Jarome Luai - Official

The straight hard running of Olam should suit Luai nicely
That’s if he doesn’t keep stepping back inside and starve him the way he starved Taylan May last night. Don’t mind me, just a disgruntled May owner.

Oh well that display tonite should put to bed any concerns people have about him playing without Cleary.
But I guess he's only one average, quiet, bad game away from all those concerns to be raised again. It's hard to stay at the top of your game week in week out
Thought he had a cracker tonite
since Jerome and Nathan teamed up in the halves.i think the Panthers have only lost once when Cleary has been out and Jerome has been the dominant half

Very impressive from Luai last night. Masterstroke from the club to get this guy locked down.

He plays fine in the usual very structured Panthers but last night it was abit more off the cuff and really suited him and Benji will really encourage him to play his game.

Personally I think Yeo is the most valuable component of the Penrith team. Controls the speed and direction of the attack , holds the middle in defence and makes countless dirty hit ups. Without him both Cleary and Luai don’t have that solid platform to work from. Of course it helps having Edwards ,Cleary and Luai to feed off his work

Loved the Benji step by Jerome in the Dylan Edwards try.

What a cracker of a player
Yeah I thought he’d been quiet so far this season but he was amazing tonight and I agree Spartan, those steps followed by the final pass to set up the try was brilliant.
Agree with other comments that he doesn’t struggle without Cleary, if anything he lifts.

True but having Yeo there certainly helps !
Of course it does, no one can win on their own. But having Jarome helps too.

With the five-eighth in the side the Panthers have a win rate of 88.5% (77 wins, 9 losses), whilst it drops heavily without him 53.8% (7 wins, 6 losses).

That’s if he doesn’t keep stepping back inside and starve him the way he starved Taylan May last night. Don’t mind me, just a disgruntled May owner.

Supercoach will do that to you. But I do agree, there are many times he keeps stepping where if he steps once and straightens he really creates space for a straight runner. I'm hoping Benji works on this so he has both weapons in his arsenal for us.

Personally I think Yeo is the most valuable component of the Penrith team. Controls the speed and direction of the attack , holds the middle in defence and makes countless dirty hit ups. Without him both Cleary and Luai don’t have that solid platform to work from. Of course it helps having Edwards ,Cleary and Luai to feed off his work
Yeo is an awesome player and recognised by the Panthers.
Of course it does, no one can win on their own. But having Jarome helps too.

With the five-eighth in the side the Panthers have a win rate of 88.5% (77 wins, 9 losses), whilst it drops heavily without him 53.8% (7 wins, 6 losses).
I saw something (think it was on the TV coverage last night) saying Cleary has missed 18 games (due to injury or SOO) out of those 18 with Jerome playing Penrith have only lost one game.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Yeah I thought he’d been quiet so far this season but he was amazing tonight and I agree Spartan, those steps followed by the final pass to set up the try was brilliant.
Agree with other comments that he doesn’t struggle without Cleary, if anything he lifts.
Luai looks a lot like Benji, but with more toughness. I thought Schneider did a great job replacing Cleary and handling the early part of the game, which allowed Luai some time to get into the game at his own pace. It will be interesting to see what position Luai plays in a Tigers team?

Yeo is an awesome player and recognised by the Panthers.

I saw something (think it was on the TV coverage last night) saying Cleary has missed 18 games (due to injury or SOO) out of those 18 with Jerome playing Penrith have only lost one game.
Yep Penrith certainly can’t be accused of being a one man team, despite Cleary’s dominance. Take a dominant 7 out of many other sides and they usually crumble.

Luai looks a lot like Benji, but with more toughness. I thought Schneider did a great job replacing Cleary and handling the early part of the game, which allowed Luai some time to get into the game at his own pace. It will be interesting to see what position Luai plays in a Tigers team?

I really think he will play 7. I think he looks better closer in on the ball more. I reckon he will transform a little to a Scott Prince type half. Which means he will still spend 40% of the time out wider, so we get the best of both worlds.

The key is how we fit in and get the best out of Galvin and Fainu. If we can work that out then we could tear oppositions apart.

I really think he will play 7. I think he looks better closer in on the ball more. I reckon he will transform a little to a Scott Prince type half. Which means he will still spend 40% of the time out wider, so we get the best of both worlds.

The key is how we fit in and get the best out of Galvin and Fainu. If we can work that out then we could tear oppositions apart.
100% he's our 7 after the performances of Galvin in the 6. Can't wait to see what Fainu has got

I think he looks better 1 or 2 passes wide of the ruck, the way he and Cleary currently play. We seem to be left with a lot of 6 type players when Sezer‘s contract expires? Anyway, cool bananas, I‘m sure Benji will find a way to have all of them playing to their strengths.

I hope we can put to bed this ''he only plays good with **** and it helps him having ???? there....hes a great player, and hes ours next year lets forget all this other rubbish were putting on him
Look at Api. That should give everyone confidence that he’s not coming here to half ass it. These guys are competitors. Everyone should pumped after seeing him last.

Members online

Back