OFFICIAL SG Ball Cup

Mikey Nasser only turned 17 this year he has been out with a fractured knee cap and the Roosters haven't rushed him but they think that much of the kid he has been named at fullback this week just before the semi finals for SG Ball. I watched him against Panthers 3 weeks back and he caused chaos setting up two tries, he is taller and quicker than he was last year. The Roosters I think are undefeated in SG Ball so it says something if he has been named in their starting line up 2 years young and they want him ready for the semis. I hope they get him back to us, the family are Tigers through and through.
If he’s only 17 this season why wouldn’t the Roosters have played him in their Harold Matthews team when left out of their SG Ball squad.
Makes no sense, that indicates to me that he has already turned or does turn 18 at some stage in 2024.
Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a good prospect, it also doesn’t change the fact he’d have better opportunities back with Wests Tigers.
Wests Tigers can’t beg these players to stay, they need to show a bit of commitment and respect for the jersey.

There is a reasonable age gap between the two to suggest this may not have been the case.

I thought it was Fulton. He rated the kids coming through Blacktown/Manly more highly.
They're actually practically the same age. Both 18...

Latu could be playing sg ball but is in NSW Cup instead because he dominated ball a few years back...

Not just related to Nassar but check out the Roosters team sheets through the grades this week. All ex Tigers fullbacks.

Tedesco - NRL
Pauga - NSW Cup
Cathane Hill - Flegg
Nassar - SG Ball

I see Levi Conti is also at Roosters SG Ball too.

Not just related to Nassar but check out the Roosters team sheets through the grades this week. All ex Tigers fullbacks.

Tedesco - NRL
Pauga - NSW Cup
Cathane Hill - Flegg
Nassar - SG Ball

Can we pick em then?
I mean Pauga was absolutely useless with us.
But why is it that the Roosters see value.
Sure he is likely to be paid 100k for a top 30 contract so helps their top tier out but is it just that or is there talent there we were unable to harness?

Can we pick em then?
I mean Pauga was absolutely useless with us.
But why is it that the Roosters see value.
Sure he is likely to be paid 100k for a top 30 contract so helps their top tier out but is it just that or is there talent there we were unable to harness?
He was always a strong ball runner and scored some good tries for us playing NSW Cup for the Magpies, but always had defensive issues and not real good under the high ball.
Watching him for the Roisters nothing much has changed, but they see depth value out of his strong ball running.

Last edited:

Tedesco - NRL
Pauga - NSW Cup
Cathane Hill - Flegg
Nassar - SG Ball

Our recruitment, talent identifiers need to pull the finger out or be replaced.
I hope they have a new direction from "above" on what to look for in players.
I feel they have turned the corner? Fingers crossed.

Tedesco - NRL
Pauga - NSW Cup
Cathane Hill - Flegg
Nassar - SG Ball

We have so many good juniors we are developing at the moment we have to use other crappy sides like the roosters to get them some game time, strategic development. Teddy is almost ready.

If we wanted to make the finals we wouldn't have played Tal and Kit up so high so soon. Missed opportunity. 3/4 teams failed this season.
Yes winning isn't everything, but for a club with an ingrained culture of failure and half assing things I thought we would have made a bigger effort to get our boys aiming for and not settling for anything but success.

Back