LIVE GAME Round 8 vs. Broncos

Live Game Discussion
Agree but we need a lot more work in getting to the winger.
You get my point ?
All starts tackle one. Ironically if you’re copying Penriths power game, that’s on the wingers too.

Conclusion - BAGNF05 isn’t happy with our wingers.

I doubt if Anusley will apologise unless he is directly asked by a member of the press about the incident
He will just deflect to the interpretation to back up the refs. Even though the interpretation is wrong. It’s clearly possible to lose grip and regrip a league ball with one hand. And an easy thing to prove.

He needs to improved markedly because he's going to have some competition from Turuva who looked pretty good at the World Cup.
Turuva's ballplaying isn't great either. Our halves are going to have to do the majority of ballplaying and maybe a ballplaying lock would be handy too. Sort of like Penrith with Edwards playing one side of the ruck

Turuva's ballplaying isn't great either. Our halves are going to have to do the majority of ballplaying and maybe a ballplaying lock would be handy too. Sort of like Penrith with Edwards playing one side of the ruck
Brisbanes forwards are all huge though our blokes tackled well the size wears you down.We have 2 small backrowers when Bateman is there.We need 2 or 3 more Sams .Where have all the big blokes from out west gone.?

We've talked up a lot of players as being the answer to our lock situation for a long time now, I wonder if we will ever sort it out?

We've talked up a lot of players as being the answer to our lock situation for a long time now, I wonder if we will ever sort it out?
Locks are just as important as hookers and halfbacks in shifting momentum nowadays. Tallis Duncan would be my priority signing if Souths haven't locked him up

Locks are just as important as hookers and halfbacks in shifting momentum nowadays. Tallis Duncan would be my priority signing if Souths haven't locked him up
Apparently Richo said on ABC Grandstand yesterday unlikely any more external recruitment. Took this as, unless we cut a player under contract.

I'm sure we'll see how this season pans out to see the progress of Matamua, possibly Latu Fainu, Faagutu, Kit Laulilii, even Sione Fainu as lock solutions.

The scrutiny on Api try is insane, they looked as hard as they could to find something wrong even with Annesly doing the presser he is trying to justify it.
Though they barley looked at Broncs first try which was super close to being out.
I can cop the decision on Api try as long as they scrutinise every try the same way for every team!!

The scrutiny on Api try is insane, they looked as hard as they could to find something wrong even with Annesly doing the presser he is trying to justify it.
Though they barley looked at Broncs first try which was super close to being out.
I can cop the decision on Api try as long as they scrutinise every try the same way for every team!!

Different levels of scrutiny and application for different clubs.fairness and justice Anusley style

Apparently Richo said on ABC Grandstand yesterday unlikely any more external recruitment. Took this as, unless we cut a player under contract.

I'm sure we'll see how this season pans out to see the progress of Matamua, possibly Latu Fainu, Faagutu, Kit Laulilii, even Sione Fainu as lock solutions.
Let’s just run with the 29 players we have and not bother replacing anyone, they are all playing great.

I like that they have put Kit, Solo Saukuru and Faagutu "back" to Massey Cup for Ryde-Eastwood to harden them up playing at open-age level rather than with kids their age.

Personally I'm not sold on Kit - but I do rate Faagutu as a genuine-all rounder as a hard running lock with excellent footwork who combines that with some silky ball handling and soft hands.

He scored the match winning try in Flegg two weeks ago - and scored another strong try in his Massey debut - as did Saukuru (who showed plenty for his age in the Fijian/PNG Test series).

Good move by the coaching staff with a clear view to the future!

From everything I've seen and heard, particularly coming though, it's the exact opposite.

I like that they have put Kit, Solo Saukuru and Faagutu "back" to Massey Cup for Ryde-Eastwood to harden them up playing at open-age level rather than with kids their age.

Personally I'm not sold on Kit - but I do rate Faagutu as a genuine-all rounder as a hard running lock with excellent footwork who combines that with some silky ball handling and soft hands.

He scored the match winning try in Flegg two weeks ago - and scored another strong try in his Massey debut - as did Saukuru (who showed plenty for his age in the Fijian/PNG Test series).

Good move by the coaching staff with a clear view to the future!
I agree mate.

It's nice to see some patience taken with some of our better prospects.

Be nice if first grade defenses were on their heels like that when we were attacking the line. Benji and the coaches need to find a way to get faster PTB’s and attack the edges with some variety.
Getting rid of Twal would be a good start...

He got turned over in every run he made against the Broncos for a dominant tackle (not assisted by his lateral running against a quick swarming defence).

Getting rid of Twal would be a good start...

He got turned over in every run he made against the Broncos for a dominant tackle (not assisted by his lateral running against a quick swarming defence).
I noticed him crab running like Noffa but in first gear. A plodder like that regressing, great.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back