Maguire Signs Until End of 2023

hammertime

To me, his recruitment and what he achieved last year with an average squad has shown the guy knows what he is doing.

If we leave his extension too late and all this translates to success, he may have clubs knocking down his door.

Should we extend madge now? I want to see this stability and growth continue.

Thoughts? It's a big yes from me.

As Jack Gibson said it all starts with the front office Madge signed until the end of 2021 it may not be a bad idea to extend him after a few rounds into this season

Yeah give him 8-10 rounds. If it's patently obvious things are going right earlier than that then lock him down earlier.

Or we could have some vision that he's doing the right things for success and avoid the media speculation that is bound to pop up if we win a few on the trott.

Team with new players will need time to gel
I would be prepared to wait till the end of the season to see how we go before we make an offer
If we have a fantastic year then a big contract would be warranted (time wise)
A finals appearance would be an automatic re signing

I’d give him an extension he has brought all these young guns to the tigers he deserves to coach them into the future

I'd have no problems with that as I see him as a long term coach here but probably wise for both sides to leave that till later in the season.

I'd extend him now. Its a vote of confidence and reward for good recruitment. It shows we have confidence in him for his own security but more importantly for the players, new and old.

Also critically we could probably extend him now for less than later in the year assuming we are successful.

Lol
A lot of pop guns going off early with a few new signings ...
What’s the rush ?
Plenty of time !

@hobbo1 said in [Do we extend Madge now?](/post/1110090) said:
Lol
What’s the rush ?
Plenty of time !

He's just resigned and upgraded about 8
In first grade and 10 in lower grades.
The guys would want him sticking around
mentoring them and to debut under him.

Edit: can't underrate the security aspect
For younger players & guys transferred

There’s no rush. He’ll want to stay with what he is building especially if it starts coming together well. Why would he want to build a team and improve club culture just to move on before it’s completed?

@Ponyo said in [Do we extend Madge now?](/post/1110095) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Do we extend Madge now?](/post/1110090) said:
Lol
What’s the rush ?
Plenty of time !

He's just resigned and upgraded about 8
In first grade and 10 in lower grades.
The guys would want him sticking around
mentoring them and to debut under him.

Where would he go anyway?
Pretty much every team in the comp has a coach that’s only been in power for less than 2 seasons .

And what if we’re say 2/10 at the start of next year ?

Too many young jocks popping there corks too early me thinks !

Back