Lachlan Galvin #277

My mate at work knows Galvin's family pretty well hence I mentioned last week about Moses and as weidler is reporting he already asked questions early in the year.

Galvin will be in demand at the end of the next contract, Moses ain't stupid
Why suggest the Roosters as the likely destination though given Politis fell out with Moses over the Suaali rugby deal?

Moses will undoubtedly want Galvin to test the market rather than extend - but he has more influence over several rosters/coaches including Parra, Manly, Broncos ... than he does at the Roosters currently.

Why suggest the Roosters as the likely destination though given Politis fell out with Moses over the Suaali rugby deal?

Moses will undoubtedly want Galvin to test the market rather than extend - but he has more influence over several rosters/coaches including Parra, Manly, Broncos ... than he does at the Roosters currently.
mate i didn't suggest Galvin to the Roosters.... that was the poster who said I said that and he was incorrect and trying to be a smart arse not Chad all cool there, but the smarty after that who chimed in calling me out claiming I said bula was going to Roosters.

I did suggest Stefano to the Roosters

Last edited:
If we are winning games and are true contenders to a title or build the proverbial “dynasty“ then not only will players want to stay new ones will want to come.
Agreed. Him staying partially comes down to the shape we’re in.

Reactions: TCL
Agreed. Him staying partially comes down to the shape we’re in.
Winning helps retain most of our top players. Given his manager has tried to get him released already following signing Latu and Luai, I'd say moving him from the halves might be tricky if he wants to be a 6.

If he moves to the back row it probably won't be for a couple of years if at all so nothing to worry about for now.

You can’t worry about things you have no control over like will Galvin re sign. As club you have to concentrate on the things you can control and the other things tend to fall into place. Create a successful club with a happy environment and the brown paper bag offers are less tempting. As Penrith and Melbourne have found, winning comes at a cost and the salary cap forces you to shed players. Anyway we have Galvin contracted for a couple more years, so there is breathing space

Really? The people that were there when Moses vowed to bring the club to it's knees are gone ( namely Pascoe) If we keep winning, Lachy gets what he's worth along the way, and the club isn't the basket case it previously was, he won't move him on.
Wow. Moses actually said that did he?
And here I am, can't stand him and I didn't know he had said that, or I've forgotten.
Simple...I can't stand him twice as much now :ROFLMAO:.

I love that he talks up Benji at every opportunity he gets. Could help with retention and recruiting so much more in the future with young guns.
I find it Very hard to come to terms with our current player situation.
We came last in the 2 proceeding seasons meaning we had a pretty crap team or coach or club or the whole 3.
Now here we are debating which current really good player we will need to dispose of in some way next year.
I don't envy Richo's or Benji's job in having to make decisions like that :eek:.

Last edited:
mate call you.on that one, I never said that so bs from you there...

Stefano hasn't resigned here yet so I may not be wrong there

sad thing is if I'm right re Galvin. time will tell really hope i am wrong.
Yeh...I think @The Chad was very unfair in the way he worded his initial post, saying it was a poster.
So, you immediately presume it was a poster on the WTF.
Then he throws more fuel on the fire by refusing to say who the poster was, when he could have ended the speculation there and then.
But no, he drags it out to a 3rd post before he reveals "to be fair, his surname IS Anasta".
I reckon you were Very Unfair Chad.

Yeh...I think @The Chad was very unfair in the way he worded his initial post, saying it was a poster.
So, you immediately presume it was a poster on the WTF.
Then he throws more fuel on the fire by refusing to say who the poster was, when he could have ended the speculation there and then.
But no, he drags it out to a 3rd post before he reveals "to be fair, his surname IS Anasta".
I reckon you were Very Unfair Chad.
Fair enough.

I just hope that "Negative Nancy' knows I was just poking fun.

I thought maybe the reference to Chicken Little & Keyboard Hero might have indicated I was having a bit of a laugh, but I guess not.

Now, to be fair- you could have just ignored it all, instead of being Nosey Parker from around the corner...

I find it Very hard to come to terms with our current player situation.
We came last in the 2 proceeding seasons meaning we had a pretty crap team or coach or club or the whole 3.
Now here we are debating which current really good player we will need to dispose of in some way next year.
I don't envy Richo's or Benji's job in having to make decisions like that :eek:.
It really is crazy, people have short memories...someone mentioned were going to create a dynasty (after 2 Ws on the trot)
Players are coming and going all the time by the time we need to be concerned with all this so much will have changed and the situations almost odds on will be very very different

Winning helps retain most of our top players. Given his manager has tried to get him released already following signing Latu and Luai, I'd say moving him from the halves might be tricky if he wants to be a 6.

If he moves to the back row it probably won't be for a couple of years if at all so nothing to worry about for now.
yea, and even just winning semi regularly.

We saw how 4 halves in Hastings/Crossland/gamble/etc all were hanging around Newcastle. Ofcourse the Andrew Johns factor helped... They wanted to play and wanted to play together.

Yet I look at both Galvin and Fainu, they are going to want real coin. Sullivan too is probably wanting more then his 500k, but maybe he would he happy being a backup half if the playing group is really good.

How we keep Fainu and Galvin is the big question. Unless one moves to lock, we will likely loose one.

Latest posts

Members online

Back