Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522797) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522737) said:
@stryker-69 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522735) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522727) said:
@stryker-69 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522708) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522649) said:
If he’s as bad as some of you make out, he’d have been run out of first grade years ago.

That’s why he is the koala

Conspiracy theories aside, the reality is players don’t last if they aren’t up to scratch. Look at Esan Marstsrs. No one wants him. If Brooks were to leave, there would be takers. No one plays nearly 200 games out of charity.

I think you are confusing what is being said.
The guy can play footy to a reasonably high standard on occasion.
As a halfback, he is a koala. 1 higher than average year and 7 poor years…soon to be 8?

He’d be a 7 somewhere else if it wasn’t here.

The fact that Chad Townsend got handed a big contract means that Brooks would get a gig somewhere in the NRL... doesn't mean he'd do a good job

For the love of god can someone start the Brooks thread back up?

I would take Chad Townsend easily over Brooks. The guy has won a comp and played finals numerous times.

Fact of the matter is Hastings will be our half back eventually, and Brooks will be excess baggage.

Have you ever watched a movie and thought how did they get funding for this crap? If Brooks was a movie he would be Sharknado 3.

@the-warrior said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522798) said:
If he’s as bad as some of you make out, he’d have been run out of first grade years ago.

Conspiracy theories aside, the reality is players don’t last if they aren’t up to scratch. Look at Esan Marstsrs. No one wants him. If Brooks were to leave, there would be takers. No one plays nearly 200 games out of charity.

As a halfback, he is a koala. 1 higher than average year and 7 poor years…soon to be 8?

The fact that Chad Townsend got handed a big contract means that Brooks would get a gig somewhere in the NRL... doesn't mean he'd do a good job

I would take Chad Townsend easily over Brooks. The guy has won a comp and played finals numerous times.

Fact of the matter is Hastings will be our half back eventually, and Brooks will be excess baggage.

Have you ever watched a movie and thought how did they get funding for this crap? If Brooks was a movie he would be Sharknado 3.

Would Townsend have won a comp and played finals numerous times if he played for us? And again, so much expectation on Hastings like he’s gonna be the saviour. Starting to feel sorry for the guy if he fails.

@momo_amp_medo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522606) said:
@tomatosoup912 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522536) said:
Good lord what has happened to this place? I have lurked this forum for almost 20 years and I have never seen it so bad.

Was pretty excited to login and see 12 pages of new chat in the signing suggestions and rumours thread, thinking obviously some juicy transfer goss was underway. Instead it's 12 pages of an egotistical yelling contest about which judgemental perspective is the only possible opinion that anyone is allowed to contemplate. You aren't even debating you just keep stone wall repeating the same rhetoric over and over again.

Maybe we can start a "dick measuring" thread so you can all whip it out and fill these voids that you are so desperately trying to validate through these keyboard screaming matches. At least start a Luke Brooks, Jacob Liddle, Luciano thread and screech in there, let the rest of the forum members actually use the signings thread to get excited about potential squad development.

Yep agree …… sadly that’s the current state of affairs on this site. Most of value posters have baled.

It's the offseason not sure value out der

https://weststigersforum.com/topic/32031/luke-brooks-yes-or-no/575?_=1642789376639

There are plenty that still exist.. here is one.. plus he get mentioned at least once in every thread anyway..

Brooks may be the only decent goalkicker available, at in the early part or the 2022 season.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522799) said:

Would Townsend have won a comp and played finals numerous times if he played for us? And again, so much expectation on Hastings like he’s gonna be the saviour. Starting to feel sorry for the guy if he fails.

The Chad was a pretty average half made to look good by being surrounded with a good Sharks' team.

**I would take Chad Townsend easily over Brooks.** The guy has won a comp and played finals numerous times.

I stopped reading your post after the first sentence.

@leichardt61 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522796) said:
@strongee said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522658) said:
@leichardt61 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522648) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522647) said:
@strongee said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522640) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522624) said:
@strongee said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522544) said:
@eternal-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522528) said:
@champ said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522521) said:
@eternal-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522339) said:
@champ said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522337) said:
@eternal-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522221) said:
@bones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522198) said:
@lee-s-fedora said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522196) said:
Brooks hasnt been right for our past 3 coaches maybe the problem is brooks

He won halfback of the year under our previous coach… but don’t let facts get in the way.

Couldn’t this all go in one of the 17 Luke Brooks threads available?

Halfback of the Year for a team who came 9th. In 2018, Cronk had his debut year at Chooks and won a GF, Adam Reynolds got South's to Top 4 and Cleary debuted in Origin, but yeah Brooks was the best 7 in the Comp ???

Man you are salty! Did Brooksy steal your girlfriend or something?

