Luke Brooks #167

The 6 / 7 stuff these days is Hogwash....
Most do a similar job on different sides of the field.
Benji never played with a dominant 7 past 2006 and we did OK (Sometimes)
Guys like Maloney, Keary, Hughes, Johnson - all more of a 6 Type dominant Runner who can kick....

There's very few old school on field Generals left to be fair...
Reynolds, Townsend (Even though he's puss), Hunt yo could argue...
Cleary Obviously
People will say Moses, But most of the Orders at Parra come from Gutho...
Similar at Manly....

Interesting to hear Gus comment from Beaver Menzies how Brooks has been
Vocal and helping with the organisation at Manly... (Who'd have thought)

I think a half is a half these days, They play the right way - In the right team...
They'll get he job done.

Just evolution I guess, A Bit like AFL.... In the old days,
There was a couple onballers - Now it seems everyone is an onballer.
Agree, quality teams have at least 3 or 4 players who know the drill, know the game plan, and keep the rest on track. We tried fastrack replicating that with our 5 captains, only to find it’s something that is born from the organisation’s culture.

If Brooks continues to impress, I wonder if Luai starts shifting bricks. Probably not, but a successful season for Brooks and a poor season for us would prove once and for all its the club, not the player. And is Luai really a halfback? Are we going to spend another half a dozen years trying to turn a 6 into a 7? Given our years and years of failure, it would be foolish to brush off these possibilities.
Doubtful, he's done it all.

We persisted with Brooks for 11 years. He'll be able to stink it up for five without issue.

Its good to see Brooks playing well, but it is an excellent team.
Not the same pressure on him (yet), hes not the big name that squad, hes not a local junior, and he doesn't have to try too hard with that backline.
He is making manly less hateable at the moment, which is disappointing.

Haha, nice SidetalkNYC reference in your sig.

Bing Bong! Miami is the city of rental cars and plastic surgeons!

Mate you watch the last 20 minutes of the game yesterday Brooks went missing while DCE managed the game completely. Kicked a field goal to make it 21-14 & was kicking to corners to see the game out.
Brooks will always look good in a team that’s winning whether he contributes a lot or a little. He‘s not the playmaker, he’s just playing his part. His mistakes were glaring while he played with us because we lost all the time.

The 6 / 7 stuff these days is Hogwash....
Most do a similar job on different sides of the field.
Benji never played with a dominant 7 past 2006 and we did OK (Sometimes)
Guys like Maloney, Keary, Hughes, Johnson - all more of a 6 Type dominant Runner who can kick....

There's very few old school on field Generals left to be fair...
Reynolds, Townsend (Even though he's puss), Hunt yo could argue...
Cleary Obviously
People will say Moses, But most of the Orders at Parra come from Gutho...
Similar at Manly....

Interesting to hear Gus comment from Beaver Menzies how Brooks has been
Vocal and helping with the organisation at Manly... (Who'd have thought)

I think a half is a half these days, They play the right way - In the right team...
They'll get he job done.

Just evolution I guess, A Bit like AFL.... In the old days,
There was a couple onballers - Now it seems everyone is an onballer.
It’s about knowing your role and when to pull the trigger. The game on the weekend was very positive for Manly. All Brooksy first half then DCE put the team on his back in the final quarter. Maturity from both players to play second fiddle within the state of the game. As others have said it sucks a bit to not hate Manly but they are going to be a good watch.

Agree, quality teams have at least 3 or 4 players who know the drill, know the game plan, and keep the rest on track. We tried fastrack replicating that with our 5 captains, only to find it’s something that is born from the organisation’s culture.
Kenny maumalo 😂

It’s about knowing your role and when to pull the trigger. The game on the weekend was very positive for Manly. All Brooksy first half then DCE put the team on his back in the final quarter. Maturity from both players to play second fiddle within the state of the game. As others have said it sucks a bit to not hate Manly but they are going to be a good watch.
Translation.
The downhill skier was all good when there was no pressure on but as soon as things got tight, so did he.
If you want to shake your pom poms for Manly filth I believe they have their own forum.

Should be a cracker of a game. If Brooks can give the lightning quick Koula a little more space Eels will have their hands full.
Not a lot being said about Manlys forward pack but crikey they’ve been doing a great job. Paseka, Olakau’atu in particular and Brown off the bench really giving DCE and Brooks some time.

Galvin has showed more in his 2 games than what Brooks has his entire career, and that includes his 1 good game on debut.
Thats absolute tripe ….. this thread …. It’s litterally filled with dudes who are behaving like brooksy was thier ex girlfriend …
“She wasn’t even hot! I was totally slumming it . My new girlfriend is soo much hotter “ …. Haha
Just close the thread .

Latest posts

Members online

Back