OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - Official

Jarome Luai out of World Cup Challenge .. :oops:

The Panthers will be without star five-eighth Jarome Luai for the upcoming World Club Challenge clash with Wigan Warriors.

That is according to The Sydney Morning Herald, who revealed coach Ivan Cleary broke the news to Panthers fans on Monday night at the launch of Undisputed — a documentary that covers the team’s 2023 season.
Cleary confirmed that Luai will travel to the UK but won’t play against the reigning Super League champions.

“He won’t play in the World Club Challenge because he’s not just ready,” he said.

“He can continue his rehab, and he deserves to be there as a reward for everything he’s done for our team and our club. He’s super close, I just want him staying with the team and training.”

Penrith are hopeful though that Luai will be fit for their Round 1 clash with the Storm on Friday, March 8.
Luai is recovering from shoulder surgery, which he underwent last October following the Panthers’ grand final win over the Broncos.

The 27-year-old first dislocated his shoulder on the eve of finals and returned two weeks ahead of schedule to feature in the preliminary. He then aggravated the injury in the grand final and left the field in the second half.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that report has me worried .. have we put all our money into a player that could be permanently broken .. !!

The Panthers will be without star five-eighth Jarome Luai for the upcoming World Club Challenge clash with Wigan Warriors.

That is according to The Sydney Morning Herald, who revealed coach Ivan Cleary broke the news to Panthers fans on Monday night at the launch of Undisputed — a documentary that covers the team’s 2023 season.
Cleary confirmed that Luai will travel to the UK but won’t play against the reigning Super League champions.

“He won’t play in the World Club Challenge because he’s not just ready,” he said.

“He can continue his rehab, and he deserves to be there as a reward for everything he’s done for our team and our club. He’s super close, I just want him staying with the team and training.”

Penrith are hopeful though that Luai will be fit for their Round 1 clash with the Storm on Friday, March 8.
Luai is recovering from shoulder surgery, which he underwent last October following the Panthers’ grand final win over the Broncos.

The 27-year-old first dislocated his shoulder on the eve of finals and returned two weeks ahead of schedule to feature in the preliminary. He then aggravated the injury in the grand final and left the field in the second half.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that report has me worried .. have we put all our money into a player that could be permanently broken .. !!

He's fine. Had major surgery, needs time 2 heal bro

No concern. I'm actually very happy with this. Means he is getting proper time to heal it, rather than come back too soon and damage it again.

No concern. I'm actually very happy with this. Means he is getting proper time to heal it, rather than come back too soon and damage it again.
Exactly.
Penrith could be arseholes about this and flog him to death then hand over a genuine liability to us at year’s end.
The more rehab time he receives from them, the better for us.

Latest posts

Members online

Back