Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Victor Radley is similar. Someone not afraid to mix it up. He’ll make mistakes and give away penalties but his teammates will forgive him because he’s tough. Footy is much more about intimidation than scoring fancy tries. The best defensive teams shine come finals time. Backs get you your points.
Victor Radley takes the ball to the line hard with the option of passing out the back and taking a whack for his team to create space for others.
Victor Radley often looks like making line breaks and makes his fair share of line breaks over the course of a season.
Victor Radley hits hard in defence and causes numerous turnovers from his hard hitting defence over the course of a season.
You can tolerate a player giving away penalties when they have the traits noted above.
Please tell me when was the last time Bateman hit hard enough to force a turnover ?
He doesn’t, all his tackles are arm grabs or third man in flops.
Please tell me when was the last time Bateman ran the ball with enough intent to worry the opposition, let alone bust tackles or look like making a line break ?
He doesn’t as he’s clearly avoiding any type of big impact.
If he’s going to act like an enforcer he needs to back it up with his actions.

And Maloney has bucketloads more mindset than Bateman...I loved watching Maloney and yeah he made plenty of errors, those that touch the ball most probably will, and they'll likely amke plenty of errors...he would just dismiss it immediately as if it never happened

Jonneh get a good shot put on him and hes rattled for set after set after pushing and shoving going the tough guy act...its easy to get under his skin
That’s probably fair criticism of JB. But ask any player worth their salt and they’d rather play with someone who plays on the line, occasionally going over the line, than some of the numb nut forwards who have simply collected a pay cheque at WT.

Can only imagine how much a team such as Wests Tigers would benefit if they had a back rower with size, athleticism and attacking ability of a player such as Kai Pearce-Paul or the hard running and power of a Angus Crichton.

Last edited:
Reactions: BZN
Back