Monumental time for the tigers and their fans

Year_of_the_Tiger

For those of you who know our joint venture history, you will recall where we came from. Zot, nada, nothing.

5 years on we won a premiership.

5 years on we should have one another one or two. But 2010 and 211 we were still great.

Sad to say the 5 year rule hasn't worked out this year and it's been a lull. And this is no fun.

Many will say we haven't made the finals enough and I agree. But those die hard as among us bleed wests tigers and our time will come again.

It's easy to look back at what might have been, but our 'big 3' have moved on, and so should we.

I don't care who runs out next year or in 2018, I will be at games and give up weekends to watch every game. I know like every real fan that there is always a chance.

We have a good man who wants the right people on the bus. For those of you in business you know what this means.

No more pulling punches, no more flash in the pan. Let's get tough.

Once the dust has settled, we have a clean slate. We have the opportunity to create something new. How exciting is that?!

The news media is designed to get reactions from us fans. Stop giving them fuel. It is what it is. And at the end of the day we have a club, a solid coach, a war chest and die hard fans who will support this team (as will their kids and mine) till the day they die.

Have faith wests tigers fans (and forum members) there are rocky roads ahead … but from great hardship and trials (and much hard work and dedication) comes the spoils.

I for one am excited.

Don't lose heart or sleep. The whistle will blow on Sunday and the same goose bumps will arrive. The game goes on and so does our great club. You the fans are the most important voice. Don't lose it. You won't. And you will be rewarded in time.

I wish the players would have the same passion as us fans! Not all but most don't.

@ said:
For those of you who know our joint venture history, you will recall where we came from. Zot, nada, nothing.

5 years on we should have one another one or two. But 2010 and 211 we were still great.

Sad to say the 5 year rule hasn't worked out this year and it's been a lull. And this is no fun.

Many will say we haven't made the finals enough and I agree. But those die hard as among us bleed wests tigers and our time will come again.

It's easy to look back at what might have been, but our 'big 3' have moved on, and so should we.

I don't care who runs out next year or in 2018, I will be at games and give up weekends to watch every game. I know like every real fan that there is always a chance.

We have a good man who wants the right people on the bus. For those of you in business you know what this means.

Once the dust has settled, we have a clean slate. We have the opportunity to create something new. How exciting is that?!

The news media is designed to get reactions from us fans. Stop giving them fuel. It is what it is. And at the end of the day we have a club, a solid coach, a war chest and die hard fans who will support this team (as will their kids and mine) till the day they die.

Have faith wests tigers fans (and forum members) there are rocky roads ahead … but from great hardship and trials (and much hard work and dedication) comes the spoils.

I for one am excited.

Don't lose heart or sleep. The whistle will blow on Sunday and the same goose bumps will arrive. The game goes on and so does our great club. You the fans are the most important voice. Don't lose it. You won't. And you will be rewarded in time.

Nicely said, I'm excited too as I have faith in Ivan and I like the idea of us finally having some money to spend.

@ said:

I for one am excited.

Brilliant post…. Bravo!!!!. Like all the direhard fans on here I have been in this forum posting my thoughts way too often over the last week...like many I'm gutted and disgusted at the outcome of the big 3 but more so how they have treated the club, fans members with such disrespect... I will not be going to sit in my gold seats on Sunday as it's too painful, but I will be back on the bus next week!.... :sign: I just can't stop following and supporting this team no matter what... our future will be bright with Cleary in charge and virtually the whole cap to recruit players who want to make a difference not just be there for the ride... :sign: :sign: :sign:

Yes good thread.

The mainstream media doesn't sell papers for the news anymore. I'm sure most of the telegraph sales are from people who like their sport, and they use hysteria to try and hold on to this like the final maggots, emerging starved from a rotten carcass.

The second benefit of this, online it translate into clickbait. This in turn means other sites like triple m and fox sports can develop their own content as their experts make up "facts" based on the Telegaphs "facts".

The really scary thing is that this is their business model when reporting on news, politics and war too. Try to always read things through this lens.

@ said:
@ said:

I for one am excited.

Brilliant post…. Bravo!!!!. Like all the direhard fans on here I have been in this forum posting my thoughts way too often over the last week...like many I'm gutted and disgusted at the outcome of the big 3 but more so how they have treated the club, fans members with such disrespect... I will not be going to sit in my gold seats on Sunday as it's too painful, but I will be back on the bus next week!.... :sign: I just can't stop following and supporting this team no matter what... our future will be bright with Cleary in charge and virtually the whole cap to recruit players who want to make a difference not just be there for the ride... :sign: :sign: :sign:

Hear hear!

@ said:
@ said:

I for one am excited.

Hear hear!

I'm as die-hard a Wests Tigers fan as you can get but,it took a while for me to get to that level. The first Tigers game I remember watching as a fan was the 2005 grand final and then after that I would be up and down with how much attention I gave to the Tigers until the 2014 season. Now I look at the team list every week, I watch every press conference and I watch every minute of every game win, lose or draw. I think that adversity breeds passion and going through all of the hard times will make the good times all the better. I won't stop supporting the Tigers anytime soon.

@ said:
I'm as die-hard a Wests Tigers fan as you can get but,it took a while for me to get to that level. The first Tigers game I remember watching as a fan was the 2005 grand final and then after that I would be up and down with how much attention I gave to the Tigers until the 2014 season. Now I look at the team list every week, I watch every press conference and I watch every minute of every game win, lose or draw. I think that adversity breeds passion and going through all of the hard times will make the good times all the better. I won't stop supporting the Tigers anytime soon.

And really it is not like a prison sentence. People don't want to support the team - then don't. And as someone who followed the team long before 2005 - You are absolutely right. There were games we won against old rivals that paid back years of heartache. And boy it felt good.

It is one of the reasons the final against the Dragons that year rates so highly with the fans –-- Payback with interest!!!!!!

Josh Addo-Carr loves the tigers.
I heard Rankin and his mum do too.
& Ryan James, also loves the tigers.

@ said:
Yes good thread.

The mainstream media doesn't sell papers for the news anymore. I'm sure most of the telegraph sales are from people who like their sport, and they use hysteria to try and hold on to this like the final maggots, emerging starved from a rotten carcass.

The second benefit of this, online it translate into clickbait. This in turn means other sites like triple m and fox sports can develop their own content as their experts make up "facts" based on the Telegaphs "facts".

The really scary thing is that this is their business model when reporting on news, politics and war too. Try to always read things through this lens.

Telegraph hasnt reported accurate 'news' for almost 40 years since Murdoch bought it.Now it is all agenda.SMH is better but not perfect.

@ said:
Josh Addo-Carr loves the tigers.
I heard Rankin and his mum do too.
& Ryan James, also loves the tigers.

Aaron Woods loves dogs. Perhaps not as much as Mitchell Pearce and Joel Monaghan, but loves dogs so much he is determined to be one.

Back