Michael Carayannis

It’s called respect. I’m sure if we knew your real name you wouldn’t appreciate it being misspelled.
My surnames constantly mispelled and mis pronounced. I couldn't care less. No one is perfect. There are people who have Aphasia or Dyslexia who can't help it.

My surnames constantly mispelled and mis pronounced. I couldn't care less. No one is perfect. There are people who have Aphasia or Dyslexia who can't help it.
My name is misspelled and mispronounced all the time and it drives me crazy! Especially if I've corrected you, and you still do it. I think it's rude 😕

My name is misspelled and mispronounced all the time and it drives me crazy! Especially if I've corrected you, and you still do it. I think it's rude 😕
If people have a condition that they can't control, what are they to do.

If people have a condition that they can't control, what are they to do.
I cut them some slack. But I do think, if you are nuerotypical, educated to a year 6 level or higher, and I say, "my name's not Susan, it's Suzanne, but I'd prefer you call me Sue or Suze" and they continue to call me "Susan", then, that's just rude.

I cut them some slack. But I do think, if you are nuerotypical, educated to a year 6 level or higher, and I say, "my name's not Susan, it's Suzanne, but I'd prefer you call me Sue or Suze" and they continue to call me "Susan", then, that's just rude.
Personally I just figure with everything going on in the world and people's lives, they're constantly butchering mine, I can understand why. It's not really a big priority for them. Each they're own.

Reactions: BZN
When I go somewhere that needs my name etc. I have to warn the person my Surname is a 4-letter word which causes all sorts of reactions, but luckily mostly humorous.
But gees, if I didn't have spell check on my laptop, you'd be seeing quite a few spelling and grammatical errors.
I like what you did with mispelled and mis pronounced btw.

I also have a grape Leck

I have a grape as well Leck ;) .
When posting on an online forum (with resources readily available on the same device/portal used for posting to confirm players names/spelling) it is either too lazy or disrespectful to bother to check before posting...

That sort of laziness & lack of cultural awareness is also why in the 70-90s every second player of Pacifika origin player was signed up to their juniors as Junior or Semi...

And why your local Milk Bar owner or Fruito was typically George - Nick or Chris...

Let's not perpetuate it in 2024!

PS @AmericanHistoryX

1713449305919.png

It’s called respect. I’m sure if we knew your real name you wouldn’t appreciate it being misspelled.
Yes... probably wouldn't sleep for weeks..... when they start winning trust me... they will garner more respect..... but in saying that I hear you..... but at least I got his gender correct....

Reactions: BZN
A sewer - BUT I am not 10 years old and remember when there was proper RL journalism....

The current state of the media doesn't give this slimey dope a pass!

He is a fantasist with nothing to offer!
The result of this original speculation is that NOW everyone is regurgitating it as FACT!!

Tallis last night in the pre-game show literally said:

"now the Panthers are targeting Stefano...."

There is no direct quote from the Panthers to confirm that he is on their radar - OR even an "unnamed source speaking on the terms of confidentialty" which is the usual fall-back clause for any sub-par pseudo-journalist making claims on behalf of a club!

This is the Murdoch media form of Chinese whispers whereby an entirely concocted and unsubstantiated piece of supposition becomes FACT due to parasites regurgitating their competitors in the broader media narrative...

This is genuinely FAKE NEWS!

But in a world where social media engagement metrics are a KPI - standards of truth or fair comment are optional in RL journalism

Benji did well here to shut it up - and we know Richo won't be backwards if any club were to make an approach against the poaching rules.

Last edited:
The result of this original speculation is that NOW everyone is regurgitating it as FACT!!

Tallis last night in the pre-game show literally said:

"now the Panthers are targeting Stefano...."

There is no direct quote from the Panthers to confirm that he is on their radar - OR even an "unnamed source speaking on the terms of confidentialty" which is the usual fall-back clause for any sub-par pseudo-journalist making claims on behalf of a club!

This is the Murdoch media form of Chinese whispers whereby an entirely concocted and unsubstantiated piece of supposition becomes FACT due to parasites regurgitating their competitors in the broader media narrative...

This is genuinely FAKE NEWS!

But in a world where social media engagement metrics are a KPI - standards of truth or fair comment are optional in RL journalism

Benji did well here to shut it up - and we know Richo won't be backwards if any club were to make an approach against the poaching rules.

There is nothing stopping any club telling Stefanos manager that they are extremely ‘interested’ in him. And they round sign him if he was available. As long as they don’t mention money. But they could say ‘we have $800,000 available for a good front rower for three years if one becomes available any time soon’ to Stefano’s manager. As this is a general statement nothing the NRL can do.

Latest posts

Back