Penalty to Eels at the end

So he was just standing there flat footed?
I’ve watched it again too… I don’t agree.
You’ll need to learn to live with that.

This wouldn’t even be a conversation if the wests tigers weren’t so god awful at kick diffusing in general.
I'll live with knowing youre either delusional or just lying...

Its there for everyone to see ....14:00..Harper is two in from touch
He doesnt jump

i have never seen a team lose in this fashion …other than the Tigers v Cowboys … and I’ve been watching the game 40 years
Dogs lost against Souths when Graham got pinged for diving at the feet of whoever was taking a field goal attempt. I also remember Balmain losing to Parra in the early 90s when they kicked at the ball in the ruck (when you could do that). Ball hit the dummy half’s feet, rebounded forward, guy playing the ball picked it up, penalty offside. Of course we also lost to the Titans on a Hail Mary kick that Jock Madden (?) couldn’t hang onto.

He doesnt jump

He doesnt jump

OK - So he "Extends his height by being on his tip toes on one foot only"
Also shows his hand so close it's not funny, - If not in actual contact with the ball.
Nothing you can say, Tells me you can see the difference in that snap...
Which makes the rest of what you're banging on about

- Nothing but dogshit!!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3529.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3529.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 17
I’m not talking any penalty awarded at the end .. but in this manner which has now happened to us twice in 2 years..

taking the lead with seconds left ..attempting to then field a short kick and being penalised … the penalty yesterday should have gone our way…

Dogs lost against Souths when Graham got pinged for diving at the feet of whoever was taking a field goal attempt. I also remember Balmain losing to Parra in the early 90s when they kicked at the ball in the ruck (when you could do that). Ball hit the dummy half’s feet, rebounded forward, guy playing the ball picked it up, penalty offside. Of course we also lost to the Titans on a Hail Mary kick that Jock Madden (?) couldn’t hang onto.

See above where i responded to this previously ..

I was there 20m away for last play
Yes Bula did jump and touch ball and Papalii dived on a ball a foot in front of him but I thought and Eels player jumped and put hand on Bulas shoulder pulling him down a split second before Bula made contact
My problem was the10- 3 pen count with a number of yardage penalties saying one or two crept a meter or two inside the 10 at the instant ball played .Well Parra on a few occasions were similar but not once penalised .Home ground syndrome !
Last week we got the 50 50 calls helped by a big home ground crowd. Plenty of Shark supporters thought the ref was giving us a leg up. Yesterday it seemed Parra was getting the leg up, just shows the benefit of playing at your own fortress

OK - So he "Extends his height by being on his tip toes on one foot only"
Also shows his hand so close it's not funny, - If not in actual contact with the ball.
Nothing you can say, Tells me you can see the difference in that snap...
Which makes the rest of what you're banging on about

- Nothing but dogshit!!

LOL...Jumping is now "standing on tippytoes" :rolleyes:
Nice to expose BS artists for what they are

Thank you...good night

Just on another note…..
In Annesley’s weekly review he touched on a rule that states a defending player can not in any way distract the goal kicker when he’s taking a kick. So you are not allowed to do anything standing behind your try line that the ref might think is distracting. This includes waving your arms around (which i saw Seyfarth doing on the earlier Gutho penalty kick). Even walking around in circles was mentioned as a distraction.
Now imagine if Gutho missed and the ref gave a kick from in front because one of our guys is waving his arms around!!! There’d be an absolute meltdown on here.
(P.S just in case, could someone please tell Seyfarth not to do that anymore).

Just on another note…..
In Annesley’s weekly review he touched on a rule that states a defending player can not in any way distract the goal kicker when he’s taking a kick. So you are not allowed to do anything standing behind your try line that the ref might think is distracting. This includes waving your arms around (which i saw Seyfarth doing on the earlier Gutho penalty kick). Even walking around in circles was mentioned as a distraction.
Now imagine if Gutho missed and the ref gave a kick from in front because one of our guys is waving his arms around!!! There’d be an absolute meltdown on here.
Its a dumb as dog shit thing to do, and I have no idea why players do it.

