LIVE GAME Round 4 vs. Eels

Live Game Discussion
Re-watching the game, we got 2 penalties in the first 3 minutes.............then 1 penalty in the remaining 77 minutes....... this lopsided stuff is what turns a lot of people off, they were really holding us down a lot and slowing the play the ball. Every time we were getting back on top in the 1st half, trapping the Eels down in their half, the ref blew the whistle to get them out of trouble, meanwhile Faataape gets tackled without the ball and we get nothing (around the 15th minute).

2nd half at the 32nd minute, we should have been given a disruptor penalty, if that happened, Galvin wouldn't have made the hip drop tackle.

Too many unforced errors though, especially in that first 20 minutes, kept letting the Eels back in, but good to grind it out like we did despite the attack being off. Awesome defensive effort.

As for that last penalty, that should have gone to us as Bula was grabbed without the ball.

Last edited:
No Galvin next 2 weeks but in NSW cup 2 guys stood out Feledy and Naden
Who partners Olam next week .Faataape ? or one of these 2 ?
Note despite 46 % ball and 10-3 pen count and 1 in the bin
Benji did not call on Sullivan or AJ for even 1 minute ? not much of a vote of confidence there
I assume Sullivan starts at 6 next week ? He did have a shocker vs Raiders !
Thoughts
I doubt theyd have been selected if Benji wasnt confident in their capabilities ...this is Benji playing (bench usage) eyes up footy on the go, playing what he sees and reacting to the unexpected

He has a point though.

Blaming the refs for our poor discipline is the weak way out, we need to do a lot better in this regard.
We do need to improve we cant keep playing this way itll burn us out eventually

Roosters and Storm, Penrith to an extent do this as well, back their defence and infringe when they have to if theyre short one side or whatever...the last 20 minutes of the first half was bloody enormous I kept expecting them to crack but they held on.
That said I think M Moses was a huge out for them...hes gone for a while yeh?

Re-watching the game, we got 2 penalties in the first 3 minutes.............then 1 penalty in the remaining 77 minutes....... this lopsided stuff is what turns a lot of people off, they were really holding us down a lot and slowing the play the ball. Every time we were getting back on top in the 1st half, trapping the Eels down in their half, the ref blew the whistle to get them out of trouble, meanwhile Faataape gets tackled without the ball and we get nothing (around the 15th minute).

2nd half at the 32nd minute, we should have been given a disruptor penalty, if that happened, Galvin wouldn't have made the hip drop tackle.

Too many unforced errors though, especially in that first 20 minutes, kept letting the Eels back in, but good to grind it out like we did despite the attack being off. Awesome defensive effort.

As for that last penalty, that should have gone to us as Bula was grabbed without the ball.
I like to think im fairly unbiased when discussing our team, im the first to give it to them when its deserved and theyr playing like crap...and I rarely if ever complain about refs even if we win its as rare as hens teeth....but yesterday I really feel we were getting screwed, I was ready to give this ref the other week a good rap i forget the game but I thought he went well, think it may have been souths v someone
He wasnt that bad yesterday just leaning very ver heavily towards Parra
We all see it in neutral games and especially if i have $$ riding on it if it goes my way then hunky dory

That was such a great feeling yesterday. Every time we held them out the Tigers chant went up. Not sure if it came through on the TV but it was loud. Even the Cup side showed enormous resilience yesterday. Do proud. These boys really have brought in. Love every minute of it.
It came thru on TV very loudly...Parra fans obviously stunned how awesome eh

Let yourself go man and look at the game one eyed....... like the rest of us :ROFLMAO:
I won’t do that because I’m not a child.
Wins are hard enough to come by for this club without handing them to your opposition on a platter.
Should Parra have been penalised more? Yes.
That doesn’t take away from the fact we gave away so much field position and possession with poor ball control and lazy penalties.
This time our resilience was good enough. It’s a very hard and draining way to get a win though.
I’d be surprised if the team has enough in reserve to beat those Dolphins after that.

I’m so glad he is the Olam we witnessed in the good times at Storm. He runs and tackles as hard as anyone, with him and Bateman we are no longer the pushover team. Stefano is coming of age too.
They certainly have eyes for him when they on that side....
You guys cry into your pillows about how the refs hate us and the NRL have it out for us.
Im not a victim so I refuse to fall into such loser mentality.
We were our own worst enemy for reasons I discussed. This can be fixed. What you guys are saying can not.
Don't turn over so much ball, Won't get as tired defending.... Less fatigue = Less penalties.
Also a young side that might not always take the hard road...
WOW,

Didnt get to watch the Game as we were in Sydney CBD..."family Time" Grrrr

Only made it across the line

Was this justified????
I'm of the opinion that if Bud and AJ don't play it's always a good thing, as for the impact on the other boys backing up... We won't know until after the game Sat.

Fatigue leads to errors with every team. And if you want to win games you need to be able to defend you're errors and your line, which we have been poor at for as long as I can remember. We forced Parramatta to make errors through frustration at not getting a result with a mountain of possession - that's what good teams do. 24 sets to 17 at halftime.
To also hold a team to the two points they were awarded at the time of the sin binning demonstrated a complete change in mental attitude.
Everything in that game was set up for Parramatta to win it. We can always improve but it was a great performance from our team.

It was so good mate. Whenever we repelled them the chant went up. My wife (Parra fan) was shocked with how loud it was
I'd be really interested to know what impact that kind of fan support has on the players and the game. It must add at least a little lift to, especially tired, players. I only heard a radio broadcast of the game but the chanting came through loud and clear. My thanks to whoever in the crowd was instigating the big noise, it was great to hear.

Latest posts

Members online

Back