No, she wouldn't leave me, im actually successful. I wouldn't and don't rate any 7 who has played 170 games and is yet to play in a Semi.
We all have different expectations of players....Champ

Well son, be careful because thats 170 more games than you have played! And if you are referring to being successful in dollar terms I doubt you earn $800k a year.........whoops 2 things to worry about now!:)

??? I don't earn 800k a year.
I'm paid really well though and according to my talent and skill set. I haven't bluffed my employer into over paying me for years like Brooks has. If I get a 20 year function in my honour, I promise I have the nous to run through the banner properly, unlike your boy Brooks. Now jog on Champ

He hasn’t though ! He’s paid at or around someone of his skill set is paid ie. first grade halfbacks . Blake green was getting 550k in the end and he was on one leg when he signed the last couple of contracts . Townsend is another good example of the supply demand issue currently .
Just because you don’t value him at 800k doesn’t mean the market doesn’t . He’s a top 8 half . Sorry that’s just true . Does it mean he’s by definition an “800k” player . And what we all generally know that label to mean ? No it doesn’t . But the guy earns 800k because the market dictates he earns it . I guarantee you , that if the knights could take brooks right now at full freight they would have done it yesterday . Same for the raiders , bulldogs , cowboys , and arguably the sharks. the Rabbits and Warriors are going with the youth and Johnston , for what that’s worth , and the dragons are stuck with hunt , and now Mbye .
Like I said top 8 half .
The real issue isnt brooks or Townsend on 800k , but what the hell have we been doing for the last 20 years with halves development in Australia . How do we not have 100 benji Marshalls running around right now , or Jonathon Thurstons .
But you all see Brooks -800k NOT WORTH IT . Based on what metric ? He’d probably get more if he was on the open market . It’s the same reason houses went through the roof . Lack of supply in key suburbs. Is that shack down the road worth 700k ? Perfect world , no way ! But it is because someone is willing to pay it . It’s our perspective that’s failed to move not the value .

I think the problem everyone has is that he is NOT a Top 8 half. You're wrong.

Source: He's never played a finals game ever. Therefore he's never been in a Top 8 team, therefore he's never been a Top 8 half

Whatever man . Your logic is anything but logical , so I can’t be bothered trying to reason with people like you anymore . He’s worth what he’s on . Source;The 4 teams willing to pay full freight to get him

What 4 teams were willing to take him at full frieght? That's a complete fallacy

Off the top some teams imo that would or should be willing:
Knights: Definitely
Bulldogs: Definitely
Dragons: Likely (Loading up rookies)
Redcliffe: Definitely
Cowboys: would have taken him over Townsend any day
Broncos: to partner Reynolds

Like I said a complete waste of time and energy . I have no desire to continue this conversation . Good luck to you sir. Agree to disagree .

I'm not even the guy you were arguing with brother, just threw my 2 cents in with a clear IMO on which clubs would or should be willing, never claimed it as fact. Brooks is ok and the teams more often than not been under par. All I'm saying on this.

Sorry it replied to your comment . I clicked on the one it was supposed to . I’m not sure what happened there . Appears to be a glitch I think .

@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522803) said:
Brooks may be the only decent goalkicker available, at in the early part or the 2022 season.

I think Hastings might be first choice g/kicker

@kh1988 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522839) said:
@newtown said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522803) said:

I think Hastings might be first choice g/kicker

yes, until AD recovers.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522805) said:

**I would take Chad Townsend easily over Brooks.** The guy has won a comp and played finals numerous times.

Downvote.

Thanks for your response Mrs Brooks.

How many times has Brooks played finals? Thanks.

@the-warrior said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522851) said:

Downvote.

Yawn.

Few broken records in this thread lately ?

How many finals series has this club played in its existence? How many players have left the club to play finals footy? maybe once you find the answer, you’ll reLise the problem is much bigger than one player

@speed2burn said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522860) said:

Downvote.

Yawn.

How many finals series has this club played in its existence? How many players have left the club to play finals footy? maybe once you find the answer, you’ll reLise the problem is much bigger than one player

Yep - someone always takes the heat for the rest of the underachievers. Brooks has plenty of flaws but he is in a long line beside plenty who are equally responsible for our lack of success.

@telltails said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522861) said:

Downvote.

Yawn.

Yep - someone always takes the heat for the rest of the underachievers. Brooks has plenty of flaws but he is in a long line beside plenty who are equally responsible for our lack of success.

He started in 2013 (ok let’s call it 2014). Him and Noffa are the only ones remaining since then. Common denominator much?

@the-warrior said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522881) said:

Downvote.

Yawn.

He started in 2013 (ok let’s call it 2014). Him and Noffa are the only ones remaining since then. Common denominator much?

Those two alone are never going to be enough to to build a winning team around. It's futile to hold them responsible for a team that historically
has been owned in the forwards for years on end, and a club unable to hang onto the players that they should of, and or buy the ones they need to be competitive to match the strong clubs.

@telltails said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522886) said:
@the-warrior said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522881) said:

Downvote.

Yawn.

Those two alone are never going to be enough to to build a winning team around. It's futile to hold them responsible for a team that historically
has been owned in the forwards for years on end, and a club unable to hang onto the players that they should of, and or buy the ones they need to be competitive to match the strong clubs.

Twal is into his 6th season .. lucky we still like him..

@cobarcats said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1522684) said:
I reckon Storm's success is due to what B. Smith was talking about, booze.
Bonding is a very important.
Drinking copious quantities of alcohol is very important in building a winning culture ;)
I should be coach of the tigers.

Remember the old days when you would have a siggy, coke, pie and sauce before kickoff then at full time it's back to the change sheds and get totally {!#t faced. If you got man of the match you would drink from the bottomless mug 🤪🍺

Chad Townsend? Really? That guy belongs in a live play of Alice in wonderland as tweedle dee with a propeller hat. He's nowhere near brooks calibre.

What is Brooks calibre? Mediocre for the good part of 10 years i dont want chad by any means but Brooks calibre is NSW cup level

Back