LIVE GAME Round 9 vs. Bulldogs

Live Game Discussion
Curran yes. Salmon and Mann are garbage and for that reason would actually fit perfectly in at our club.
Look at salmon and manns work rate , tackles made and hit ups and compare it to our bludgers , than u can maybe make a statement

It's fairly obvious Badger was bad. I think bias, cheating calls etc are probably a little harsh- but I can't take away the frustration we all feel watching that, so let's just agree it looked....lopsided.

Her touch judges were awful. The forward pass from Kikau that rolled right in front of the touch judge. The Sam Fainu "knock on". What were the touchies doing? I think as bad as Badger was- her team was, in general, unable to do the job in front of them. The repeated leg pulls from Crighton that are left unmentioned.

My biggest gripe was actually toward the end of the 1st half when Badger kept waving 6 again while the Tigers defended their line. The time she was 'allowing' our players to disengage was so minimal, it felt like a touch football match. 6 again!

When the possession stats came up half way through the second half & the Tigers were a perfect 4/4 but the Dogs were 13/15 at the same time- questions needed to be asked.

That forward pass though....even Ennis said it was an awful call.

Sorry X, which of our players threw a forward pass that neither the touchy nor ref called? You can't call Captain's Challenge on forward passes and The Blind Badger knew that. "Play on" she called!
Which of our players rushed in to cause a melee over a nothing burger airswing?
Try defending yourself when your arms are pinned and the opposing hooker has your jersey neckline in his grip twisting it around your throat.
Try defending your line after countless set restarts and penalties - They only broke once in the 1st half.
Then The Dogs rushed - they were offside all 2nd half and didn't care - The Blind Badger failed miserably to make this a fair contest.

But yeah, "our players" ... down to 11 with 8 to go - I'll say it again ... The Dogs did not score. I was hanging out for an 8 point try to get us into Golden Point. That is how close we came with just 11 men vs 14.

Look at salmon and manns work rate , tackles made and hit ups and compare it to our bludgers , than u can maybe make a statement
I’ve made my statement and I stand by it. They are plodders and if they signed with us they’d be playing at the same garbage level as all those type of signings for us do.

It's fairly obvious Badger was bad. I think bias, cheating calls etc are probably a little harsh- but I can't take away the frustration we all feel watching that, so let's just agree it looked....lopsided.

Her touch judges were awful. The forward pass from Kikau that rolled right in front of the touch judge. The Sam Fainu "knock on". What were the touchies doing? I think as bad as Badger was- her team was, in general, unable to do the job in front of them. The repeated leg pulls from Crighton that are left unmentioned.

My biggest gripe was actually toward the end of the 1st half when Badger kept waving 6 again while the Tigers defended their line. The time she was 'allowing' our players to disengage was so minimal, it felt like a touch football match. 6 again!

When the possession stats came up half way through the second half & the Tigers were a perfect 4/4 but the Dogs were 13/15 at the same time- questions needed to be asked.

That forward pass though....even Ennis said it was an awful call.
Bad as in she is still learning???? Or bad as in corrupt???

The momentum of the game changed when Latu Fainu came on at Dummy Half to replace Simpkin.

Our attack stalled, kickers were constantly rushed, our kicks suffered as a result.

Not a knock on Fainu. He's just too slow with his service at dummy half.

We were on top in both score & flow of play- our attack immediately stalled on his arrival.

This probably belongs in the KOE thread. But in reply to Hank.......maybe it's not the players but the coach? I'm not sure, just asking a question, but what was Paynes coaching credentials before coming here?

Reactions: BZN
The momentum of the game changed when Latu Fainu came on at Dummy Half to replace Simpkin.

Our attack stalled, kickers were constantly rushed, our kicks suffered as a result.

Not a knock on Fainu. He's just too slow with his service at dummy half.

We were on top in both score & flow of play- our attack immediately stalled on his arrival.
Maybe. Simpkin doesn't help the other forwards because he never engages the markers and takes them on. The only time he does is when he goes for the u/10 dive over from dummy half. He held his own quite well today except engaging markers.

Simpkin played well. No nonsense first grader there - would like to see him play some more games off the bench to give Api a rest though understand the logic of having Latu at 14.

Tonight showed even with the growth of our young forwards, we really are another starter short (at a minimum). Would love to see a back rower so Bateman can go to bench and Papali’i can move into the middle rotation. Next year I think Pole should be ready to move into the starting front row too (hopefully!) as Klemmer really needs to move to the bench.

Samuela Fainu seems to have found his place on the edge which surprised me - thought he was a middle. Good young player.

Can’t really disagree … but they just don’t have the players …their squad is still fhe worst in the NRL…

The Bulldogs are improving… but they are mid level at best … but look at some of the talent they have in that team ..Kikau, Creighton,Burton and JAC… they are way better than the Tigers
Yep they dont have the cattle, but theres things wrong beyond a lack of talent imo. The decision making, lack of composure and total inability to build pressure are things that are so ingrained at this club

Latest posts

Staff online

Back