How did it get worse?

Sheens
*Sacked Madge without a replacement
*Put Noddy in a no win situation
*Released players for the back half of 2022 with an already depleted/poor squad
*identified Brooks as our half moving forward (despite 10 years of prior evidence) and now after 4 rounds says he is running half that the rest of the team have to set up 🤦‍♂️
*released Hasting who was the only player with any footy IQ (but not fast enough, sadly quicker between the ears than anything we have)
*brought in a ‘suggested’ attacking style of footy that at best appeared to be under 7’s pass the ball (although that now appears to be changing to 5 hit ups and kick the ball dead)

The Dolphins may have a weaker squad and had less time together but they are light years in advance of what we have delivered to date.

It’s very sad even for tigers supporters that have endured the past 10 years to hear the complete disillusionment and preparedness to walk away, despite the substantially enhanced squad.

Unfortunately I can’t see Benji providing anything different in 2 years time, so in 2028 or before there will be ‘another’ change of direction as we head for 20 years without a finals appearance

PS I hope I’m wrong

You make a good argument. Its hard to deny when laid out like that.

Some excellent posts on here. Great work Forum Members.

Need a quality Half Back asap.

Need to move on players who have failed WT year after year.

I bet Api and Paps are regretting their decisions to leave quality teams. Sorry guys
Yeah those last couple pages were quality discord!

I kind of feel for Api and paps as they really left quality teams for money and now have to start over again.i mean I don't feel to bad as they get paid really well and they knew what they were walking in to in some way.

Why should we expedite Benji’s elevation?
Not expedite, but if Sheens does get sacked we do need someone to take over momentarily. Benji learning from Sheens is most likely gonna end in disaster from us. If Benji really does want to become a head coach he needs to learn from someone that’s actually decent. Hasler or Flanagan would be the best options but I don’t think we could convince them to coach us if we do sack Sheens.

Why should we expedite Benji’s elevation?

The only benefit I can think of is it will speed up Pascoe being punted.

The Sheens experiment is proving a bust. It has Pascoe's fingerprints all over the debacle. No way he would be able to deflect this one. Sheens goes, he would go soon after.

I agree the cancer needs to be removed. The halfback has had years to prove his worth & is the common denominator in our demise. The weekly mistakes lead to the team losing hope then others are trying to make it up on the run. Then Souths v Manly game showed graphically that our DNA is sadly missing . Souths played their hearts out for Sattler yet on our day of days - a full house for Tommy & we just don't show up. That's a leadership issue from the management that's been left unaddressed. I doubt if many of these current players would have been shown how our combined great teams of the past never ever gave up. Until we get these fundamentals in order we are wasting our time. If you keep doing the same things and expect a different result you are an idiot. 4PM this Tuesday will tell us a lot if Brookes is in the side the coaches are clueless.

Not expedite, but if Sheens does get sacked we do need someone to take over momentarily. Benji learning from Sheens is most likely gonna end in disaster from us. If Benji really does want to become a head coach he needs to learn from someone that’s actually decent. Hasler or Flanagan would be the best options but I don’t think we could convince them to coach us if we do sack Sheens.
Your last sentence is the important thing you have stated here for mine.
We simply cannot sack Sheens if we ever want to get a decent coach ever again.
I said this when we signed him on last year. It was not a well thought out appointment and training Benji from scratch is a diabolical idea.
HOWEVER, that bed is made and we must run the course otherwise risk becoming pariahs in the coaching ranks for years to come. The whole reason we have these two is because no one else wanted it. Sack them and our options are as low as a snakes bum.

Sheens
*identified Brooks as our half moving forward (despite 10 years of prior evidence) and now after 4 rounds says he is running half that the rest of the team have to set up 🤦‍♂️
*released Hasting who was the only player with any footy IQ (but not fast enough, sadly quicker between the ears than anything we have)
*brought in a ‘suggested’ attacking style of footy that at best appeared to be under 7’s pass the ball (although that now appears to be changing to 5 hit ups and kick the ball dead)

The Dolphins may have a weaker squad and had less time together but they are light years in advance of what we have delivered to date.

It’s very sad even for tigers supporters that have endured the past 10 years to hear the complete disillusionment and preparedness to walk away, despite the substantially enhanced squad.

Unfortunately I can’t see Benji providing anything different in 2 years time, so in 2028 or before there will be ‘another’ change of direction as we head for 20 years without a finals appearance

PS I hope I’m wrong
At the end of Benji's tenure, we will begin a rebuild.....and you must be patient whilst it occurs.

Sheens

PS I hope I’m wrong
He knows what he is doing. He is beyond question.

Is it possible it’s too early to call?
I realise we haven’t had a win for 16 games, but you can’t count the 12 from last year because we planned for those losses, so in a way that’s a victory of sorts?
That leaves the 4 games this season and to be fair, that’s all this team has had together with our key players missing if not most, all of the preseason training.
I disagree with you on the grounds of the time as a group for cohesion. What about all the other teams in the NRL whom have bought in new players, in particular the new Dolphins team made up with a licorice allsorts group whom have lost only 1 game so far. I am personally fed up with the plethora of excuses being made for the very evident problem.

The only benefit I can think of is it will speed up Pascoe being punted.

The Sheens experiment is proving a bust. It has Pascoe's fingerprints all over the debacle. No way he would be able to deflect this one. Sheens goes, he would go soon after.
Nah. He’d somehow end up as coach. Like Brooks he’s untouchable.

Back