NRL 360

I thought he claimed it was a limo

Graveyard shift: Kent works at funeral home while waiting for court return​

Danny Weidler

ByDanny Weidler

September 10, 2023 — 5.30am

Fox Sports personality and Daily Telegraph columnist Paul Kent has found a new line of work with a funeral home as News Corp considers whether he will be replaced as a full-time TV host. There is no official word on Kent’s future as he prepares to return to court in December, but Gorden Tallis has filled the void well so far.

Kent was one of the loudest and most divisive media figures in the NRL, but he has been close to invisible since being charged with two domestic violence-related offences in May after a 33-year-old woman alleged she had been choked at a home in the inner west.

Outside the courtroom where he pleaded not guilty to the charges, Kent said it was his turn to be part of the rugby league circus. By anyone’s standards, that was an interesting choice of words.

He is now working in one of the most sensitive jobs at Mannings Funerals in Rozelle. I contacted the funeral home during the week and it confirmed Kent was working as a part-time limousine driver.

Funeral director Michael Manning, from Mannings Funerals, said: “He’s been down a few times to work with us. If he wants a job full-time I’d have no problem with that.

“He said he has an interest in the funeral business and I’d show him the ropes. He told me he wants to write a book about the funeral business and I’d help him out with that for sure. And if he needs more work, I’d help with that, too.”

I tried to contact Kent for comment. I have not had a reply.

The rugby league media and, in particular, News Corp have been heavily criticised by the public for being too lenient in their coverage of Kent with comparisons being made to the reporting on NRL players facing similar charges.

Fox Sports will need to decide on its next step. If Kent is found not guilty, can he still sit on a panel and judge others, as has been his role?

The feeling is that is unlikely. He certainly could talk about football, but would struggle with commentary about behaviour or culture.

Nrl 360 doing its best to protect bulldogs and that coach for the wrestlin issue over the player , Anastasia needs to keep his mouth out of it as he is saying nothing to se hear , , Fk me they bang on about mental health and player wellbeing but say nothing hear with out it doing due coarse in court , again fox sports looking after who they pick , disgrace , NRL cant keep this up , step in you morons and shut them down , no comment needed hear not wide TV coverage to say nothing hear is a absolute disgrace
Yah regardless of what happens here - it's so out of order how they are standing up for the Bulldogs in such a public forum, especially with Anasta's link to the trainer in the middle of it.

I feel it's a bit of a wild theory that this kid is doing this out of pettiness that he's missing out on a contract, when I'm sure he would know what's at stake by going through this on a false accusation.

But I hate the Bulldogs, so I'm biased.

Chat GPT is really good at writing these types of fake articles.
What fake articles:

I personally have only provided full attributed and dated articles from SMH or DT with links for verification.

And I don't use photoshop - but that fake posted by someone else was obvious ASF!

Yah regardless of what happens here - it's so out of order how they are standing up for the Bulldogs in such a public forum, especially with Anasta's link to the trainer in the middle of it.

I feel it's a bit of a wild theory that this kid is doing this out of pettiness that he's missing out on a contract, when I'm sure he would know what's at stake by going through this on a false accusation.

They are standing up to the concept of training for discipline and resilience. Two things rugby league teaches those who have been around it. Well, many of them.

[/QUOTE]
They’re defending practices that have worked since 1908 and not putting up with snowflakes.
All players, well most of them I guess... Had full time jobs up till the 80s.
Maybe not during the depression.
I cant see teams before WW1 doing boot camp style stuff designed to make or break.
There's been no wrestling at all bar the last 20 years or so

And I think yiur quota for using the term 'snowflake' is just about up. So cringe worthy yet laughable and embarrassing... It makes one look rather silly

Last edited:
Forget "Tales from Tigertown", Foxtel should make a new mini-series "At the Pub with K#nt and the Lads". See him faceplant into a tree that dogs have pissed on for decades, then roll around in the gutter while metaphorically referencing his media career. Then we have Danny Wanker's exclusive about K#nt working for a funeral home. Champagne journalism, worthy of a Pulitzer, such irony!

Totally agree, and Graham’s attitude was a complete joke. Both him an Bwaith should not comment on any matters retaining to the bulldogs as they are former players with an obvious bias ti the club. At one point Bwaith asked the panel what they thought, when Reid went against his narrative both Bwaith and graham lost their shit at him. Reid was just offering a different view at the matter and because it was against their bulldogs team they went after him. Pathetic media show totally bias, can’t believe how pathetic they are.
Sorry I can, just don’t know how they have jobs!

They are standing up to the concept of training for discipline and resilience. Two things rugby league teaches those who have been around it. Well, many of them.
What about the 3 rd one = Torture , is that part of it as well , I get the first 2 you mentioned but this one goes to far , just my opinion don’t want to get into it with you , we all have opinions specially around the well being of young people

live by the sword, die by the sword. I just love it when media flogs like Kent get smashed by the media.

nrl360 is a waist of time. As are most panel based programs. Nothing but ego and agenda driven, sensationalist media, that many years ago was the domain of midday shows targeting female viewers.

I wouldn't know who any of these wankers were (outside of former players) if not for seeing the whinging about them here.

The last league journalism I can recall enjoying was Roy Masters or flicking through issues of League Week as a kid.

I wouldn't know who any of these wankers were (outside of former players) if not for seeing the whinging about them here.

The last league journalism I can recall enjoying was Roy Masters or flicking through issues of League Week as a kid.
I’ve thought they were grubs for years, long before 360. Kent though, never bothered me. And still doesn’t if I’m being totally honest. That’s only because I don’t watch the show, so i don’t get the hate. I just read about everyone else’s. Ritchie, Hooper and old bourbon cheeks have been grubs for years. Especially Ritchie. He’s been a low life for at least the last 20 years. He’s the worst of the lot. But it seems people only pay attention to what they are like on a tv show where they have been told by producers to carry themselves like twats. I always liked Steve Mascord, but I think he walked away from reporting league years ago. Harmless metal head.

Wow proud he could make it but disappointed he couldn’t hack it , wow just wow , if it’s my son I’d be just proud he had a go regardless the outcome ,
I don’t think sueing people is all that honourable myself but each to their own.

What about the 3 rd one = Torture , is that part of it as well , I get the first 2 you mentioned but this one goes to far , just my opinion don’t want to get into it with you , we all have opinions specially around the well being of young people
Happy to agree to disagree mate.

Totally agree, and Graham’s attitude was a complete joke. Both him an Bwaith should not comment on any matters retaining to the bulldogs as they are former players with an obvious bias ti the club. At one point Bwaith asked the panel what they thought, when Reid went against his narrative both Bwaith and graham lost their shit at him. Reid was just offering a different view at the matter and because it was against their bulldogs team they went after him. Pathetic media show totally bias, can’t believe how pathetic they are.
Sorry I can, just don’t know how they have jobs!
How many clubs could Reid name that don’t have penalties for Ill discipline? Reid was defending the rubbish story he probably wrote and convinced the kid a law suit would be a good idea 🙄

Latest posts

Members online

Back