OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

delighted to see Luke Laulili'i and Jordan Miller retain their spots in the side. I don't think any of us have really touched on how good Luke looked on Sunday afternoon. he may well be an NRL debutant by season's end if he continues on this current trajectory. powerful, speedy and silky.
Isn't Luke only 16/17? He'd need dispensation to play 1st grade if that's the case.

Sukkar looks the goods to me.
Not real explosive but very steady, bit of a Boyd Cordner type, not as sound defensively as Boyd was but good line runner and safe pair of hands at the line.
Only 19 too, not sure if he'll ever be a world-beater but there's something to work with there.

I'll take it even further, I'll punt on Naden to play 6 next week in first grade against the Dragons. If you suggested that 2 weeks ago I would fall over laughing, but he relished the responsibility of being in the halves and his long kicking game is impressive. Obviously its a stop gap option but for one week I reckon he can have a positive influence on our performance in what shapes as a hugely important game for both teams.
Did anyone take you up on that bet?

delighted to see Luke Laulili'i and Jordan Miller retain their spots in the side. I don't think any of us have really touched on how good Luke looked on Sunday afternoon. he may well be an NRL debutant by season's end if he continues on this current trajectory. powerful, speedy and silky.
Wing? Centre?

The Knock On Effect NSW Cup - Round 6 vs. Dragons

Saturday, April 13 - 2:00 p.m. AEST
Lidcombe Oval, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Luke Laulilii
2. Solomon Alaimalo
3. Declan Casey
4. Josh Feledy
5. Jay Kirk
6. Iverson Matai
7. Tyler Colley
8. Josh Finau
9. James Valevatu (c)
10. Nick Lui-Toso
11. Reuben Porter
12. Brandon Tumeth
13. Tony Sukkar

14. Bailey Hodges
15. Sione Vaihu
16. Jordan Miller
17. Kit Laulilii

18. Raymond Maroun
19. Ryan Garner
Coach: Aaron Payne

INS: Jay Kirk, Iverson Matai, Tyler Colley, Reuben Porter

OUTS: Alex Lobb (concussion), Brent Naden (concussion), Raymond Maroun, Gordon Whippy

Really wish they would let some of the players just play a position. Sukkar is a prime example. 19 and gets moved around different forward positions.

Good to see Miller get more cup time and gets a decent crack to get some miles going at the higher level.

Be good to see how Kirk & Feledy combo goes.

Really wish they would let some of the players just play a position. Sukkar is a prime example. 19 and gets moved around different forward positions.

Good to see Miller get more cup time and gets a decent crack to get some miles going at the higher level.

Be good to see how Kirk & Feledy combo goes.
KR any idea whats happened to Ngutlic.

I'd say he'll get a crack on the wing at some point, yeah. centre might be a bridge too far this year.

I think he is going to put a lot of pressure on Bula for the 1 next year though. I'm not saying he'll supplant him, but he is going to make him work for it.
He’s good for an 18y.o but from what I’ve seen he’s a long way off a potential NRL start at this stage.
Heath Mason well ahead of him.

He’s good for an 18y.o but from what I’ve seen he’s a long way off a potential NRL start at this stage.
Heath Mason well ahead of him.
you think so? I’m the opposite to be honest.

Luke is powerful and quick, which makes him more versatile in the backline. his ballplaying is at a point now where I believe that it is better than Mason’s from what I have seen in the last 12 months.

he’s a year younger which obviously means he’s a little behind on development, but if I had to pick who’s more likely to play more games of NRL between now and the end of next year my money is on Laulili’i every single day of the week.

you think so? I’m the opposite to be honest.

Luke is powerful and quick, which makes him more versatile in the backline. his ballplaying is at a point now where I believe that it is better than Mason’s from what I have seen in the last 12 months.

he’s a year younger which obviously means he’s a little behind on development, but if I had to pick who’s more likely to play more games of NRL between now and the end of next year my money is on Laulili’i every single day of the week.
Absolutely.

Mason would be the smallest player in the NRL if he were to play anytime soon. Size isn't everything, and the kid has fight in him, but we'd need to be careful throwing him in against men in the nrl. Don't want him getting concussed or injured, and there's no need to rush him either.

Given Mason and Laulilii are the same age and Luke is bigger, stronger and more versatile i can definitely seem him getting the nod ahead of Mason. He can play anywhere from 1-5 which is what we need.

Both still have a lot of development in them and hopefully we're not in the position where we need to throw either to the wolves before they're standing out and enduring the rigours of nsw cup on a weekly basis.

I'd say he'll get a crack on the wing at some point, yeah. centre might be a bridge too far this year.

I think he is going to put a lot of pressure on Bula for the 1 next year though. I'm not saying he'll supplant him, but he is going to make him work for it.
He looks like a Brian To'o clone to me, do you think that's a fair assessment?

Latest posts

Members online

Back