LIVE GAME Round 5 vs. Dolphins

Live Game Discussion
You didn't watch? At 14 10 and we have all the momentum then Sutton rules knock on against Api when the marker was shockingly offside right in front of his eyes. They then score 2 tries in 3 minutes instead of us attacking the Dolphins line. That call cost us any chance.

That said we didn't deserve to win, but that one call has to be acknowledged as the biggest turning point in the game and it was a real bad one.
It was a shocking call .. no excuses by one of the most experienced refs

You didn't watch? At 14 10 and we have all the momentum then Sutton rules knock on against Api when the marker was shockingly offside right in front of his eyes. They then score 2 tries in 3 minutes instead of us attacking the Dolphins line. That call cost us any chance.

That said we didn't deserve to win, but that one call has to be acknowledged as the biggest turning point in the game and it was a real bad one.

Sutton always gives the Queensland teams the upper hand in all games

Where do you think he should play?

On the right where he's always played b4 Tigers...
Even at brumbies academy. We've misused him badly,
he's fallen between the cracks because he's a Madge/
McDonnell signing. I would have played him at right
centre/fullback only. I'm not saying he's been mishandled
but I think I understand a part of why he's leaving us

his comment was from earlier in the game.

Also, did you listen to Sutton's explanation to Api? He was spot on. They weren't in position because Twal ran through the ruck and took them out of play. If anything it should have been a penalty the other way. Happened with 21min 30secs remaining if you care to rewatch it.

Our second row stocks are an issue. Bateman’s play and contract (cost and length) are a real concern. We have so few players that are top 17 quality in our 30 we probably need to stick with him for the year. Even if Seyfarth or Sam Fianu play in the second row Bateman will still likely have to be on the bench (unless the other Fianu comes on).

I’ve been critical of Staines but I think he’s having a crack. I can’t think of anyone in the squad I would play in front of him on the wing.
Staines effort is fine. His buddy on the other wing though is a pea heart.

Need to bring in Lobb. He was looking good in the trials. Might as well give him a go instead
If you think our current wingers are slow, wait till you see Lobb. Also made some poor defensive reads in Cup lately. He needs to improve defensively because outside of goal kicking and aerial ability, he doesn't offer too much unfortunately.

This is pretty much the performance I expected. As I said earlier in the week it was going to be a massive effort to get up again with a 5 day turnaround and plane trip.

While we were pretty ordinary I'm happy we hung in snd ended with a respectable scoreline. Shocking decision by Sutton cost us any chance but we didn't deserve to win.

I am not so sure on the last bit, as we didn't get the chance.

The game had turned around after half-time, with our boys well and truly on top, having completed at 100% up until the ref completely changed momentum of the match with a ridiculous decision.

Our second row stocks are an issue. Bateman’s play and contract (cost and length) are a real concern. We have so few players that are top 17 quality in our 30 we probably need to stick with him for the year. Even if Seyfarth or Sam Fianu play in the second row Bateman will still likely have to be on the bench (unless the other Fianu comes on).
The sooner we send him back to the UK and spend his money on someone decent, the better off we will be.

Reactions: Wiz
Sullivan

Bad - he didn’t chase on the first try and coming in and off creates no cohesion and he’s sh’t lol

Good - he had a few good runs and one good kick that maybe someone might buy him off us for full freight

Back