Pascoe sanctioned by the NRL

So, if this was all in the media at the time, including the NRL.com site then why did the NRL not say anything when we asked for salary cap dispensation for Robbie’s payments whilst he was at Souths? Nothing seems to confirm it, but I assume the NRL allowed the dispensation, so haven’t they been negligent in their actions?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
9 News just went with the story of there being a contract which was very difficult for the NRL to locate.

Now we're getting down to business.

For those saying Farah is an innocent bystander - if there is a signed contract then Robbie signed it, no doubt with the knowledge and blessing of his manager Sam Ayoub. Sam being a registered players agent and knowing full well how the NRL are gunning for rogue agents would have known that this contract was a bit dodgy but still allowed his client to sign it. Why arent the NRL going after Ayoub when he would have knowingly allowed his client to sign a dodgy contract. And is Robbie using the " i just leave everything to my manger plea." Just as bad as Inglis with his not knowing he had a boat in his garage. So my rant is mainly why isn't Ayoub being de registered and Robbie being given the punt.

But it isn’t Robbie’s responsibility(or his manager’s for that fact) to handle the WTs administrative side of things, that falls on our Management.

Thats true - but if they knowingly signed a contract that was an inducement then they should be in the firing line as well. Sam Ayoub is an experienced players agent - he knows what the NRL rules are. I'm not saying Wests shouldn't be punished. I'm saying punishing all those involved.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Already accused and hung who will be our next CEO .

9 News just went with the story of there being a contract which was very difficult for the NRL to locate.

For those saying Farah is an innocent bystander - if there is a signed contract then Robbie signed it, no doubt with the knowledge and blessing of his manager Sam Ayoub. Sam being a registered players agent and knowing full well how the NRL are gunning for rogue agents would have known that this contract was a bit dodgy but still allowed his client to sign it. Why arent the NRL going after Ayoub when he would have knowingly allowed his client to sign a dodgy contract. And is Robbie using the " i just leave everything to my manger plea." Just as bad as Inglis with his not knowing he had a boat in his garage. So my rant is mainly why isn't Ayoub being de registered and Robbie being given the punt.

It's hardly a player's responsibility to register his own contract.

If only that Grange gifting dill of a director and anyone else involved had listened to the coach that they hired in Mick Potter way back then, the crap of the last few years would not have existed.

Not that I am saying BBF's boy is responsible for the current shit storm.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Oh please - after the Melbourne rubbish of shoddy contracts and the recent NRL crackdown on player managers. You obviously don't like Pascoe and your posts show that however if he has done the wrong thing fine i have no problem with the punishment. My concern is that Ayoub and Farah are in this up to their eyeballs in this if they did in fact sign a contract that was quite obviously an inducement and no one is saying a word.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Especially when one can knowingly sign at least two different ones, then get rewarded by captaining your country and benefit matches.

Another dud CEO, probably our worst one, putting us in this position for next year.
A hole.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

But it isn’t Robbie’s responsibility(or his manager’s for that fact) to handle the WTs administrative side of things, that falls on our Management.

Thats true - but if they knowingly signed a contract that was an inducement then they should be in the firing line as well. Sam Ayoub is an experienced players agent - he knows what the NRL rules are. I'm not saying Wests shouldn't be punished. I'm saying punishing all those involved.

Totally agree. Ayoub has been causing misery for years and Isaac Moses stuffed us majorly, so I’m waiting in anticipation for the day they get their comeuppance.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Oh please - after the Melbourne rubbish of shoddy contracts and the recent NRL crackdown on player managers. You obviously don't like Pascoe and your posts show that however if he has done the wrong thing fine i have no problem with the punishment. My concern is that Ayoub and Farah are in this up to their eyeballs in this if they did in fact sign a contract that was quite obviously an inducement and no one is saying a word.

I don't hate Pascoe so I'm going to ask you to withdraw that. It's an unfair misrepresentation of my position. I make no personal reflection on him or anyone involved. I'm just passing on what I'm told. For what it's worth I think Pascoe has done a great job.

Anyway back to the issue. It's the club's responsibility to register contracts. Not players. I just don't see it being Farah's job to check with the NRL to see if his contract has been registered or any agreement he's entered into has been lodged.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Totally agree. Ayoub has been causing misery for years and Isaac Moses stuffed us majorly, so I’m waiting in anticipation for the day they get their comeuppance.

