Hookers

Well the plan all along when we were chasing Hodgson... and I assume, the same plan when we landed Api.

Is to have a very solid experience first grader mentor the youth coming through.

You said we have Liddle and Simpkin.
Also young Rua, but we also have Tannous who the club is reported to be developing as a hooker too.

We're quite set, however these ambitious young men aren't going to wait around.

I would really like us to make the right decision here but its so hard... any could be big stars.

My personal move would be...

Api, Rua and Tannous.

No hard feelings.

Simpkin I thought was the least effective yesterday. Rua outplayed them both and Liddle was okay without being great. We have the worst service from dummy half in the competition. Rua provided decent service I thought though.

Well the plan all along when we were chasing Hodgson... and I assume, the same plan when we landed Api.

Is to have a very solid experience first grader mentor the youth coming through.

You said we have Liddle and Simpkin.
Also young Rua, but we also have Tannous who the club is reported to be developing as a hooker too.

We're quite set, however these ambitious young men aren't going to wait around.

I would really like us to make the right decision here but its so hard... any could be big stars.

My personal move would be...

Api, Rua and Tannous.

No hard feelings.
Or we go Bada binga for train & trials 🙏💐

Simpkin I thought was the least effective yesterday. Rua outplayed them both and Liddle was okay without being great. We have the worst service from dummy half in the competition. Rua provided decent service I thought though.
Agree.

Liddle looked sharp in the first 20, 30 minutes. He, imo... is the most likely to get chopped though.

It's been rumoured he and his family really dislike the coach.

The tale of him punching on with teammates in training.

Plus, I see him being the weakest out of the options with the lowest ceiling.

Simpkin, I like... but he's also a good option for the dolphins 🐬

Api is locked in.
Rua is impressing at every chance and he can play lock as well as hooker so has some bench/utility value.

Tannous is a club man through and through. Coming through the ranks, doing everything that is asked of him. If he can get his body under control, has a big future.

This is how I'd see it playing out but it's the clubs choice in the end. This is the club that backed Brooks for a decade.

No hard feelings though, if you're a Liddz fan or whatever.

Rua has played himself into a top 30 contract these last two weeks. Liddle for mine is first on the chopping block, willing to give Simpkin some time, plus he only extended last year. Tannous is a world away. I don't think we'll see him til late 2023 at absolute earliest.

How long is rue signed for? If he wants to be our first grade hooker he needs to learn when to pass and when to run a number of times last night he should have passed but went him self. He could turn into an effective lock but he is so bloody strong and still so young

How long is rue signed for? If he wants to be our first grade hooker he needs to learn when to pass and when to run a number of times last night he should have passed but went him self. He could turn into an effective lock but he is so bloody strong and still so young
I thought I read that he was signed beyond this year but can no longer find the article. Maybe I was dreaming...

Back