Riding out the Storm

hammertime

I have to say, I've been impressed with the grit from management this year. They weathered the storm from the media knowing that what they were doing was right.

Over the last 3 years that we've had the new structure, we've been repairing and rebuilding the front office and dealing with horrible contract situations. While I don't know the inner workings, from what I can see it certainly seems like we've now come out the other side and have some strong foundations to build on.

Hopefully no more leaks, bad member communication and most importantly, horrendous cap and player welfare management. Those days seem past us.

Yes, we lost some key players, but I think personally that they had just been through too many bumps in the road from the rebuild and didn't have enough heart to stick with it or the forward vision to see it would soon be over.

I'm not sure there are too many people that would have lasted through the barrage some of these guys had to ensure. Hats off to the Board and Pascoe for sticking with it.

Now if we can just land that COE funding we'll be flying…..

For sure Pascoe and I guess the board need a pat on the back. They have been getting a pasteing from the NRL media but have made some real progress.

On a side note, it seems our chairperson has been gaged or has taken a back seat. During the Taylor years she was very visible,but since Cleary has arrived she seems to have stepped back. Maybe there are no fires to put out now Taylor's gone

Feels like the club has hit the reset button this season. Hopefully success follows both on and off the field from now on.

@ said:
For sure Pascoe and I guess the board need a pat on the back. They have been getting a pasteing from the NRL media but have made some real progress.

On a side note, it seems our chairperson has been gaged or has taken a back seat. **During the Taylor years she was very visible,but since Cleary has arrived she seems to have stepped back. Maybe there are no fires to put out now Taylor's gone**

Yep, she has no Robbie/JT fued to try and keep under control and everybody seems to actually like the coach for the first time in a long time!

@ said:
@ said:

On a side note, it seems our chairperson has been gaged or has taken a back seat. **During the Taylor years she was very visible,but since Cleary has arrived she seems to have stepped back. Maybe there are no fires to put out now Taylor's gone**

Yep, she has no Robbie/JT fued to try and keep under control and everybody seems to actually like the coach for the first time in a long time!

Exactly as it should be.

Latest posts

Members online

Back