Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Would still go for Crichton,with Tamou,Laurie,and Blore,he would feel at home.Worth whatever we spend.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271163) said:
@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271160) said:
@the_third said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271151) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271149) said:
@the_third said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271148) said:
@Tigerstar said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271096) said:
Come home Teddy lol

Writing is on the wall. Roosters dropping him like a hot potato. They want a 3 yr contract and just signed a kid who will play fullback after that. He wants 5yrs... writing is in the wall. He is done there

or.........he is assured a lucrative three year contract.

He wants more than that. I reckon he may leave if he doesn’t get 5

He’s 29 in 2022. A 5 year extension would be crazy.

He probably wouldn’t come back but we should be offering him a $1m+ a year 3 deal to bring him back.

He's demonstrated twice he doesn't want to be at WTs. Why be Plan B for him?

If I was him I would consider coming back here and helping us win a comp to be a rubber stamp on immortal status and pushing for it. After having made a fortune and won several comps there I'd probably even take unders to ensure I had good players with me.

@Russell said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271201) said:
Going after the wrong Crichton imo.

I really don't get Angus. Burst onto the scene and looked like a hall of famer and since being at the Roosters has mostly been pretty average until literally Origin this year and now he looks like his old self again. I wonder if he had Mono or something.

@Tigerjan said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271214) said:
Interesting read from the DT if true that the dogs are now tossing up between going after Crighton or JAC considering dogs have recently met with JAC.

This article is from the The Daily Telegraph issue of Thursday, 26 Nov

Burton in the bag & a quality dilemma

A FUTURE NSW Origin star - or the Blues’ fastest man?

This is the enviable dilemma that suddenly confronts the Canterbury brains trust who are deliberating over whether to pursue outstanding Penrith centre Stephen Crichton or NSW Origin and Storm flyer Josh Addo-Carr .

Although Canterbury can’t afford to sign both, it illustrates how quickly things have changed at Belmore.

Just over 12 months after being frozen out of the transfer market by a lopsided salary cap, the Bulldogs are the club that every other rival is looking over their shoulder at.

The Dogs’ next step in their recruitment is to add legitimate speed and attacking strike to their backline and it’s Crichton or Addo-Carr who they want.

Crichton has told those close to him his preference is to extend his future beyond his current 2021 deal at Penrith, while the Dogs believe that it could take as much as $700,000 a season to prize the Blues extended squad member out of his current home.

That size salary for a centre is elitelevel money with Kiwi Test centre Joey Manu on an equivalent contract at the Roosters.

But the Bulldogs - like the rest of the code - know how much upside and talent Crichton has.

Which is why the Bulldogs are in the process of weighing up their financial capability to make a serious play for Crichton, or whether to continue chasing Addo-Carr , who toured the club’s facilities this week.

Addo-Carr isn‘t available until the end of his current contract with the Storm at the end of 2021.

One thing is for certain: the Dogs are on a roll. With money to spend and coach Trent Barrett promising a new way for Canterbury, the club pulled off yet another major coup on Wednesday with the acquisition of talented Penrith half Matt Burton.

As first revealed by The Daily Telegraph online yesterday, Burton has penned a two-year deal from 2022 with an option in his favour for a third season. Penrith were never a chance to match the Bulldogs and the Sharks offers - who also offered Burton a deal of close to $620,000 a season.

Barrett‘s relationship with Burton, having worked together over the past 12-months at Penrith, was what knocked the Sharks out of the race.

Burton still has next season to run on his contract at Penrith, but it’s almost certain that the 20-year-old and his management will request a release to join the Bulldogs immediately.

Penrith are adamant they won’t be forthcoming with a release unless there is a suitable replacement or swap player offered.

“Having someone of Matt’s ability want to be part of what we are building here at Belmore is exciting for everyone involved at the club and all our Members and fans,’’ Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill said.

Burton will be given first shot at steering the new-look Dogs in 2021 alongside fellow Bulldogs recruit and halfback Kyle Flanagan.

Burton, who has been targeted as a five-eighth to play alongside Sydney Roosters recruit and halfback Kyle Flanagan, has informed the Bulldogs he’s committed to joining the club on a two-year deal with the potential for an option for a third year. Burton is contracted to Penrith until the end of 2021 — and will now be drawn into debate on whether he will request an immediate release for next season.

The rookie playmaker informed Penrith coach Ivan Cleary and Cronulla , who were also chasing his signature , of his decision on Tuesday. With Burton set to depart, the Panthers will focus on retaining star young centre Stephen Crichton, who has also attracted attention from rival clubs.

Crichton, 19, is under contract until the end of next year, with Penrith’s new offer, if successful, to take him off the market until after 2024

Copyright © 2020 News Pty Limited

That article was written by the Bulldogs media team.

I do find it funny that the media have not mentioned once that the dogs have overpaid for there players. If these signings were at the Tigers we would be back page about us paying overs for players just to get them to play for us.. Burton is way overs but its all praise.. Just shows there is an agenda there and the only way we can fix it is to win....

@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271301) said:
I do find it funny that the media have not mentioned once that the dogs have overpaid for there players. If these signings were at the Tigers we would be back page about us paying overs for players just to get them to play for us.. Burton is way overs but its all praise.. Just shows there is an agenda there and the only way we can fix it is to win....

I think that’s yet to be seen. Cotric is only 22 and has already played Origin. Burton could be anything. They could end up being really good signings

@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271301) said:

Burton could be a steal for under 500 k Jonesy ....have to wait and find out

@facepalmer said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271266) said:

I really don't get Angus. Burst onto the scene and looked like a hall of famer and since being at the Roosters has mostly been pretty average until literally Origin this year and now he looks like his old self again. I wonder if he had Mono or something.

