LIVE GAME Round 7 vs. Panthers

Live Game Discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not blaming the bench. It’s a collection of factors. Players aren’t positioning themselves in anticipation of the offload. The offloads themselves are also misdirected. These are growing pains of changing lineups. The players are still getting to know each other.
Additionally, our 5/8th is 3 games old.
An experienced and tight side would have won given that amount of possession and opportunities.
The shift passes from some of our middles and Sezer had players catching them at shoulder height - which is that slight lack of execution that stunts the movement and allows the defence to adjust.

It is a work in progress - but we have some quality players with the ability to execute under pressure - and those passes will be better directed and crisper over time.

@Vicious I am extremely impressed by Galvin's maturity and his natural ball play!

Point is we have completely new halves this season and a new head coach. It takes time to get combinations and continuity as a team. I believe we were the better team in this game, just lack of attack and finishing is the issue! That’s my point..,
Yes. We were the better team. Just not inbetween the ears.

The shift passes from some of our middles and Sezer had players catching them at shoulder height - which is that slight lack of execution that stunts the movement and allows the defence to adjust.

It is a work in progress - but we have some quality players with the ability to execute under pressure - and those passes will be better directed and crisper over time.

@Vicious I am extremely impressed by Galvin's maturity and his natural ball play!
Galvin although far from perfect this afternoon, is one shining light.
The possibility of Samuela Fainu playing on an edge and creating some havoc is another shining light.
The fact our starting props were as good if not better than the highly rated Panthers props for the first 20 minutes is another shining light.
The fact our attack looked 100 times better with the introduction of a 3rd playmaker in Latu Fainu is another shining light.

Have you ever watched Western Suburbs Magpies?
Yes I supported them and watched every game from the early 80’s onwards, their attack was never that bad.
I wish they would let us play a Massey Cup side just to prove a point on how bad our attack is.
It cannot be fixed if we keep trotting g out the same players each week and I know it’s hard as our reserves keep getting smashed, but something needs to change fast,

Galvin although far from perfect this afternoon, is one shining light.
The possibility of Samuela Fainu playing on an edge and creating some havoc is another shining light.
The fact our starting props were as good if not better than the highly rated Panthers props for the first 20 minutes is another shining light.
The fact our attack looked 100 times better with the introduction of a 3rd playmaker in Latu Fainu is another shining light.
Fainu is also very classy - it is not a problem going forward!

It's a blessing!

Faataape shouldn't have lost his spot to Naden.

Staines, however, should have.

Naden & Kepaoa on the wings next week. Faataape & Olam in the centres.

That said, having 3 playmakers on the field isn't impossible to achieve. Just move Galvin out to centre & give Fainu or Sezar a roaming role so that 2 playmakers on available on one side of the ruck on all occasions. Fainu one side, Galvin the other side, Sezar on both sides. Fittler did it with his multiple fullback formation for NSW- Turbo & Trell could move as required.

Or if you're about to scream how stupid it would be to move Galvin- play Fainu out wide for now. Either/or- big deal.

Or you let Galvin or Sezar play "#13" which is really #6.5 as they just play as a roaming playmaker.

To do that- you'll need wingers that can play like forwards to ease the workload (Kepaoa...)

Given how clunky our attacking lines are- having an unconventional attack isn't impossible to implement. That way, Bula can have the support role on whatever side we swing numbers too- playing as a centre or winger in the line to create the numbers.

I’ve never seen any NRL team in history attack any worse than what we did this afternoon.
Nah - you blocked out JT's fabulous run in 2017

We did not even create a chance in most of those heavy losses!

1713604094709.png

Faataape shouldn't have lost his spot to Naden.

Staines, however, should have.

Naden & Kepaoa on the wings next week. Faataape & Olam in the centres.

That said, having 3 playmakers on the field isn't impossible to achieve. Just move Galvin out to centre & give Fainu or Sezar a roaming role so that 2 playmakers on available on one side of the ruck on all occasions. Fainu one side, Galvin the other side, Sezar on both sides. Fittler did it with his multiple fullback formation for NSW- Turbo & Trell could move as required.

Or if you're about to scream how stupid it would be to move Galvin- play Fainu out wide for now. Either/or- big deal.

Or you let Galvin or Sezar play "#13" which is really #6.5 as they just play as a roaming playmaker.

To do that- you'll need wingers that can play like forwards to ease the workload (Kepaoa...)

Given how clunky our attacking lines are- having an unconventional attack isn't impossible to implement. That way, Bula can have the support role on whatever side we swing numbers too- playing as a centre or winger in the line to create the numbers.
Now we talking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back