OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

As you wrote earlier, he does frustrate you sometimes with things he does but certainly stepped up in that last 10mins. Just took the game on when we needed someone.
I think Benji is helping to bring out the best in Naden, and that's the sign of a good coach like Bellamy and Wayne Bennett.
It seems there is something magical about NRL coaches who have a name starting with B, for Benji :D.

Last edited:
He’s not injured so will be available for selection, but Naden gives us more size, more speed and more strike power at right centre.
Faataape is a hard one. He has been solid and dependable. He has been good rather than great. He has not been heavily involved, yet also not dominated by better opponents.
His stats:
Averaging 10 runs per game for 78m
Averaging 10 tackles per game for 4 misses
Not stats worth writing home about, however he has been in 2 winning teams out of 3 games.
He hasnt done anything to deserve dropping and we are winning so I cant see him getting the bullet for Naden....who himself is very much rocks and diamonds.

The Knock On Effect NSW Cup - Round 5 vs. Bears

Sunday, April 7 - 3:00 p.m. AEST
North Sydney Oval, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Heath Mason
2. Solomon Alaimalo
3. Josh Feledy
4. Declan Casey
5. Alex Lobb
6. James Valevatu (c)
7. Brent Naden
8. Reuben Porter
9. Jake Simpkin
10. Nick Lui-Toso
11. Asu Kepaoa
12. Tony Sukkar
13. Justin Matamua

14. Bailey Hodges
15. Sione Vaihu
16. Kit Laulilii
17. Josh Finau

18. Brandon Tumeth
Coach: Aaron Payne

INS: Heath Mason, Jake Simpkin, Asu Kepaoa, Kit Laulilii

OUTS: Latu Fainu (NRL), Brandon Tumeth (Jersey Flegg), Chris Faagutu (Jersey Flegg), Iverson Matai

Given nsw cup is on Sunday it will all depend on who goes to Brisbane and when they can get back and how they feel when back

Why not? Based on yesterday he’s probably the next best half after those suspended or named in 17 this week. He might as well have a crack, that’s what reserve grade is for.
Imagine if he had a “new lease on footy” and became a gun half? Or even just a decent one?
I can’t see it, I reckon he was on a bit of a roll yesterday and got a bit lucky, I don’t think the consistency would be there from Nado.
I do know one thing, when Nado is on he’s pretty good to watch.

Imagine if he had a “new lease on footy” and became a gun half? Or even just a decent one?
I can’t see it, I reckon he was on a bit of a roll yesterday and got a bit lucky, I don’t think the consistency would be there from Nado.
I do know one thing, when Nado is on he’s pretty good to watch.
Yeah you’re probably right that it’s a long shot but his kicking game really surprised me yesterday.

Faataape is a hard one. He has been solid and dependable. He has been good rather than great. He has not been heavily involved, yet also not dominated by better opponents.
His stats:
Not stats worth writing home about, however he has been in 2 winning teams out of 3 games.
He hasnt done anything to deserve dropping and we are winning so I cant see him getting the bullet for Naden....who himself is very much rocks and diamonds.
Agreed. I’d keep him. Naden. See below.

Why not? Based on yesterday he’s probably the next best half after those suspended or named in 17 this week. He might as well have a crack, that’s what reserve grade is for.
Dude don’t drive right now cuz I think you’ve been smoking crack,

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
All in all it was a pretty disappointing performance, though a first win is welcome.
Our back row was terrible. Vaihu, hasn't earned the opportunity and did absolutely nothing but miss tackles and make errors. Sukkar was invisible, made about 7 hitups in the last 10 mins though when I think they moved him centrally after tumeth came on. Hodges also struggled immensely with some horrible defence and passing.
Would have liked to see Alaimalo, Feledy, Lobb get more involved making metres from our end.
Naden, hmm, not sure where that came from, can only think Benji doesn't think he's up to 80mins at centre this week.

There's still not enough pace, size or power in this side.

His stats:
Yeah we have enough forced changes without having to make unforced changes as well....particularly as the boys are winning

Yeah we have enough forced changes without having to make unforced changes as well....particularly as the boys are winning
Horses for Courses.
Faatape will be up against Herbie Farnworth on Saturday night, it’s a mismatch in size, speed and athleticism.
We could have made it a much better match up by having Naden up agsinst him.

Latest posts

Members online

Back