Crichton was good in 2020 overall ...now that the majority of the ball comes his side with LM gone ...bring Crichton and Manu over as a deal ...that works for me ...anyone else ??

@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271297) said:
@Tigerjan said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271214) said:
Interesting read from the DT if true that the dogs are now tossing up between going after Crighton or JAC considering dogs have recently met with JAC.

This article is from the The Daily Telegraph issue of Thursday, 26 Nov

Burton in the bag & a quality dilemma

A FUTURE NSW Origin star - or the Blues’ fastest man?

This is the enviable dilemma that suddenly confronts the Canterbury brains trust who are deliberating over whether to pursue outstanding Penrith centre Stephen Crichton or NSW Origin and Storm flyer Josh Addo-Carr .

Although Canterbury can’t afford to sign both, it illustrates how quickly things have changed at Belmore.

Just over 12 months after being frozen out of the transfer market by a lopsided salary cap, the Bulldogs are the club that every other rival is looking over their shoulder at.

The Dogs’ next step in their recruitment is to add legitimate speed and attacking strike to their backline and it’s Crichton or Addo-Carr who they want.

Crichton has told those close to him his preference is to extend his future beyond his current 2021 deal at Penrith, while the Dogs believe that it could take as much as $700,000 a season to prize the Blues extended squad member out of his current home.

That size salary for a centre is elitelevel money with Kiwi Test centre Joey Manu on an equivalent contract at the Roosters.

But the Bulldogs - like the rest of the code - know how much upside and talent Crichton has.

Which is why the Bulldogs are in the process of weighing up their financial capability to make a serious play for Crichton, or whether to continue chasing Addo-Carr , who toured the club’s facilities this week.

Addo-Carr isn‘t available until the end of his current contract with the Storm at the end of 2021.

One thing is for certain: the Dogs are on a roll. With money to spend and coach Trent Barrett promising a new way for Canterbury, the club pulled off yet another major coup on Wednesday with the acquisition of talented Penrith half Matt Burton.

As first revealed by The Daily Telegraph online yesterday, Burton has penned a two-year deal from 2022 with an option in his favour for a third season. Penrith were never a chance to match the Bulldogs and the Sharks offers - who also offered Burton a deal of close to $620,000 a season.

Barrett‘s relationship with Burton, having worked together over the past 12-months at Penrith, was what knocked the Sharks out of the race.

Burton still has next season to run on his contract at Penrith, but it’s almost certain that the 20-year-old and his management will request a release to join the Bulldogs immediately.

Penrith are adamant they won’t be forthcoming with a release unless there is a suitable replacement or swap player offered.

“Having someone of Matt’s ability want to be part of what we are building here at Belmore is exciting for everyone involved at the club and all our Members and fans,’’ Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill said.

Burton will be given first shot at steering the new-look Dogs in 2021 alongside fellow Bulldogs recruit and halfback Kyle Flanagan.

Burton, who has been targeted as a five-eighth to play alongside Sydney Roosters recruit and halfback Kyle Flanagan, has informed the Bulldogs he’s committed to joining the club on a two-year deal with the potential for an option for a third year. Burton is contracted to Penrith until the end of 2021 — and will now be drawn into debate on whether he will request an immediate release for next season.

The rookie playmaker informed Penrith coach Ivan Cleary and Cronulla , who were also chasing his signature , of his decision on Tuesday. With Burton set to depart, the Panthers will focus on retaining star young centre Stephen Crichton, who has also attracted attention from rival clubs.

Crichton, 19, is under contract until the end of next year, with Penrith’s new offer, if successful, to take him off the market until after 2024

Copyright © 2020 News Pty Limited

Could possibly be true then

That article was written by the Bulldogs media team.

Put in an offer for LUI as well.After losing Burton, and Crichton on the market as well as others looking for upgrades they must be missing a lot of sleep.

With a signing like Crichton it would show the way our club is moving and encourage others to come.We would lose the tag of POOR COUSINS.

Got injured at some point and lost his starting spot. Has mostly been filling in various positions since then. His numbers for 2020 were incredible.

@Kazoo-Kid said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271354) said:

Got injured at some point and lost his starting spot. Has mostly been filling in various positions since then. His numbers for 2020 were incredible.

Yeah I just can't put my Finger on it

Even then he was rocks and diamonds for mine, but like every single player of top grade ability, he would be a good addition at the right dollars.

Apparently Seyfarth's resigning with us for another year is official. Its on twitter.

https://twitter.com/EverythingWests/status/1331803650012790784/photo/1

@JD-Tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271363) said:
Apparently Seyfarth's resigning with us for another year is official. Its on twitter.

Not a fan tbh. Hope it’s only for a year.

Considering how little options there are for new signings we could do a lot worse than a 21 year old local junior who’s played a good amount of junior reps and was our 20’s player of the year not long ago

Obviously his debut games weren’t that great but happy to let him sign on minimum wage and continue to develop for us. Only a one year deal too so not bad

@JC99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271369) said:

Considering how little options there are for new signings we could do a lot worse than a 21 year old local junior who’s played a good amount of junior reps and was our 20’s player of the year not long ago

Obviously his debut games weren’t that great but happy to let him sign on minimum wage and continue to develop for us. Only a one year deal too so not bad

Agree. I don't really rate him at this stage, but if he can bulk himself up the same way McIntyre did he could improve.

@Cairnstigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271356) said:
@Kazoo-Kid said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1271354) said:

I really don't get Angus. Burst onto the scene and looked like a hall of Famer and since being at the Roosters has mostly been pretty average until literally Origin this year and now he looks like his old self again. I wonder if he had Mono or something.

Yeah I just can't put my Finger on it

Good one....

Back