Jayden "Bud" Sullivan #278

It's do or die for Bud, and I'm sure he realises that.

If he has a bad game and Benji keeps him, it will be Robbie's job to turn him into a 9... or he'll get hooked.
He woul dtake a lot of work to turn into a 9. He had no idea in that position last week. Didn't once that I recall engage and commit the A and B defender putting our attack behind the curve from the get go.

He woul dtake a lot of work to turn into a 9. He had no idea in that position last week. Didn't once that I recall engage and commit the A and B defender putting our attack behind the curve from the get go.
Latu Finau‘s defence looked strong. I’d imagine he’d do a better job filling in at 9 than Bud.
Once Galvin and Latu come back, it’s hard to see Bud fitting into the 17. Having said that Bud is a better backup halve than what we have had in the past. With the amount of injuries, head knocks, suspensions, ect its handy to have the depth this year

Latu Finau‘s defence looked strong. I’d imagine he’d do a better job filling in at 9 than Bud.
Once Galvin and Latu come back, it’s hard to see Bud fitting into the 17. Having said that Bud is a better backup halve than what we have had in the past. With the amount of injuries, head knocks, suspensions, ect its handy to have the depth this year
Even if he plays well this weekend, he'll be an expensive headache.

It’s a very different situation this Sunday compared to when we played the Dragons in the trial game.
We now know the Dragons will start the game with a very aggressive physical mindset.
We now know if we don’t match them in these areas we will be out of the contest very quickly.
Bud Sullivan knows he needs to muscle up and put in a big effort defensively otherwise he may not get much more NRL game time this season.
Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how he plays on Sunday.
I’m quietly confident he will come up with a big game and help lead us to victory.

for 550k we don't need a 9 at that price, we have TDS
Sullivan was a panic buy when Brooks left and they were not sure we would land Luai, they panicked and signed Sullivan as back up in case fainunand Galvin didn't cut it.
Sullivan is surplus to requirements at 550k

Even if he plays well this weekend, he'll be an expensive headache.
$500,000 is like $350,000 we it’s the salary cap increase. It’s not as much as it use to be and looks bad, but it’s not really. Look we are 4 rounds in and using bud more than once, u don’t know how injuries go and when they’ll come. I am happy to carry him him for at least another season with Luai, then make a call after that. People forget do quickly that one of the main reasons last season we went so crap was halves depth!!

He didn't rip in a few weeks ago when we played em in the trial....

With the suspension and injuries, we're weakened.
Starting Seyfarth against St. George after the way they targeted him, and rag dolled him in the trial is my biggest concern.
I'm going against the tide with this but I thought Bud did some good things last week. A bit of deft ballwork and he finally took the line on and was rewarded with a linebreak.
I'm hopeful of him building on that this week.

$500,000 is like $350,000 we it’s the salary cap increase. It’s not as much as it use to be and looks bad, but it’s not really. Look we are 4 rounds in and using bud more than once, u don’t know how injuries go and when they’ll come. I am happy to carry him him for at least another season with Luai, then make a call after that. People forget do quickly that one of the main reasons last season we went so crap was halves depth!!
Absolutely and you're right. I will be happy when Bud finds his spot with us, I'm just not sure it will be in the halves.

He is a utility or depth at best. His effort plays are poor especially in defence, can’t read a game and haven’t seen him really threaten a line or create a line break, tried the same thing several times and was never able to break the lines against the flippers. Have seen him flat footed and ball watching, example dolphins first try, imo he moves with the play and he is a lot closer to make the tackle.
maybe I’m being harsh, it’s only been a few games.

He is a utility or depth at best. His effort plays are poor especially in defence, can’t read a game and haven’t seen him really threaten a line or create a line break, tried the same thing several times and was never able to break the lines against the flippers. Have seen him flat footed and ball watching, example dolphins first try, imo he moves with the play and he is a lot closer to make the tackle.
maybe I’m being harsh, it’s only been a few games.
This weekend will be the test. However I can see him at 9, and you could not get two better teachers than Robbie and Api.

This weekend will be the test. However I can see him at 9, and you could not get two better teachers than Robbie and Api.
I hope so, but I don’t see him as a nine. I think he will stall our attack.

Sullivan was a panic buy when Brooks left and they were not sure we would land Luai, they panicked and signed Sullivan as back up in case fainunand Galvin didn't cut it.
I don't even feel Luai was on the radar to land.
Which ofcourse goes to our recruitment and strategy, why weren't we thinking who's on the radar?

Our biggest blunder, Adam Reynolds was on the radar to exit souths. Madge was our coach... Why dinnit we put feelers out?

That said, this situation makes sense. We had Fainu signed and that was it.
No Sezer, No Luai.

Take those two out, then Sullivan makes sense. Ofcourse people should have seen Galvin on the radar, but guys like galvin are a coin toss if they make first grade (been on this forum too long, so SO MUCH HYPE).

I don't even feel Luai was on the radar to land.
Which ofcourse goes to our recruitment and strategy, why weren't we thinking who's on the radar?

Our biggest blunder, Adam Reynolds was on the radar to exit souths. Madge was our coach... Why dinnit we put feelers out?

That said, this situation makes sense. We had Fainu signed and that was it.
No Sezer, No Luai.

Take those two out, then Sullivan makes sense. Ofcourse people should have seen Galvin on the radar, but guys like galvin are a coin toss if they make first grade (been on this forum too long, so SO MUCH HYPE).
In regards to Adam Reynolds there were rumours that him and Madge had a big falling out during towards the end of his run as Souths coach. If that’s true we wouldn’t have landed Reynolds anyway, plus we still had Brooks so the club didn’t feel the need to go looking for a 7 since they felt he was one.

I wouldn’t call it panic ! That’s really dismissive of the fact we didn’t have luai , we didn’t have Fainu , Galvin hadn’t even dominated the schoolboy cup with wests fields and NSW , and we had a Fulton proposition of Schuster and cogger halves pairing this year . Yuck …. But even that was pie in sky .

We should be able to easily shop him around for 2025 +...He is a halfback and so many clubs need a halfback....Titans, Dogs, Dragons...to name a few

Starting Seyfarth against St. George after the way they targeted him, and rag dolled him in the trial is my biggest concern.
moving him out of the middle should make things a little easier as he will really only be tracking Flanagan. Sezer has been defending on the left with Galvin out so Seyfarth won't be required to play bodyguard.

Latest posts

Members online

Back