Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gnr4life said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501257) said:
I don’t hate him. Far from it. If anything, I’m starting to feel sorry for him and the amount of expectations on him.

I haven't seen anyone thinking he's going to be a game changer... I think almost everyone has just said he's got a really good attitude and hope he goes well on the field. Not sure how that's high expectations, I hope all our players go well

@geo said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501243) said:
Really..facepalm..

Hastings is hungry and keen to play for us..half the battle right there..

Noffa and Brooks love the jersey too. Doesn’t get them too many brownie points.

@the_patriot said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501255) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501252) said:
@geo said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501248) said:
@the_patriot said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501246) said:
Really..facepalm..

But he remains one of the most criticised and hated players on the forum without even pulling on the jersey in a game

Disgusting really.

Agreed

Any examples of the criticism or hate? Ive seen a few say he hasnt proven himself yet, but I havent seen any "hate". To say his is one of the most critised players whilst Brooks remains in the team is a stretch.

Without even pulling on the jersey . That is the context you are missing.

This guy hasnt even disappointed us on the field. Not even once!

Mate Im not the one missing the context.

This whole discussion has flowed from me making a genuine positive post about Hastings. It wasnt a glib positive post either, it outlined my reservations at his signing and concerns with the calls for him to be captian but goes on to make a positive note that I genuinely hope he makes it for the benefit and the club.

THAT is the context. Out of that you pounce on me with some imagined slight.

This place (and you) has seriously lost it. We can have as many threads as we all want about what is "wrong" with this place and the moderation of the forum........and then a page of criticism because someone posted a positive post about a WT player that aligns with the groupthink. Amazing.

@happy_tiger said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501259) said:
Really..facepalm..

They all are Geo ...throw in a fluff piece .....they will kill and die for the club .....

I guarantee he's hungrier to play than 99% of our blokes

@jc99 said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501260) said:
I don’t hate him. Far from it. If anything, I’m starting to feel sorry for him and the amount of expectations on him.

I haven't seen anyone thinking he's going to be a game changer... I think almost everyone has just said he's got a really good attitude and hope he goes well on the field. Not sure how that's high expectations, I hope all our players go well

Some want him to be captain. If those aren’t high expectations, idk what are.

Accurate take

@gnr4life said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501265) said:

You seem extremely hung up on that post... even the call to make him captain was based off his attitude, not the fact they thought he would be an elite halfback

I feel like you'll relax a lot more if you forget about the one person who said he should be captain lol, you mention it like every 6 hours

@tiger5150 said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501262) said:
Really..facepalm..

But he remains one of the most criticised and hated players on the forum without even pulling on the jersey in a game

Disgusting really.

Agreed

Any examples of the criticism or hate? Ive seen a few say he hasnt proven himself yet, but I havent seen any "hate". To say his is one of the most critised players whilst Brooks remains in the team is a stretch.

This whole discussion has flowed from me making a genuine positive post about Hastings. It wasnt a glib positive post either, it outlined my reservations at his signing and concerns with the calls for him to be captian but goes on to make a positive note that I genuinely hope he makes it for the benefit and the club.

This place (and you) has seriously lost it. We can have as many threads as we all want about what is "wrong" with this place and the moderation of the forum........and then a page of criticism because someone posted a positive post about a WT player that aligns with the groupthink. Amazing.

No need to make it so personal. I debated your opinion and questioned the legitimacy of your support for the guy given you ended it on hoping he isn't another Reynolds.

@jc99 said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501267) said:

You seem extremely hung up on that post... even the call to make him captain was based off his attitude, not the fact they thought he would be an elite halfback

I feel like you'll relax a lot more if you forget about the one person who said he should be captain lol, you mention it like every 6 hours

You telling me only one person has suggested he be captain? Please. And why is it you can rationalise why there is so much support for him, but opinions going the other way are out of line?

@the_patriot said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501268) said:
Really..facepalm..

Disgusting really.

Agreed

No need to make it so personal. I debated your opinion and questioned the legitimacy of your support for the guy given you ended it on hoping he isn't another Reynolds.

Dont make it personal? On what basis do you question the legitimacy of my own thoughts. I DO hope he isnt another Reynolds but I see a LOT of parallels. I genuinely hope he makes it. I support everyone who pulls on a Tigers jersey.

Lets get the thread back on track. I made a positive post about Jackson Hastings. Get over it and stop pretending to know what I think…wasted over a page already.

@gnr4life said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501270) said:

You telling me only one person has suggested he be captain? Please. And why is it you can rationalise why there is so much support for him, but opinions going the other way are out of line?

Literally no one has said you aren't allowed to have fair opinions of him. People have attacked him for no reason, that's all. Not saying you've done that, but there's been certain people who've done nothing but rag on the bloke from the moment we got rumoured to sign him.

