IS IT TIME FOR PRIVATISATION

To be honest, if it was my decision I would have HBG engage a recruitment firm to conduct a professional recruitment process based off a skills matrix to set up the board initially. After the board is established and running I would have the Wests Tigers Board appoint any replacements needed.

In terms of accountability, I would use the separation of the Wests Tigers board and the HBG board as that accountability by creating a mechanism where the Ownership group can remove an under performing board or board member.

The biggest issue with member voted board is it does not allow for long term planning, planning is limited to the term length .

The Wests Tigers are a private company.
Balmain board members were appointed for 3 years I think. It’s a “private company” owned by a registered club. It’s not exactly the same setup as say Souths or Brisbane,

Balmain board members were appointed for 3 years I think. It’s a “private company” owned by a registered club. It’s not exactly the same setup as say Souths or Brisbane,
I don't think this is a topic we will agree on lol. I have no interest in a member elected board, I think there are avenues to improve members in the decision making process that should be implemented.

I don't think this is a topic we will agree on lol. I have no interest in a member elected board, I think there are avenues to improve members in the decision making process that should be implemented.
We don’t. Especially when multiple directors are appointed by Wests Ashfield which is a membership based club. I wouldn’t trust those fossils to appoint squat.

We don’t. Especially when multiple directors are appointed by Wests Ashfield who is a membership based club. I wouldn’t trust those fossils to appoint squat.
Which is why I would like them to engage a recruitment firm to assist in a professional recruitment process. I believe there will be a strict skills matrix for the appointment of board members which is crucial for our club moving forward.

I just don't see any benefit to a member appointed board, outside of the membership base having a say.

How many of our 8000 members do you really think are engaged enough at the board level to genuinely make a decision about how the board is functioning? What truly high quality candidates are you going to draw under that model.

I want a board that rivals the skill set of the roosters board. I am tired of being run like my local footy team.

I don't have the knowledge or the understanding to determine who should be running our club, a modern professional sporting organisation. I am happy for professionals to make those decisions.

I know, if we were to announce open board elections tomorrow, of 3 people personally that would run right now. At least 2 of them who shouldn't be anywhere near a board at this level but would have a high chance of making it onto the board.

Which is why I would like them to engage a recruitment firm to assist in a professional recruitment process. I believe there will be a strict skills matrix for the appointment of board members which is crucial for our club moving forward.

I just don't see any benefit to a member appointed board, outside of the membership base having a say.

How many of our 8000 members do you really think are engaged enough at the board level to genuinely make a decision about how the board is functioning? What truly high quality candidates are you going to draw under that model.

I want a board that rivals the skill set of the roosters board. I am tired of being run like my local footy team.

I don't have the knowledge or the understanding to determine who should be running our club, a modern professional sporting organisation. I am happy for professionals to make those decisions.

I know, if we were to announce open board elections tomorrow, of 3 people personally that would run right now. At least 2 of them who shouldn't be anywhere near a board at this level but would have a high chance of making it onto the board.
I’d take Keith Barnes over Lee Fedora any day.

So would I, but I'd also like the head of tv network and a large financial institution to operate along side him.
And I do too. I just don’t think it’s any more likely having Wests Ashfield doing the appointment. If it was a proper private company people could buy shares in, that’s one thing, but a lot of the problems we have are due to an unaccountable cabal with personal gripes and agendas. I’d be happier if the NRL appointed them.

And I do too. I just don’t think it’s any more likely having Wests Ashfield doing the appointment. If it was a proper private company people could buy shares in, that’s one thing, but a lot of the problems we have are due to an unaccountable cabal with personal gripes and agendas. I’d be happier if the NRL appointed them.
I'm really hopeful of high quality appointments.

Privatisation not looking rosy for Souths atm. It’s about having the right people in the right lanes, not the ownership imo. #Sign Richo

Latest posts

Back