LIVE GAME Round 3 Discussion ••SPOILERS••

Live Game Discussion
To be fair they still be missing their inspiration (Tino) and Fifita from memory. I correct myself. Tino was out there till 14 mins to go. Its worse than I thought for the Titans.

Last edited:
I don't know how to even respond to this. The soccer reference is completely irrelevant to league. Soccer they compete for headers in the air, they compete for the ball on the ground at the same height. In league the defender is obligated to get lower. It's completely different. A league player won't be penalised for a head clash if they are competing for a loose ball, it's only in the more controlled defensive situation like the May tackle. Soccer just doesn't mean a thing in this.
Fair point. I hear you. Just if you will - if the defender is obligated to go lower then who's gonna stop him passing the ball to the unmarked winger if its a one on one situation?

Very hard for a team to function with a character like Latrell who draws more attention than the team and a lot of the time for the wrong reasons.
There must be players in that squad that will publically defend him but are frustrated with both his onfield and off field performance/antics.
I'm betting the coach doesn't have the support to manage him like other players in the team because its evident that even the NRL tip toe around any controversy surrounding him.
I wish Australian league players would stop trying to act like the American NBA and NFL players. Honestly it's cringe.

Thier window is closed . They should move off all 4 st the end of this year . But the problem with nrl is , if you try and rebuild unlike other sports with drafts and restricted free agency , it is really really difficult to get yourself out of the cellar , so it is not recommended to allow yourself to fall into it. Hence why there’s such a massive middle in the nrl right now.
Most other sports, if you weren’t in your window , it would be advisable to bottom out for high draft picks . So the middle is only a handful of teams . It’s basically sporting seppuku , to end up like us or the dogs .
So true, once you hit the bottom or near bottom in the NRL you are in for a hell of a battle to make the climb up. Everything is stacked against you including the salary cap that was implemented to level the comp out.

Really your only realistic hope is the pathways road and a wing and a prayer. Recruitment is really hard because you have to pay double odds to get a player to pen to paper and still most players will play elsewhere for less.

Anyway fingers crossed our pathways deliver big time over next ten years…well maybe not this year

The knives will be out for Des soon. Personally thought it was a strange choice of coach myself . Coast need a hard man to run the show, they are good with the flashy stuff, but go missing when it gets tuff

Dogs starting to gel a bit more each week. May knock off Souths next week.

I think they are building well.
They are showing up in key effort areas just not executing well until today.
They have clear weaknesses but it looks to me their plan is driving improvement which I would like to see with us.

The knives will be out for Des soon. Personally thought it was a strange choice of coach myself . Coast need a hard man to run the show, they are good with the flashy stuff, but go missing when it gets tuff
Titans have always been able to attack but are optional in defense . Now it looks like they’ve lost their spark in attack too
They’ll probably still beat us

I think they are building well.
They are showing up in key effort areas just not executing well until today.
They have clear weaknesses but it looks to me their plan is driving improvement which I would like to see with us.
Yep - I maintain they bought well for a team that is looking to get off the bottom of the ladder.

Back