TEAM LIST Round 11 vs. Dolphins

Team List
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn’t. If To’a didn’t get injured there’s a very strong possibility he and Olam would have been the Centres this week, but him getting injured threw that out the window.

Toa is irrelevant to this discussion about whether Faataape should have been picked over Naden

Toa is irrelevant to this discussion about whether Faataape should have been picked over Naden
Well when he’s not playing better he ain’t gonna get called up. An ok performance doesn’t warrant a first grade call up. Especially against a backline that the Dolphins have named this week. Naden had a shocker but Faataape currently ain’t playing better than him either.

The team list makes for grim reading. The back row is as bad as I've ever seen. The only thing worse than Seyfarth and Twal on the bench is them starting. And AJ has been diabolical in reserves. I'm not expecting much from Sione though he has been impressive in his limited outings this year.

Well when he’s not playing better he ain’t gonna get called up. An ok performance doesn’t warrant a first grade call up. Especially against a backline that the Dolphins have named this week. Naden had a shocker but Faataape currently ain’t playing better than him either.

it’s the message Benji ( doesn’t) send to the rest of the squad by accepting that crap performance last week from Naden … no accountability…

it’s the message Benji ( doesn’t) send to the rest of the squad by accepting that crap performance last week from Naden … no accountability…
When you don’t have better you can’t drop unless you absolutely had no choice. In the case of our centre depth we don’t.

Did you watch Naden play last week ? Worst performance this year
True....but for some reason, I can't really blame him given that he's been moved left, right, and then back to left to cover injuries and reshuffle.

I actually don't mind him trying, at least he really tries and does have the flare to create as we can see from his previous games. But yes, he def needs to play a lot smarter and cut out stupid errors. That's hopefully what the coach can fix.

Reactions: BZN
I’m saying his contract is no big deal to pay him out and ship him out of here if he isn’t up to it
He might not be retained after this year, but they won’t let him go either. He’ll be here for the year at least.

Faataape was given a good run to prove himself and didn't.
Naden's only been back a couple of weeks and has shown in the past that he has something to offer.
My guess is Faataape is being given time in KOE to work on areas he's deficient in before being given another crack.

Reactions: BZN
I expect that Naden would have copped a fair bit from Benji over his performance last week. If, and it is a big if, we are going to beat the Phins I think Naden, on a good day, offers more than Faatape. Naden and Olam on a good day could be a handful - on a bad day they could be a sieve, especially against the speed of Averillao and Farnworth.

Naden will be on notice so I trust that is enough for him to pull his socks up. Staines is probably starting to look over his shoulder after last week too.

My biggest concern this week is our ability to have any go forward for Bud and Galvin to work with; Stef, Klemmer and the Fianu boys will have a real job on their hands helping Api get us on the front foot. Seyfath and Twal will try all day - but they are usually plodders so I expect we will be carrying them as gap fillers.

Time for the once a year miracle!

When you don’t have better you can’t drop unless you absolutely had no choice. In the case of our centre depth we don’t.

As I say .. if he is not better it’s a damning indictment and he may as well be sent back to Brisbane … $80k contract be damned

He might not be retained after this year, but they won’t let him go either. He’ll be here for the year at least.

if he can’t make first grade over that performance last week from Naden … he won’t be picked unless there is a lot of injuries

if he can’t make first grade over that performance last week from Naden … he won’t be picked unless there a lot of injuries
You’re probably right because he’s not better than what we currently have, or is playing like he wants back in the first grade side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back