Stacey Jones the new NZ coach. He's got it in him,
only his consistency has alluded him over the years

The more I think about it the more I like Doueihi at
13 when he gets back provided Olam stays on the
park. 13 or 14. To'a still has something to offer imo
he should be aiming 2 get back 2 rep rugby with
Doueihi first has to prove he can play football of a decent quality in reserves when he is cleared to play...

If you think Seyfarth got steam-rolled by Suli (as he indeed did) - get fair dinkum and imagine Doueihi at 13 in that exact scenario...

He would have been even less effective - or most likely arm-grabbed to avoid the collision as he did at fullback for fear of being run over and hurt!

Seyfarth at least put his body in front - which Doueihi NEVER does!

Every team knows it and calls him as a spot player in defence!

Imagine Douehi Vs Tino ffs!!

I am happy to say I have seen more ability and toughness from young Galvin in one trial than I have ever seen from Doueihi!

Some of us are writing off Matamua and Tumeth far too early.
They both played and started in an extremely dominant NSW u/19’s team in 2022 they did not reach that level without having talent.
I’ll say it again many young forwards take a couple of seasons to toughen up, mature and make the transition to open age rugby league.
I hope we give them a chance to see what they can do in NSW Cup early this season before making any decision on them.
Gus Gould says you can’t judge a forward until they are 24 years of age.

Yep, flyhalf & fullback for joey's XV while boarding.
He was captain too. Such a phenom back then man
Played against my son in a trial when my son played for Oakhill. We'd heard he was a gun. Didn't run the ball once, just shovelled it out to the centres all game. He was that good he didn't need to prove it to anyone.

Doueihi first has to prove he can play football of a decent quality in reserves when he is cleared to play...

If you think Seyfarth got steam-rolled by Suli (as he indeed did) - get fair dinkum and imagine Doueihi at 13 in that exact scenario...

He would have been even less effective - or most likely arm-grabbed to avoid the collision as he did at fullback for fear of being run over and hurt!

Seyfarth at least put his body in front - which Doueihi NEVER does!

I am happy to say I have seen more ability and toughness from young Galvin in one trial than I have ever seen from Doueihi!

Definitely has to play a game or a few halves in KOE.
Think people (not saying you snide) are blurring lines
between his talent/ability and his attitude before
he got injured - which granted was a bit poor. The
hands on hips, picking up mouthguard, fake cramp
etc. Also his contract situation left a sour taste in
people's mouth too but there is no denying he can
play & bust a game open as evidenced throughout
his career. He's a big body and can shirt front guys,
his sliding defence is a bit suss I'll give you that.
But ppl are quick 2 forget how big & skilful he is

Played against my son in a trial when my son played for Oakhill. We'd heard he was a gun. Didn't run the ball once, just shovelled it out to the centres all game. He was that good he didn't need to prove it to anyone.

Haha love it. Oakhill are still ISA, right? They had
some great battles with SCEGGS & SACS back in
the day. Blue Mountains Grammar too. Good times!

Haha love it. Oakhill are still ISA, right? They had
some great battles with SCEGGS & SACS back in
the day. Blue Mountains Grammar too. Good times!
Yeh still ISA. Was always a good rugby comp, pretty evenly contested and no rubbish. Refs controlled it very well.

From what I’ve heard around the league - Fox is likely to end up on the market this year with all the dogs outside backs options 2-5 not including JAC:

Bronson Xerri
Jacob Kiraz
Blake Wilson
Stephen Crithon
Connor Tracey

They’re also in dialogue with the May brothers including Taylan. That may give you an idea on there thoughts about JAC as Dogs would let him go and might be active in that approach at some point in the season given there depth and his $.

Personally, I don’t think Fox has lost his speed and ability I still consider him an assist with his pace and experience. Absolutely nobody last year barring Jacob Preston looked good considering the talent on the field.

The year before he was scoring 4 tries for Australia and was considered one of the best wingers in the world and he’s only 28.