LOL...Jumping is now "standing on tippytoes" :rolleyes:
Nice to expose BS artists for what they are

Thank you...good night

Bad day mate?
Depends what you classify as a jump? I suppose you can proove in court both his feet were on the ground at all times from that? Because if they're not, Or you have no evidence that they were
- Is that not a jump?

ps: Nice deflection ignoring the fact Harpers hand is actually above Bulas on the ball and not
"Dragging his arm" was it?

Its a dumb as dog shit thing to do, and I have no idea why players do it.

Too many 80's highlight videos.....

I remember Doueihi getting a standing ovation for throwing Reyno a few years back....
I'm sure plenty of them aren't real clear on it.

We've had players who don't know a kick needs to go 10m before you can play at it.

Both teams desperate for a win, a short kick off 50/50 chance the ref will rule something discretionary, or a player will make an error, especially when both teams have no challenges left. Can't be critical of our players those situations are pretty much out of their control when 4 players are attacking the ball it can end up going anywhere. It went against us and it would have been the worst way to lose the game.
Best thing is we ended up in that position by playing like a footy team through adversity and came out winners. For the life me can't understand why after coming off second best in situations like these before why anyone would want to back the ref on anything that went against us yesterday. Time to focus on the good stuff while it lasts, because three weeks ago not many saw this coming and were still lamenting over players gone and or- in my case - our squads weaknesses. They have completely exceeded my expectations got to be satisfied with that. Our halves combo considered weakest in the comp before season started now showing that they can deliver.

Both teams desperate for a win, a short kick off 50/50 chance the ref will rule something discretionary, or a player will make an error, especially when both teams have no challenges left. Can't be critical of our players those situations are pretty much out of their control when 4 players are attacking the ball it can end up going anywhere. It went against us and it would have been the worst way to lose the game.
Best thing is we ended up in that position by playing like a footy team through adversity and came out winners. For the life me can't understand why after coming off second best in situations like these before why anyone would want to back the ref on anything that went against us yesterday. Time to focus on the good stuff while it lasts, because three weeks ago not many saw this coming and were still lamenting over players gone and or- in my case - our squads weaknesses. They have completely exceeded my expectations got to be satisfied with that. Our halves combo considered weakest in the comp before season started now showing that they can deliver.
You were wrong ay

Just on another note…..
Im not sure if it was our game, what pees me off is refs too scared to play correctly when a fullback is bringing the ball out of his in-goal from a kick, defenders bearing down on him and he dives out of the i-goal...hes lying on the deck with the ball and the defense dont touch him...there is NO tackle yet the ref calls him to play the ball??? WTF>?

The guys gotta get up and have a frikkin go, not this cowardly dog it lie down garbage...grow some balls refs

Id love Annesly or whoever ''in charge''...I use the term loosely, in charge of refs to go thru that whole passge of play, from Sivo being offside as the ball is kicked off, untill the end
imo I saw 2 possibly 3 parra infringements
Sivo off side
Harper impeding Ice (Possibly)
Harper impeding Bula
Ice offside after Bula touches the ball

They were all in this order, I know something like foul play will override an offside penalty...anyway thank christ we got something go our way despite the ref trying his best to screw us...Gutho shanks it and we get the 2

Youd have to say the better team won 😀😀 been a great couple of days

Id love Annesly or whoever ''in charge''...I use the term loosely, in charge of refs to go thru that whole passge of play, from Sivo being offside as the ball is kicked off, untill the end
imo I saw 2 possibly 3 parra infringements
Sivo off side
Harper impeding Ice (Possibly)
Harper impeding Bula
Ice offside after Bula touches the ball

They were all in this order, I know something like foul play will override an offside penalty...anyway thank christ we got something go our way despite the ref trying his best to screw us...Gutho shanks it and we get the 2

Youd have to say the better team won 😀😀 been a great couple of days
Oh I think he definitely interferes with Ice. He had his arm on his shoulder.

look at the wide replay of the kickoff and pause it before he kicks it. Sivo is clearly offside.
Thats not subjective.
No way, he was definitely onside

The ball is in the air near the M

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 5.01.41 pm copy.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 5.01.41 pm copy.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Members online

Back