Moving forward

Halbrowne61

Greetings all, at 70 years age, and after 60, yes 60, years as a loyal Tigers supporter I felt inclined to join the chorus.
Like everyone on here, I was gutted by Sundays result, especially after the boys showed real fight to claw back into the game after Holmes fg. The result of course was wrong and distressing.
However, I thought Ben Gardiner summed it best when he said that we could waste a lot of energy and emotion on what happened, or address the key issue- can we back it up in the coming weeks!
Anyone can see, by our recent results, we are improving but whatever happens in the coming days, I hope that we use it to build further on what we are doing.
Oldies like me like to say onward and upward.
Let’s do it again v Broncos.

Welcome to the forum.

Hope we see more of you and we can discuss more wins than losses moving forward..

Onward and upwards 🔥
"Damn the torpedoes, full stem ahead!" Rear Admiral David Glasgow Farragut during the Battle of Mobile Bay

Greetings all, at 70 years age, and after 60, yes 60, years as a loyal Tigers supporter I felt inclined to join the chorus.
Like everyone on here, I was gutted by Sundays result, especially after the boys showed real fight to claw back into the game after Holmes fg. The result of course was wrong and distressing.
However, I thought Ben Gardiner summed it best when he said that we could waste a lot of energy and emotion on what happened, or address the key issue- can we back it up in the coming weeks!
Anyone can see, by our recent results, we are improving but whatever happens in the coming days, I hope that we use it to build further on what we are doing.
Welcome mate!

Like your your positive attitude but for me I don’t think I can watch another nrl game. Definition of insanity

Welcome,i do remember your username when he played.He was a good solid player (i even used to have his card from the bubblegum packets)

Welcome mate!

Like your your positive attitude but for me I don’t think I can watch another nrl game. Definition of insanity
Understand you’re hurting and disillusioned right now but we need all hands on deck so forget what’s happened and come with us all, coz there’s better days ahead.
Mate. I lived through 61,64,66 gf losses but then the 69 win, the disappointing 70s and early 80’s. The claw back in 88 and 89, how gutting were those losses.
From then to 05 not a lot of joy. But Tigers stick so identify the, hopefully, good things to come with like minded Tigers.
“ Hey up the Tigers, wearing black and gold, stout hearted men, and women, we’ll never fold”
Or in modern terms look into the Eye of the Tiger.
Cheers brother !

Welcome,i do remember your username when he played.He was a good solid player (i even used to have his card from the bubblegum packets)
Yes, he was a lanky centre, and became a favourite of mine. Played in the centres with a QLD lad called Kevin Yow Yeh, who could dazzle and infuriate in the same game.
Can’t completely live in the past but those were my boyhood heroes, along with Bobby Boland, Georgie Piper and then Artie, of course.

Yes, he was a lanky centre, and became a favourite of mine. Played in the centres with a QLD lad called Kevin Yow Yeh, who could dazzle and infuriate in the same game.
Can’t completely live in the past but those were my boyhood heroes, along with Bobby Boland, Georgie Piper and then Artie, of course.
All good players although i think Yow Yeh died in jail in Queensland.That was all in the days when Leichhardt Oval ran East/West and you never wanted the team to be running into a setting sun after half time

All good players although i think Yow Yeh died in jail in Queensland.That was all in the days when Leichhardt Oval ran East/West and you never wanted the team to be running into a setting sun after half time
Yes, I saw played there in those days. And watched Golden Boots, Keith Barnes kick us to many victories.
Yes Kevin did die in jail and of course Georgie died when he fell ( or was piushed) down the stairs of the old Codocks Club in Balmain.
Of course, on occasion also went to Prattern Park to watch the Maggie’s.
Anyway my biggest regret is that I now live interstate and only see the Tigers on telly.

Yes, I saw played there in those days. And watched Golden Boots, Keith Barnes kick us to many victories.
Yes Kevin did die in jail and of course Georgie died when he fell ( or was piushed) down the stairs of the old Codocks Club in Balmain.
Of course, on occasion also went to Prattern Park to watch the Maggie’s.
Anyway my biggest regret is that I now live interstate and only see the Tigers on telly.

There were many rumours about Pipers death at the time most of which were slanderous in the extreme.He was a good tough forward

Hal Browne a great player, I think he and Kevin Yoh Yeh were a centre pairing at one stage maybe when they played England at the SCG ( a game I think the Tigers won )
Welcome.

There were many rumours about Pipers death at the time most of which were slanderous in the extreme.He was a good tough forward
Let’s change the mood, DYT we can galvanise all that has been going on into an upbeat game this Saturday. I hope so…,,
Expecting any team changes ?

Let’s change the mood, DYT we can galvanise all that has been going on into an upbeat game this Saturday. I hope so…,,
Expecting any team changes ?

I am hoping we carry forward from where we left off on Sunday but it will be a lot harder in donkey stadium.I also have not seen anything in Kimmorleys coaching to give me any confidence.I couldn't change the team except for dropping Peachey

I'm calming down more and more and I'm now calling that game a win. We beat them.

There are heaps of positives from that game.

We should all starting to be getting on a high.

I am hoping we carry forward from where we left off on Sunday but it will be a lot harder in donkey stadium.I also have not seen anything in Kimmorleys coaching to give me any confidence.I couldn't change the team except for dropping Peachey
Yes, I think the Peach hasn’t got that fizz anymore. Although it may have been coz he hasn’t been in the top grade.
The pigs will have to be on their game v Haas and of course Reynolds is on fire. Lots of pressure on his kicking game required. Let’s see what happens at 4pm.

A few of us ‘52 models on here mate

Back