Nostalgia

The thinking man’s sex symbol of her day. Sultry good looks and a terrific brain, what a combo.
And not a blonde hair in sight ! That’s when a real woman could be herself and not just an imitation of many others !
Whoops, have I said too much, hope i don’t get booted !

60 minutes was great until Jana Wendt. ;)

Sad to hear of the passing of Ian Heads O.A.M, a very fine and respected journalist who relied on the accurate presentation of facts, rather than grandiose bs to report on Rugby League.
I’m sure many of us have player biographies in our bookshelves written by
him and remember his regular columns in various papers. He also edited Rugby League week for some years.
Of course was also part of setting up
The Immortals concept.
Quietly spoken but sharp of mind he was part of an era of journos sadly gone. Names like Prenter, Tasker, Frilingos,Clarkson, Hyde, Morley and many more. These guys were welcomed by the players because they reported things in a positive not sensationalistic way which engendered respect.
Coz that was the way it was back then and allthose on here of a slightly older age would definitely remember and relate to.

Vale Ian and thanks for all you did for
RL.
Well said Hal... Condolences to the Heads family

Ian Heads to me wasn't readily pictured in my mind as other like Chippy etc were... But we all knew his name, he didn't need to get his face out there his words on the game were more than enought

Herb Alpert, Tom Jones, George Michael, Bryan Adams, Dustin Hoffman, Trudie Styler, James Taylor, Sting and Tina Turner at the Rock for the Rainforest concert, 1993
1711848482889.jpeg

Back