I think his experience with success but also on a side with Olam who have won competitions together - on a discounted price of course for about 375k and Dogs cover 75k-100 or around that region I’d welcome it.

Some experience as well to our fresh batch of wingers coming through in Lobb, Lualili and Willet. Think he still has a quality 2 years left in him and would add a lot of value and at not as costly as a figure as people may think.

I’d want Taylan tbh but seems likely Roosters may grab him with Manu looking like hist most likely gone and Suallili officially too.
Fox would be a good pick up.
I too wouldn’t be surprised to see the May brothers including even Tyrone end up at the Roosters together. Seems a Robinson thing to do and I think they value Terrell immensely.

The more I think about it the more I like Doueihi at
13 when he gets back provided Olam stays on the
park. 13 or 14. To'a still has something to offer imo
he should be aiming 2 get back 2 rep rugby with
I tend to think Doueihi is going to occupy Galvins 14 position when he returns unless Galvin is absolutely braining it and there is no chance of him being dropped back to the lower grades.

Western Tigers Mt Druitt but was picked up by the Rah Rahs and gifted a spot at Joey's and then trained as a Tah from 15 then signed as a Waratah at 16 - so whatever RL he played was well over 20 odd years ago and the game has changed a lot since then. For a start - we now have colour TV.
They played at North Ryde Hawks together...Im happy you have a TV

Does anybody think we should have a look at the possibility of signing Angus Crichton ?
I know he’s already rejected us, but he certainly now looks on the outer at the Roosters and he may have a point to prove.
Like any potential signing the cost would most likely be an issue, but if he wasn’t asking for ridiculously money he could be worth taking a risk on for 2024 and 2025.

Does anybody think we should have a look at the possibility of signing Angus Crichton ?
I know he’s already rejected us, but he certainly now looks on the outer at the Roosters and he may have a point to prove.
Like any potential signing the cost would most likely be an issue, but if he wasn’t asking for ridiculously money he could be worth taking a risk on for 2024 and 2025.
given our back row depth we'd be stupid not to look into it. Richo would likely have recruited him to Souths while he was there too.

three Chooks players in Egan Butcher, Connor Watson and Crichton can't even make the bench and would walk backwards into our side. although they are cheating in broad daylight at this point, we definitely need to be asking questions about their availability.

I’m sick of buying players where their current team donot want

By all reports he is unfortunately Cooked

He’s on the outer because he’s been ravaged with injuries and is going to union.

From what I’ve heard around the league - Fox is likely to end up on the market this year with all the dogs outside backs options 2-5 not including JAC:

Bronson Xerri
Jacob Kiraz
Blake Wilson
Stephen Crithon
Connor Tracey

They’re also in dialogue with the May brothers including Taylan. That may give you an idea on there thoughts about JAC as Dogs would let him go and might be active in that approach at some point in the season given there depth and his $.

Personally, I don’t think Fox has lost his speed and ability I still consider him an assist with his pace and experience. Absolutely nobody last year barring Jacob Preston looked good considering the talent on the field.

The year before he was scoring 4 tries for Australia and was considered one of the best wingers in the world and he’s only 28.

I think his experience with success but also on a side with Olam who have won competitions together - on a discounted price of course for about 375k and Dogs cover 75k-100 or around that region I’d welcome it.

Some experience as well to our fresh batch of wingers coming through in Lobb, Lualili and Willet. Think he still has a quality 2 years left in him and would add a lot of value and at not as costly as a figure as people may think.

I’d want Taylan tbh but seems likely Roosters may grab him with Manu looking like hist most likely gone and Suallili officially too.
I wouldn't be opposed to JAC in for the next 2 years & moving Tupou onto the Dolphins straight away.

Keeps us at 29 in the top 30.

Sign Angus Crighton from the Chooks to make 30.

Hopefully release Tumeth as well to free the spot back up.

I would like to keep Matamua & give him a crack at 13.

Back