LIVE GAME Round 11 vs. Dolphins

Live Game Discussion
There is a reason why Gus booted out Naden from the Dogs as soon as he got there....of course and us losers pick him up right away and then extend his contract...I've seen Naden lose many games for us, but never has he actually won one for us!...he must be shown the door at seasons end if this club is serious about being a contender for semi finals
Serious about being a contender for semi finals? Where did you get that idea?

So far we've had Dud Sullivan, The Anti-Sezer, and recent convert to the Tigers style Lachlan Galvin. Latu Fainu please be good. At this rate Doueihi will get a run
Hate to say it this early,

2025 is when this will start to come together.

The boys are trying hard but we just lack match winners. No speed in the backs and small pack. It really does not matter what we do until we get some hard nosed first graders and some pacy backs. Our defence has improved but no shape in attack which is so predictable. I don't know what they practice for 7 days every week? It's same plays every week.
Lets hope Souths and Titans stay on the same trajectory for the rest of the season or 3rd spoon coming.
We are headed for the third spoon. We need to play Tightens and Rabbitohs. They’re not going to roll over.

Lets hope Souths and Titans stay on the same trajectory for the rest of the season or 3rd spoon coming.
Titans have been unlucky this year, dropping several games they deserved to win. They will come good at the back end.

Souths?…they are a real mystery. Too good to play a whole year like this. Probably won’t get many Origin reps so they may start to play better during that campaign.

We’re in trouble I think….

Gave some false hope after the Parra game but we always were a couple of injuries away from disaster. The top 30 weaknesses are a problem and the lack of depth makes it a bigger one.

After Penrith won their first of the 3 premierships where Naden played most games (from memory missed the grand final with the drug episode).

The following year Naden barely played first grade for Penrith. Cleary knew he couldn’t trust him. Looks like the same happened at the dogs pretty quickly. We haven’t realised this until now.

Problem is he’s still contracted for next year. Might need a Nofa payout to get rid of him.
The idiot did coke the day or the week before the Grand Final.... I remember thinking at the time the bloke must have sawdust between the ears to do something that moronic

Why do we not attack and challenge our last tackle kicks... Why don't we make a contest of it, near their line there all possibility of a spilt ball, 6 again or anything but we just make it easy for the opposition, no pressure just turn over possesion... Until it's late in the game and it's desperation time
Does my head in......
Some. Teams challenge on every play, we'd be way less the 50%
Agree it’s dumbfounding, even at the end when we where 12 points down. I don’t get it, they kick to contested kicks regularly and us down by 12 we kick to easy catches fir them. It’s simple rather than kick ti the ten metre line and they run another 5 metres, kick it to the twenty metre contested 50/50. Worst case, they get tackled within 2-3 metres as we have players there!!

I believe the Hammer try the ball came off JMKs chin then chest first and no knock on... At first I thought it was a definite knock on but the last replay showed it didn't come off his arms or hands
Fine but I thought the rule was you couldn't play on from an infringement if you yourself touched the ball into the opposition.

Agree it’s dumbfounding, even at the end when we where 12 points down. I don’t get it, they kick to contested kicks regularly and us down by 12 we kick to easy catches fir them. It’s simple rather than kick ti the ten metre line and they run another 5 metres, kick it to the twenty metre contested 50/50. Worst case, they get tackled within 2-3 metres as we have players there!!
Yep... Exactly

I say we probably miss out on Magic round nexr year. NRL usually give one of the weak teams the bye, and we haven’t had one yet.

A few positives for us. 1 Alamolo showed he should be our winger for rest of year.
2 - Sam Fainu has locked up an edge spot - we need to attack more down that side. This means Papali can play lock when he returns which he showed great signs against Knights.
3 - Sione Fainu showed promise. He showed more creativity in 1 game than Twal has all year. A few offloads and if we can teach Bula to get off him that’s a good thing. He and Pole provide real impact off the bench. Should persist.

another week of poor discipline and pedestrian attack which has led to a seventh consecutive loss. forwards tried hard but the backs and spine just weren’t at the races.
I must admit, Sullivan has had ample opportunity now to show us his ability; and he has now done that! No attacking flare, kicking average, get the backline moving, aahhhhh. Zero. Reggies or elsewhere
Come on Luai.

Reactions: BZN
We lack firepower, but a bigger issue is our cohesion IMO. The limited game time between our halves in addition to Galvin's lack of experience (no disrespect), means our game plan lacks finesse and organisation. Considering Bula has only played 38 games as well and our spine hasn't had much time together on the field, it's clear why there's a lack of cohesion. Our outside backs are also problematic. They are inconsistent and occasionally lack urgency, which only adds to our challenges on the field.
We often look disjointed and are predicting in attack.

I'm not sure what type of game plan the coaching staff have devised or implemented, but the poor game management and execution makes it difficult to orchestrate effective plays when we don't seem composed enough or capable of capitalising on any openings created for them.
Regardless of all this we've still had ample opportunity to win games. We just keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

If we're discussing the team's progress this year, I believe the ongoing team reshuffles (due to injured and suspended players) needs to be taken into account, as their leadership and skill are crucial to this.
Being on the positive side, we were without our two highest paid 2nd rowers, we lost both centres for 20 minutes, and a makeshift pack of forwards.
I think we did well to stay in the game as long as we did.
I thought Fainu, Api, Pole and Seyfarth played their hearts out along with Galvin's defence and limited attack opportunities.
Next year; with a better half and centre? Plus a couple more decent recruits we will win these type of games.

Latest posts

Members online

Back