Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think 60-80 minutes in Flegg or NSW cup is best for him at the moment. Whoever plays 14 is likely in for for 15-20 minutes in NRL and probably not great for development. I think he'll be needed during the origin period, no need for him to play NRL until then unless something happens to Api IMO.

Similar story for Latu IMO, needs to play minutes.
Yes agreed but will that keep him interested knowing API is around for a few more years

Sounds like his transition is harder than anticipated
Nothing to do with a transition, all he has to do is use his size to advantage by running hard and tackling hard.
He’s 6 foot 5, has a physique like a beast and is more than quick enough, but so far he’s shown he doesn’t like the contact which comes with succeeding as an NRL player.
Not totally impossible for his mindset to change, but not looking good so far.

22yo, rangy with a bit of pace, and from the limited amount I have seen of him he just looks up for it. Looked good in the trials and scored a hattrick against the Magpies in KOE.
Could just be good against average opposition, but he is also stuck behind some very good centres at Canberra. He's worth a try, seems too good for reserve grade.

A little bit of a young Curtis Scott about him....
We have a couple blokes he'd be an upgrade on.

The forgotten man at the moment is TDS, he is going to need some bench time to keep him interested. So how they manage Latu,Bud and TDS is not going to be easy.

I disagree. He knows when Api will leave & also knows right now his pathway.

We need him to get miles and fitness into the body over next 2yrs with then occasional bench time mixed with cover for Api if he plays NSW+Injury+Rest.

This impacted Jake’s development a heap having not played during covid + being on the bench for a few years.

TDS shouldn’t get week to week 10-20min bench runs as that will impact him longer term

I’m not giving up on him yet but he’s further off than I thought. Don’t know where his confidence is. Needs to score a few tries I think.
He's significantly better than Tupou or O'Reilly were in their first couple of NSW Cup games, but still a long way off.

He could be great. Looks built for footy. Where is he?
He was on the sideline supporting the NSW Cup boys against Canberra a fortnight ago, so either can't make the Cup team atm with Lobb & Alaimalo holding the wings or in final stages of conditioning for a return after ACL 13 months ago.

Does anybody know if our Cup players will drop back to Ron Massey Cup with Ryde Eastwood if not selected that week for Cup?

The forgotten man at the moment is TDS, he is going to need some bench time to keep him interested. So how they manage Latu,Bud and TDS is not going to be easy.
Ive mentioned before that a mate from work is best mates with tallyns dad, from what he has told me is tallyn has no interest in going anywhere absolutely loves the tigers always has so that could be the biggest key to keeping him long term. He's happy to learn his craft and get game time when he can. That and the fact he's learning of 2 of the best hookers to lace up a boot is definitely in our favour

Ive mentioned before that a mate from work is best mates with tallyns dad, from what he has told me is tallyn has no interest in going anywhere absolutely loves the tigers
While I don’t doubt that is true, all of that could change if rival clubs start throwing big money around.

Ive mentioned before that a mate from work is best mates with tallyns dad, from what he has told me is tallyn has no interest in going anywhere absolutely loves the tigers always has so that could be the biggest key to keeping him long term. He's happy to learn his craft and get game time when he can. That and the fact he's learning of 2 of the best hookers to lace up a boot is definitely in our favour
Thanks for sharing.

If we somehow start 2025 with the following backline then I think we will be in for a fun year:

1 Bula
2 Staines
3 Lomax
4 Olam
5 Fox
I agree about Lomax but not at any, inflated price -> IMHO, anything above $400k for him is too much for what he offers as a centre.
We are not anymore forced to sign anyone just because they are 20% better from what we have ATM. So, we must consider players that would have the real, immediate impact e.g. Manu, Crichton et al or consider cheaper, young, fast, aggressive centres.

Re the LW, I prefer Koroibete to JAC ;)

While I don’t doubt that is true, all of that could change if rival clubs start throwing big money around.
100% mate completely agree. Itd be hard to say no to the big money. From all reports he sounds like a really top kid and he's old boy is a really great bloke and old school tigers fan. Hopefully that will be enough to keep him when the big money does get thrown around. I rate him very highly and hope we can hang on to him the club have big wraps on him so hopefully they have something sorted for him before he goes off contract

Back