LIVE GAME Round 4 discussion spoilers

Live Game Discussion
Rule Changes
That really were not needed and after today’s game will possibly be more changes added to them next season.

Line drop out

No penalty
if you kick it out on the full or don’t kick it the ten metres

Penalty
If you touch it before it goes 10 metres.

Scrum
Differential penalty
For any scrum infringement

Full penalty
If the defending team is inside the ten.

Rule Changes
That really were not needed and after today’s game will possibly be more changes added to them next season.

Line drop out

No penalty
if you kick it out on the full or don’t kick it the ten metres

Penalty
If you touch it before it goes 10 metres.

Scrum
Differential penalty
For any scrum infringement

Full penalty
If the defending team is inside the ten.
I'm wondering what the ruling is if a dropout travels say 30 mtrs but goes out on the full. Is it a penalty or a play the ball. If its a penalty at what point is a short dropout no longer deemed short?

I was told by a friend who is well connected with the NRL the main reason for changing the drop out rule was for concussion reasons. They are trying to avoid the long drop outs as that is one of the main causes of high impact collisions resulting in concussions. They are also looking at the kick off for the same reasons. Apparently they do not want to go public on it for what ever reason.

At first I thought someone was winding my friend up, but the more I think of it the more I think it may have legs. Anyway interesting theory

I was told by a friend who is well connected with the NRL the main reason for changing the drop out rule was for concussion reasons. They are trying to avoid the long drop outs as that is one of the main causes of high impact collisions resulting in concussions. They are also looking at the kick off for the same reasons. Apparently they do not want to go public on it for what ever reason.

At first I thought someone was winding my friend up, but the more I think of it the more I think it may have legs. Anyway interesting theory
Yeah I've read similar somewhere not long ago

Last edited:

Of course that would be true. Nothing surprising about it.

Is that because of the run up after catching a kick and hitting the defensive line?

Same could be said for the start of both halves and after every try wouldn't? And really any kick in play?

Not sure I understand the logic? 🤔

Reactions: BZN
Like who Yossarian? Not watching game. If you are too busy no problem. Just interesting comment. And thanks for the comment. Wasn't aware.
Brandon Wakeham,
Aaron Woods,
Asitasi James,
Austin Dyas

Few other first grade experienced players like Jakob Arthur, Josh Shuster, Dean Matterson, Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Ben Condon, Ray Vaega, Brad Parker & Ethan Bullemore.

Is that because of the run up after catching a kick and hitting the defensive line?

Same could be said for the start of both halves and after every try wouldn't? And really any kick in play?

Not sure I understand the logic? 🤔
Yep apparently they are looking at kick offs too.

Back