15. Zakauri Clarke
16. John Tuipulotu
17. Metuisela Taungatua

18. Herman Tofaeono
19. Jordan Miller
Coach: Leon Latulipe

INS: Luke Laulilii, Kyle King, Chris Faagutu, Brandon Tumeth

OUTS: Joseph Jaber, William Malloy, Herman Tofaeono, Tristyn Ball
I thought Zak Clarke had a good game and now he’s dropped to the bench for Tumeth, who is “in weaker class”, fair enough, but they can’t find a spot for Zak? He can play 5/8 to can’t he?

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 5 vs. Storm

Saturday, April 6 - 2:00 p.m. AEDT
Seabrook Reserve, Broadmeadows

WESTS TIGERS

1. Luke Laulilii
2. Faaletino Tavana
3. Solomone Saukuru
4. Fangavalu Hammond
5. Brenden Naicori
6. Kyle King
7. Naati Teaupa
8. Vaka Aho
9. Kobie Wilson (c)
10. Chris Faagutu
11. Lachlan Broederlow
12. Brandon Tumeth
13. Cayne Nicholas

14. Thomas Fisher
15. Zakauri Clarke
16. John Tuipulotu
17. Metuisela Taungatua

18. Herman Tofaeono
19. Jordan Miller
Coach: Leon Latulipe

INS: Luke Laulilii, Kyle King, Chris Faagutu, Brandon Tumeth

OUTS: Joseph Jaber, William Malloy, Herman Tofaeono, Tristyn Ball
How good to see Luke Laulili'i moved up immediately from SG Ball once their season finished. Will be heaps better for his development. Hope Jordan Miller gets some reps in Flegg soon too.

I thought Zak Clarke had a good game and now he’s dropped to the bench for Tumeth, who is “in weaker class”, fair enough, but they can’t find a spot for Zak? He can play 5/8 to can’t he?
Tumeth is only one year older and has trained with the NRL squad for three years.

Clarke has never trained with the NRL squad.

Tumeth evidently rated higher.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Tumeth is only one year older and has trained with the NRL squad for three years.

Clarke has never trained with the NRL squad.

Tumeth evidently rated higher.
Yeah that bit i get, Tumeth has come back to a weaker class so he is gunna get the nod. But hasn’t Zak been going better than most others and, I thought I’d read he’s played 5/8, and (unless TBC is the name of one of Elons kids), then I am pretty sure 5/8 is available?
Anyway they don’t make it easy for someone who’s not in the know, to get in the know. You know?

Yeah that bit i get, Tumeth has come back to a weaker class so he is gunna get the nod. But hasn’t Zak been going better than most others and, I thought I’d read he’s played 5/8, and (unless TBC is the name of one of Elons kids), then I am pretty sure 5/8 is available?
Anyway they don’t make it easy for someone who’s not in the know, to get in the know. You know?
If Tumeth wasn't on an nrl contract Clarke would most definitely be picked ahead of him imo. Tumeth should be in NSW cup in any case. He's miles ahead of someone like Vaihu. Our back row in cup is abysmal. We have zero depth. Let our kids play and develop in Flegg, Tumeth hasn't developed in the past couple of years, we need the next gen to get their chance.

If Tumeth wasn't on an nrl contract Clarke would most definitely be picked ahead of him imo. Tumeth should be in NSW cup in any case. He's miles ahead of someone like Vaihu. Our back row in cup is abysmal. We have zero depth. Let our kids play and develop in Flegg, Tumeth hasn't developed in the past couple of years, we need the next gen to get their chance.
Vaihu blocking either of their paths is a mystery.

He helped win the trial vs The Worriers
He was on the spot to score that try yep but he struggled immensely last week vs Parra in Cup. Tries hard but really he's too slow for centre, too small for back row. In 4-5 years he may develop when he fills out into a very good Cup player who ends up playing a handful of first grade games for a club at the bottom of the ladder, a Watson Heleta type for mine

How did the likes of Miller, Faagutu and Saukuru go?
The boys went well today. Most of the footy was played in our half today. They were a bit unlucky with some of the calls today, Storm got all the 50/50 calls but we didn't capitalise on the opportunities we had to get back in the game. We dropped the ball twice or three times in their 20m zone which killed our momentum and our FB dropped two balls in our own 20m zone which Storm capitalised on and scored off.

It was a hard fought game between our middles and theirs esp in defence. Our left edge got caught out which led to majority of their tries.

Forwards: Faagutu, Nicholas, Clarke & Herman, Broederlow solid to start the game in both attack and defence. Bench boys in Taungatua, Tuitupou, Fisher, Miller came and had impact on the game.

Miller needs more game time to get with the Flegg boys

Backs: Saukuru great in attack but him and his winger kept getting caught out which led to storm tries. Junior Wright great in attack and defence. FB was good apart from the 2 unforced errors from him.

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 6 vs. Dragons

Saturday, April 13 - 12:00 p.m. AEST
Lidcombe Oval, Sydney

WESTS TIGERS

1. Faaletino Tavana
2. Brenden Naicori
3. Solomone Saukuru
4. Fangavalu Hammond
5. Matthew Curl
6. Naati Teaupa
7. Kyle King
8. Metuisela Taungatua