You will be waiting a long time - the NRL has had a number of occasions where they could have de registered players agents - and all they have done is hit them with a feather and said next time we will get you - well here is next time - and any word from the NRL - nope - the organisation is totally corrupt - they are puppets to the players agents and the big clubs.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Signing on for an ambassador role is not illegal in the NRL, the CLUB has to seek approval from the NRL for it to be salary cap exempt. If approval isn't given then it is included in the salary cap. None of that is Farah or his managers role.

The issue here is that not only was the approval not sought but the contract was hidden offsite, Farah and his manager had no reason to believe that the Tigers had not followed the correct procedures. Compounding the hidden contract is the fact the club applied for a reduction in the cap hit from Farah's exit stating he was a distraction and provided this in writing while sitting on a hidden contract for future ambassador role.

@ said:
@ said:
Just read the last 10 pages to catch up.

Im just going to say this, i really dont care if people agree with me or want to take me task for it. Ive been saying the league is corrupt for a long time now.

Who has Justin Pascoe upset lately?

Imo Ivan Cleary and or Phil Gould are up to their necks in this.

This is what you get when you take on the inner circle of the game. We admired Pascoe for showing some ticker and being the strong leader we have wanted but this over the top punishment is their way of putting him in his place. He would have been better off letting Cleary walk.

I need to add a disclaimer because some on here just look for angles to have a go at people about, never mind this being one of the most serious moments in our history. The disclaimer is that i do not in any way think that Justin Pascoe is completely innocent here. Simply that the punishment and the over the top nature of it is pay back for him taking on Gould.

Gould has called in a favour.

That had crossed my mind as well.

And mine. And yes, although like others I don't know him, I reckon Gould would be bothered to go after Pascoe. Very odd timing.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Signing on for an ambassador role is not illegal in the NRL, the CLUB has to seek approval from the NRL for it to be salary cap exempt. If approval isn't given then it is included in the salary cap. None of that is Farah or his managers role.

The issue here is that not only was the approval not sought but the contract was hidden offsite, Farah and his manager had no reason to believe that the Tigers had not followed the correct procedures. Compounding the hidden contract is the fact the club applied for a reduction in the cap hit from Farah's exit stating he was a distraction and provided this in writing while sitting on a hidden contract for future ambassador role.

Sounds like cheating to me.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out legally. Given that the contract was discussed openly and even reported on the NRL website. I do wonder if it was open common knowledge then how it could be considered concealment. I think the lawyers will have a field day with this.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I don't hate Pascoe so I'm going to ask you to withdraw that. It's an unfair misrepresentation of my position. I make no personal reflection on him or anyone involved. I'm just passing on what I'm told. For what it's worth I think Pascoe has done a great job.

Anyway back to the issue. It's the club's responsibility to register contracts. Not players. I just don't see it being Farah's job to check with the NRL to see if his contract has been registered or any agreement he's entered into has been lodged.

Ok i'll withdraw it - your last paragraph is the Inglis defence. And no its not Farahs job to chase his contract - its his managers - and i guess you're suggesting poor old Sam was just an innocent bystander in Robbie signing a contract that was an inducement.

A couple of things. Firstly I'd reckon Gus has more important things on his mind than plotting revenge.

Secondly this has been a known thing for a long time. It's become public this week because the NRL released its investigation result. But that alone points to it being a known event for a decent chunk of time.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Ok i'll withdraw it - your last paragraph is the Inglis defence. And no its not Farahs job to chase his contract - its his managers - and i guess you're suggesting poor old Sam was just an innocent bystander in Robbie signing a contract that was an inducement.

How was he to know the contract would not be sent to the NRL and would actually be hidden offsite? I'm sure the contract didn't say that.

If JT had just let Farah fulfiil his contract in the first place I wonder how we would be travelling now! Still feeling the pain.

@ said:
A couple of things. Firstly I'd reckon Gus has more important things on his mind than plotting revenge.

Secondly this has been a known thing for a long time. It's become public this week because the NRL released its investigation result. But that alone points to it being a known event for a decent chunk of time.

That makes sense and could also explain why we have been a bit slow in the player market when we supposedly had some money in the cap.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Oh please - after the Melbourne rubbish of shoddy contracts and the recent NRL crackdown on player managers. **You obviously don't like Pascoe and your posts show that** however if he has done the wrong thing fine i have no problem with the punishment. My concern is that Ayoub and Farah are in this up to their eyeballs in this if they did in fact sign a contract that was quite obviously an inducement and no one is saying a word.

Ive noticed that myself. Love Yoss's work but whoever feeds him his info is not someone on Pascoe's side of the issues.

Back