Justin Olam #281

I want to make a fan page. Like Tacky did of Chee-kam...

I kinda feel it's a little obvious as Justin is a top shelf player. But we had people saying we shouldn't sign him on $450k... I had no idea what they were thinking.

Guy is EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED. A GUN center, A tough Center. Loved watching him at Melbourne and love watching him play here.

Admins, Mods and Bored Russian hackers. Any objections to making a fan page?

Bring it OLAM.
No all hail Blore! Can’t lose him.

What idiots were the people saying that.

This what I do when someone mentions such a dumb statement.

Lobb has been very ordinary in KOE this year so far, defensively been terrible. We haven’t shown any indication to kick to the wings so Lobb benefits are wasted in our game plan.

Naden is no better than Staines, at least Staines can defend.
It's early days but I thought Lobb looked like a good option in our trials. If we can add a corner kicking game to our bag of tricks, we'll be better for it.

It's early days but I thought Lobb looked like a good option in our trials. If we can add a corner kicking game to our bag of tricks, we'll be better for it.

In the very limited time in the trials against reserve and younger players he looked good.

In the extended time he has had in the last 2 KOE games he hasn’t.

No all hail Blore! Can’t lose him.

What idiots were the people saying that.

This what I do when someone mentions such a dumb statement.

Everyone has an opinion.
You’ve had plenty of dumb statements in the past, so I hope you look in the mirror and watch ya little link. 👍🏻

We should all look in the mirror from time to time. Not at our hair or face. Into our eyes... the window of our soul.... its uncomfortable I get it, just the work has to be done.....soul searching.....

Reactions: BZN
View attachment 11271
The mythology around Bellamy that he always makes the right decisions has been proven wrong time and time again...

Case in point:

1712158057398.png

Reality is that Frank Ponissi manages the roster and he has always had elite talent spotters and recruitment staff (going back to the disgraced Peter O'Sullivan - now at Redcliffe)

I personally cannot understand that any regular watcher and genuine rugby league fan could not see that Olam was exactly what we needed!

I saw the tackle live where Haumole smashed him last year (it was Jake Turbo technique - bending the back and leading with the shoulder but in Haumole's body) and was the best shot I'd EVER seen Olam cop.

Some people suggested that was when he lost his mojo & he was now busted - rather than just cope with the fact he had a knee injury and was undercooked when recalled to the side...

Those people clearly also have NEVER known anyone from PNG!

The physicality and competitve spirit is part of their make-up as people!

And Olam is also highly educated, intelligent, articulate (qualities of a leader) + he only debuted in the NRL at the age of 25 because he was too busy at University in Qld to pursue league FT as a career!

He may be 30 now - but his body has benefited from the late start to his career - and it was just naive to write him off!

Still love ya Tito.

JYD 4 EVA!!!
That's what a like

Friendly ribbing and none of these damn flame wars/endless messages/etc.

Man I still can't get over the start of Olam for us. He has been just electric and able to really move off Api's momentium.

You see how we are able to hold our line with Olam adding so much extra beef to the backline....

No miracles, but Olam is exactly what we needed.

He's started out great, but it's too early to say he's a great buy. I want to see how his body gets through the rest of the season. We have him for 2 more years after this and I don't trust Melbourne.

He's started out great, but it's too early to say he's a great buy. I want to see how his body gets through the rest of the season. We have him for 2 more years after this and I don't trust Melbourne.
All it takes is a couple losses and him not doing much and the tide will turn.

Back