

Hearing the news absolutely stunned me. I never met Geo in person, but having been part of the mod team for many years together and apart of the wider forum beyond that, he was always well respected and someone's opinion that was valued. As an admin you wanted his approval when moderating to make sure you were holding up the standard that he had helped set for the WTF, as a fan, if Geo's opinion and comments were similar to yours you felt like you were doing alright.

As many have said when you saw his name next to a post you'd stop and read it and take note, his one liners, his direction in helping to run this place, and his presence on this forum will be sadly missed.

Condolences to his family and all who knew him

RIP Geoff

Wow this shocked me thought it was a joke for a second , I always loved his dry sense of humour, he leaves a massive hole in the forum, imo he was almost like the dad of the forum tragic news, RIP Geo gone but never forgotten.

I have been a spectator on this forum for many years and only recently created an account because I wanted persistence and got sick of manually finding my place in threads all the time.

I must say, I never thought I would post on here and whilst more recently the commentary on this forum has significantly degraded, Geo was always insightful and even though he didn’t post as often as some, when he did it was on point and always added value.

Although I have never met Geo and only know him as a virtual spectator through his contribution to this community this news is terribly sad and I feel very much for his family and friends in this difficult time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back