LIVE GAME Round 15 vs. Titans

Live Game Discussion
Interesting that Brooks couldn't risk being shown up as a pretender with Api out to organise the side so he does his hammy instead.
I reckon there wouldn't have been a chance in hell Brooks could have kept his form up, and then then his form had been extremely hot and cold. We've sucked for most of the season a few 10-15 spells isn't enough
That’s a new low. Disgraceful post. Not his best game but he’s now injured trying to chase down a break and your questioning his character.

Playing lock might have also hampered his effectiveness. Was basically turned into a tackling dummy making almost 60 tackles and took away from his attacking input. Stick him back on his edge imo
That’s what I meant by targeted. They sent traffic at him all night.
Much more effective on an edge.

Wakeham - 3 errors, a penalty, some horrible kicks and was so slow getting back for their try.

Talau - 4 errors and 6 missed tackles.

Add losing Api early

Our forwards dropped 1 ball all night between them all night. Our props to give them credit made 88 tackles for 3 misses (Stef) and no erros but we're let down by those 2 in the backline
I was at the Game… Talau really Cruelled them tonight.. he was horrible,, Wakeham had a shocker , slow, sidewise running the support out of room and refused to run the ball himself…

I was at the game tonight and a few things stuck out.
Bula, although I like him really doesn’t seem that quick.
Talau was poor.
We looked very flat/disinterested/lost and as a result I’m feeling a bit flat/disinterested and lost with our team.
The ref was average at best.
Tino is a grub.

I don’t mind a loss, I don’t love it either but I want to see the fight, passion and trying and i didn’t see that tonight. I’ll rewatch it on tv later and see if it was the same.
Hoping for a bounce back but won’t be holding my breath.
Still a tiger for life.
Heads up Guys.

I was at the game tonight and a few things stuck out.
Bula, although I like him really doesn’t seem that quick.
Talau was poor.
We looked very flat/disinterested/lost and as a result I’m feeling a bit flat/disinterested and lost with our team.
The ref was average at best.
Tino is a grub.

I don’t mind a loss, I don’t love it either but I want to see the fight, passion and trying and i didn’t see that tonight. I’ll rewatch it on tv later and see if it was the same.
Hoping for a bounce back but won’t be holding my breath.
Still a tiger for life.
Heads up Guys.
I was surprised to see Bula make that break before HT only to get closed down by a forward. But then he ran down Campbell who is fast.

If it is broken in 2 places it would be very unlikely he will play again this year.
No I don't think jaws are like that. You screw them back together, the stitch it up and it mends like other bones in around 6-8 weeks. It's not invasive surgery, i.e. you don't need to cut deep, the face has great blood supply and it's not a load-bearing bone. Pretty sure you can even resume light cardio rapidly after you recover from the surgery.

The biggest issue is contact after healing and you can't wear protection on the jaw.

I'm not a doctor, this is just what I've read about in the past.

But consider that Chris Lawrence returned to footy in 14 weeks after having his face caved in (broken jaw, cracked palate, both cheekbones and both eye sockets broken).

The comp ends in 13 weeks from now for non-finals teams.

No I don't think jaws are like that. You screw them back together, the stitch it up and it mends like other bones in around 6-8 weeks. It's not invasive surgery, i.e. you don't need to cut deep, the face has great blood supply and it's not a load-bearing bone. Pretty sure you can even resume light cardio rapidly after you recover from the surgery.

The biggest issue is contact after healing and you can't wear protection on the jaw.

But consider that Chris Lawrence returned to footy in 14 weeks after having his face caved in (broken jaw, cracked palate, both cheekbones and both eye sockets broken).

yeah, 6-8 weeks for the bone to heal. Maybe another couple weeks on top if he loses too much weight.

If they have to wire the jaw to put plates in it, that is months of recovery.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He has had bugger all game time and was caught out a couple of times with his shoulders in and forward of the defensive line. A relatively easy fix with some game time under his belt.

I don't have too many concerns with Jake - he is not Api but I think he will hold his own.

My concern is how we fill the 6/7. If we keep Wakeham playing 7, and trust that is is worst game of the season, the 6 becomes the key to our next few weeks. I expect the options are: Laurie, Reilly or Toa at 6 or Smith at 7 and Wakeham at 6.

None of the combinations really excite me but Toa did show some flair there tonight. Nothing in his history suggests he is a 6, but if he could bring what he did to Val Homes maybe he could become a great find. FG is not usually the arena to experiment but with our lack of depth is he a better option than those we have been playing in Cup.
Can’t see Laurie in the halfs, as he doesn’t really have a kicking game. But he needs to be in the team I reckon. Just watching cup in attack, he’s got that little bit of spark and stands right out. Only thing is he wasn’t consistent when in first. Hope he gets another chance and takes it with both hands. Could put him in 9 now with the captain out

That was our most disappointing effort for around 6 weeks. Really looked like the old Tigers tonight. We were out enthused and out muscled. We simply didn’t put the work into that game and then we came up with some poor errors that took their toll trying to defend them.
Talau and Wakeham in particular had shockers and Bateman came up with his share of poor plays.
Our forwards were off the boil generally and that started last week I thought as well. Without them at least holding their own we rarely had the Titans worried.

Let's at least hope that thug who attacked Api gets a long stretch on the sideline. That said, expecting any justice from the NRL is like expecting to win Lotto without a ticket.

I certainly hope he makes a full and swift recovery and can get back on the field this year.Unfortunately i think our dreadful year has got far worse as Sheens has not managed to get the club winning when we are at full strength and i see little hope it will improve with Api out injured

Reactions: BZN

Staff online

Back