Onitoni Large

Would be nice to know if this is true or not. I know it's a 16 year old but not good to let these rumours fester without an update.

Is the Large family from out C-town way ?
For a million reasons the tigers just really failed to resonate with the Polynesians kids out there . Look at Israel Folau . How he need up everywhere but the tigers is ridiculous to be honest …. Same with Hoffman although not Polynesian .
Is TDS the better hooker prospect out of the two between him and the younger large ?
Yeah, Campbelltown City juniors.

In regards to TDS vs. Ashton Large, it's hard to say but TDS is three years older.

Both good prospects, in my opinion.

Yeah, Campbelltown City juniors.

In regards to TDS vs. Ashton Large, it's hard to say but TDS is three years older.

Both good prospects, in my opinion.
When I spoke with Sheensy before the season started in '23, he said Ashton could play in the halves as easily as hooker. The reason he was playing 9 was because he really enjoyed the collisions! Each to their own I guess.

I'm going to be honest...kid seems like a wanker...never met him or heard of him except from on here. But will explain his fan boys make all these demands and i think wanker.

He should never be this high up in the thoughts of fans 2 years before he can play.
His parents have a responsibility to him. This is not a good look...especially when some say it is from them

I'm going to be honest...kid seems like a wanker...never met him or heard of him except from on here. But will explain his fan boys make all these demands and i think wanker.

He should never be this high up in the thoughts of fans 2 years before he can play.
His parents have a responsibility to him. This is not a good look...especially when some say it is from them
Sorry should have added the hype around this kid feels toxic. Demands at 16 and people say it is the parents. Time to move him on if you were the parent

Sorry should have added the hype around this kid feels toxic. Demands at 16 and people say it is the parents. Time to move him on if you were the parent

I must admit the attitude that seems to be coming from his parents and perhaps also from him is very disturbing and if it is factual could be a player we are better off without since he could be trouble we don't need in the club

Demands from them ? As a meal ticket or for the boys own good ?
Suspect we can figure probably a bit of both. I'd like to think it's not self interest but...... no doubt Roosters have already had their recruiters in the family ear. Remember a few years ago Roosters openly said their tactics were to buy the best Juniors and the develop locally, hence getting a very strong club loyalty out of the developed player.

I must admit the attitude that seems to be coming from his parents and perhaps also from him is very disturbing and if it is factual could be a player we are better off without since he could be trouble we don't need in the club
Look at it this way, if someone is in demand from the NSW Waratahs as well as a host of NRL clubs including some of the most successful ones and your preferred position at NRL level looks to be taken for the foreseeable future, would you not have concerns about remaining loyal ?
No fault of Wests Tigers but that’s just the way it has worked out and logically thinking there is a much more direct pathway to play 5/8 for the Roosters NRL team within the next couple of seasons dependent on form.
So in order to keep him on Wests Tigers books and keep him positive, you would think conversations would have been had surrounding the impact he could potentially have initially in other positions, not discounting a move back to the halves down the track, again form permitting.
That along with likely having to pay him more than other clubs such as the Roosters are offering.

no one even knows if any of this is even true.

and even if his family are unhappy, that doesn't necessarily mean the kid agrees with his parents. as a minor he is somewhat helpless
“Hey Mum and Dad, the Tigers have just bought Luai, and I reckon my pathway to NRL is blocked, go and tell them I want a release now.”

no one even knows if any of this is even true.

and even if his family are unhappy, that doesn't necessarily mean the kid agrees with his parents. as a minor he is somewhat helpless
Just about to post the same thing. Someone post something on social media and within a few days we have him and his parents in the firing line. At this stage we have had zero confirmation that there is any truth to the social media post. Okay it may have legs, but put your guns down till it is confirmed

Disappointing if true about the parents. Watching from afar I don’t think Wests Tigers can do much more.

As @TYGA mentioned, we should work to get someone in return with qualities we need in a position we need. If it so happens to be Roosters, I hope Shannon Gallant is working behind the scenes to get Mikey Nassar back as a future wing option, would kill it on the wing with his speed, height & skill. I think he left due to Fulton prioritising others. Any chance he could see himself as an elite wing @ROZELLE.O.G ?
I think its more related to the managers and much more less towards the parents. The managers have the trust of the parents and would get fed info that the player is in high demand when really its a quicker path for the manager to start deriving an income from the athlete. The NRL needs to introduce salary cap tariffs for the pillaging other clubs commence when there is a plethora of junior talent being raided. It doesn't help when there is mismanagement on our side compounding the issue. Mikey Nasser will be a fullback or five eight if he progresses to the next stage of footy. I hope all these kids come back to our club.

Watching Alex Conti destroy the undefeated Roosters SG Ball team in the prelim finals on the weekend playing Ball a year young is a devastating for our club, the kid is a local junior that should've been retained and wasn't and its because other NRL clubs sense weakness and start their raids on our best talent. I hope Large isnt the next to go he is a freak talent that we need to keep.

Is the Large family from out C-town way ?
For a million reasons the tigers just really failed to resonate with the Polynesians kids out there . Look at Israel Folau . How he need up everywhere but the tigers is ridiculous to be honest …. Same with Hoffman although not Polynesian .
Is TDS the better hooker prospect out of the two between him and the younger large ?
Hoffmans dad played with Bellamy at Canberra and where close mates. Jay was always sending Ryan to Bellamy no matter the club. As for Folau I am pretty sure the entire family moved to Qld for better work opportunities for his mum and dad when he was in his early teens.

Back