OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - Official

Our issue has been, and has been for some time... ;

- No smarts in the spine
- no threats in the backs

Luai and Turuva coming nest year really address this.

It's IMPERATIVE though, we continue to strengthen.

We need to be reaching out and seeing what we can get, players like Averillo and whatnot... we need some x factor in the backline

We can’t be sitting here in June next year crying about not having any outside backs …

Turuva on his own IS NOT the answer ..

At least one, and preferably two additional first grade ready backs are required to upgrade wingers and centers……

They can’t keep giving us the “elite juniors” BS … they have zero confidence in them ..they never pick them until there is no other option through injury or suspension ..

I think Benji’s continued employment here depends on upgrading these positions…

If he doesn’t want to do it then get rid of him …

Just rort the cap and get 4 or 5 quality players, get rid of some of the dead wood that are on brain dead contracts making up the numbers by what ever means available, pay the bunker to have a stinker in our favour and for Annusley to make up new rules on Monday to support whatever the bunker ruled on, sick of this pathetic shit that has been going on for way too long since before Brad Arthur was coaching the Parra-sites.

Simple really, what the f#@k could go wrong.

Watched at Suncorp the Penrith game, comments in the crowd about Luai from the warriors supporters they were concerned he would be the difference, he is a class player. Somebody when signing Turuva said he was electric, I would class as steam fast, Staines is faster off the mark, that signing worries me.

We can’t be sitting here in June next year crying about not having any outside backs …

At least one, and preferably two additional first grade ready backs are required to upgrade wingers and centers……

They can’t keep giving us the “elite juniors” BS … they have zero confidence in them ..they never pick them until there is no other option through injury or suspension ..

Great post
Simple as that

Faatape and Alaimalo are good depth recruits, I like them both.

The other outside backs we've got on the books aren't cutting it and haven't for years now.

Staines, Toa, Naden... nope
Feledy and Casey? We will see Friday, I have zero confidence going into this game.

Upgrades needed drastically.

LAULILI and TURUVA on the wings

Also Luke is 17 - so isn't even allowed to be picked in NRL. The fact he is playing so well in Cup at 17 is a fantastic sign. I'd expect he finishes next yr on the wing for the nrl side
I think you'll find he's 18 this year. Not sure whether that's already happened yet or not.

But I agree re; ability in Cup. The fact he plays a power game too is even more impressive against grown men and considering, as well, the physical development yet to come at that age.

Great post
Simple as that

The other outside backs we've got on the books aren't cutting it and haven't for years now.

Feledy and Casey? We will see Friday, I have zero confidence going into this game.

Casey could be ok keeper , the others are not worth it , Staines I feel for as he was a fair player but after that injury he aint the same no more

I think you'll find he's 18 this year. Not sure whether that's already happened yet or not.

But I agree re; ability in Cup. The fact he plays a power game too is even more impressive against grown men and considering, as well, the physical development yet to come at that age.
18 in August. I'd say he'll likely debut in the last few weeks of our season. super talent and will definitely factor into Marshall's thinking for an NRL start come 2025.

another preseason will really help him with his body. still growing laterally and vertically which is exciting for all involved.

What has happened to TDS? 5 games at the backend of 23 then dumped.
Same with Matamua. 5 games in 2023, 1 so far this year.
Both languishing in KOE Cup getting done every week.
Chuck them in Flegg where a winning culture can be built.
Matamua has just finished a multiple week suspension

Got any highlights of the lad?

Our issue has been, and has been for some time... ;

- No smarts in the spine
- no threats in the backs

Luai and Turuva coming nest year really address this.

It's IMPERATIVE though, we continue to strengthen.

We need to be reaching out and seeing what we can get, players like Averillo and whatnot... we need some x factor in the backline
Go down the local park and watch some junior footy, what’s the tactics? They’ll work to a spot on the field then set up for a shift or set play to their star player/s in space. If that doesn’t work they’ll rinse & repeat. They might score when a big kid runs over a smaller kid.

Now fast forward to the last five minutes in an NRL game when a team needs a try to level the scores or win. They work to a spot then shift the ball numerous times to their star attacking players.

In origin last time NSW won a series, it was a shift Maloney to Mitchell to Fergo to Tedesco from memory.

At all levels of the game you need weapons to score points. Our best, a 22yo guy who’d probably prefer to be in the NBA just doesn’t cut it. Hopefully Richo is on a mission to buy some missiles.

Great post
Simple as that

To be honest there are a Tomato load of outside back options off contract next year. It’s the one position that I think there is genuine competition for still.

We should make Euan Aitken target number one and Averillo number two. A moneyBall signing could be Kayal Iro from the sharks and I reckon Cotric should be considered too.
Also my cousin Danny Gabriel for a youth to back them up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back