Saying he's going to fail, he's a bad signing, a bad person, needs to stop talking about himself etc etc before he's even played a game is dumb and too many people have done it. Let's see how he goes! Really pointless to talk much more about him until that happens... you seem to have the same argument with someone about it every single day mate ?

I'm excited to see if he can make a difference to the club. He's got a point to prove and a chance to rebuild his career in the NRL. If he can replicate his off field enthusiasm and focus to his onfield performances he may just be someone we can build a team around and finally see some success.

@beejay said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501281) said:
I'm excited to see if he can make a difference to the club. He's got a point to prove and a chance to rebuild his career in the NRL. If he can replicate his off field enthusiasm and focus to his onfield performances he may just be someone we can build a team around and finally see some success.

How dare you have such LOFTY expectations of him. Stop being excited for him! Don't you know he hasn't played NRL in years?

IMO there is nothing wrong with hoping that Hastings becomes a game changer. With Doueihi injured and Brooks unlikely to change from what we’ve already seen Hastings is an unknown quantity.

As long as those things are hope and not expectations, I don’t see why any WT fan would want to shoot that down.

@jc99 said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501280) said:

Literally no one has said you aren't allowed to have fair opinions of him. People have attacked him for no reason, that's all. Not saying you've done that, but there's been certain people who've done nothing but rag on the bloke from the moment we got rumoured to sign him.

Saying he's going to fail, he's a bad signing, a bad person, needs to stop talking about himself etc etc before he's even played a game is dumb and too many people have done it. Let's see how he goes!

I haven’t read one post calling him a bad person, not once. In fact, I actually commended him for him turning his life around if the reports of it are true in a post I tagged you in btw. Also never claimed he would be a failure.

As for you claiming only one person called for him to be captain, wrong again. He received 26 votes in the the captains poll. I’d be retracting that statement if I were you.

https://weststigersforum.com/topic/33055/who-is-your-roubd-1-2022-captain?page=1

@gnr4life said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501261) said:
Really..facepalm..

Well..Ive seen.. slowest half in NRL history.. playing in a second rate competition .. a grub.. wouldn't make a good team.... no one else interested.biggest claim to fame is he punched DCE...the bloke hasn't even kicked a ball in anger for us ..is what I agreed with and the above has been levelled at him..

Lets see how he goes 1st eh..

@gnr4life said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501226) said:
@krammy said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501218) said:
If nothing else, the amount of enthusiasm and energy Jackson Hastings is showing will be great for the team. This was missing too often last year.

Josh Renyolds had energy.

Josh Reynolds wasn't an organiser, Hastings is.

Also Hastings isn't broken down physically.

@tiger5150 said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501271) said:
@the_patriot said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501268) said:
Really..facepalm..

Disgusting really.

Agreed

Dont make it personal? On what basis do you question the legitimacy of my own thoughts. I DO hope he isnt another Reynolds but I see a LOT of parallels. I genuinely hope he makes it. I support everyone who pulls on a Tigers jersey.

Lets get the thread back on track. I made a positive post about Jackson Hastings. Get over it and stop pretending to know what I think…wasted over a page already.

Do you read back what you write. You just admitted you see a lot of similarities to Reynolds but you want to give yourself credit for a positive Hastings post.

Can't have it both ways sorry.

@geo said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501288) said:
@gnr4life said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501261) said:
Really..facepalm..

Well..Ive seen.. slowest half in NRL history.. playing in a second rate competition .. a grub.. wouldn't make a good team.... no one else interested.biggest claim to fame is he punched DCE...the bloke hasn't even kicked a ball in anger for us ..is what I agreed with and the above has been levelled at him..

Lets see how he goes 1st eh..

Thats all I'm saying.

Let's see how he goes before we pile on.

@gnr4life said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501287) said:
@jc99 said in [Jackson Hastings \- Mega Thread](/post/1501280) said:

Saying he's going to fail, he's a bad signing, a bad person, needs to stop talking about himself etc etc before he's even played a game is dumb and too many people have done it. Let's see how he goes!

I haven’t read one post calling him a bad person, not once. In fact, I actually commended him for him turning his life around if the reports of it are true in a post I tagged you in btw. Also never claimed he would be a failure.

As for you claiming only one person called for him to be captain, wrong again. He received 26 votes in the the captains poll. I’d be retracting that statement if I were you.

https://weststigersforum.com/topic/33055/who-is-your-roubd-1-2022-captain?page=1

Seen plenty of posts saying he's a wanker, bad for culture, etc etc. clearly didn't mean SPECIFICALLY saying he's a bad person

My point was get over it mate ? people vote him as captain because he's already shown he's more a leader than most of the blokes here, not because he's an elite player. You bring it up 16 times a day, get over it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back